Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  TV Shows 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 ... 226 Go Down Reply
Author

TV Shows

(Read 83900 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2895 on: November 23, 2013, 03:23 PM »

I meant she's never mentioned now, even though he's got a wife and daughter.
Presumably she could re-generate as she is a  time lady?

It seems pretty weird yes, although in the Matt Smith episode 'The Rings of Akhaten', The Doctor took Clara to a place where he took Susan in his first incarnation. That's the closest we have had to a mention of his grand-daughter even though if I recall correctly, she wasn't even mentioned in that episode.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2896 on: November 23, 2013, 03:48 PM »

Dunno if u felt the same way, but Who with Smith became too wordy and also too reliant on special effects. Prefer Mark Gatiss to Moffat. Thought the stories with Eccles were terrific, he was so angry and dark. Believe he's refused to be in tonight's show, which is a shame. Like darkness, or eccentricity, like Tom Baker.  
Interesting u don't rate Smith as he is much closer to your age than any of the others. I think he's been OK but some of the plots have let him down....and far too much snogging Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2897 on: November 23, 2013, 03:58 PM »

Dunno if u felt the same way, but Who with Smith became too wordy and also too reliant on special effects. Prefer Mark Gatiss to Moffat. Thought the stories with Eccles were terrific, he was so angry and dark. Believe he's refused to be in tonight's show, which is a shame. Like darkness, or eccentricity, like Tom Baker.   
Interesting u don't rate Smith as he is much closer to your age than any of the others. I think he's been OK but some of the plots have let him down....and far too much snogging Rolling Eyes

I was too hasty on Matt, but I prefered David infinitely. I don't know really, I might watch all Matt's episodes right from the beginning, just so I can kind of get back into it without feeling like I've missed out on a whole block of time.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2898 on: November 23, 2013, 07:32 PM »

20 minutes!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2899 on: November 23, 2013, 07:48 PM »

Now then, what day is it? Oh yes, its the Day of the Doctor!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2900 on: November 23, 2013, 08:58 PM »

13 Doctors save Gallifrey. Brilliant.

Haha Tom Baker's back!

So Christmas is the Death of the Doctor.
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray November 23, 2013, 09:23 PM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2901 on: November 24, 2013, 12:16 AM »

Wow. They actually changed the Doctor's personal history without actually changing it! Greatest event in television history for me. Absolutely incredible. It had everything. Only thing missing was Hurt actually regenerating into Ecclestone. So wish it happened. Even though Ecclestone said he didn't want to appear, I fell off the chair when I thought it was actually happening then they cruelly cut away from it! Then Baker appears in a cameo. How did they keep that under wraps? There wasn't even a whisper of him appearing. Loved them using the original intro at the start and the lineup of all of them at the end. Can't wait to see it in 3D at the cinema next weekend.

IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2902 on: November 24, 2013, 12:19 AM »

Wow. They actually changed the Doctor's personal history without actually changing it! Greatest event in television history for me. Absolutely incredible. It had everything. Only thing missing was Hurt actually regenerating into Ecclestone. So wish it happened. Even though Ecclestone said he didn't want to appear, I fell off the chair when I thought it was actually happening then they cruelly cut away from it! Then Baker appears in a cameo. How did they keep that under wraps? There wasn't even a whisper of him appearing. Loved them using the original intro at the start and the lineup of all of them at the end. Can't wait to see it in 3D at the cinema next weekend.

Not to forget the Capaldi cameo. I think the bit about Gallifrey was fantastic, hopefully we see more of the Time Lords during Capaldi's reign. It had some funny lines in it and it was genuinely thrilling, particularly the Time War scenes. I couldn't have imagined the episode any other way. Absolutely brilliant.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2903 on: November 24, 2013, 12:23 AM »

Can I just say though, do not use this episode as a starting point for new viewers because it was quite illogical and confusing, unless you have watched Doctor Who since 2005.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2904 on: November 24, 2013, 12:34 AM »

I squealed "the new Doctor!" when Capaldi's face appeared. lol

Tennant's line "it's a machine that goes DING" was my favourite.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2905 on: November 24, 2013, 12:35 AM »

That stare was so menacing that I'm now putting all my fanship faith in Capaldi to become my second favourite Doctor.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2906 on: November 24, 2013, 12:39 AM »

John Hurt's line 'Am I having a mid life crisis' was one of the lines of the episodes I think. lol

Also, when Matt says 'Ah, yes love the Tower. Breakfast at 8 please and will there be WiFi'

Then Hurt replies: 'Are you capable of speaking without flabbing your hands about'

Then Matt calls Hurt Grandad and Tennant Sandshoes. Haha
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray November 24, 2013, 12:43 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2907 on: November 24, 2013, 11:34 AM »

+ Tom Baker, a glimpse of Capaldi's eyebrows
- snogging,  over-complicated plot, Tennant marrying E1, realise you have to suspend your disbeliefometer for Who, but for me this was a step too far

Is  Cap now the 13th doc? Wonder how they'll pull this rabbit from the hat? 
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2908 on: November 24, 2013, 11:37 AM »

+ Tom Baker, a glimpse of Capaldi's eyebrows
- snogging,  over-complicated plot, Tennant marrying E1, realise you have to suspend your disbeliefometer for Who, but for me this was a step too far

Is  Cap now the 13th doc? Wonder how they'll pull this rabbit from the hat?  

Nah he's No.12, Hurt didn't consider himself a real Doctor if you remember, so technically he's just known as the War Doctor, and numerically he's 8.5. But if you count the Meta Crisis Doctor, Hurt would be 9, Ecclestone 10, Tennant 11, Meta Crisis 11.5, Smith 12, Capaldi 13.

I think this has given Who a whole new angle, 'For once I know where I'm going. Home, the long way round.' means he is going to seek out Gallifrey, which I think will be the main storyline for Capaldi's Doctor. I'm very excited for the future. Overall I thought it was splendid and although there was stuff like snogging in, which I don't like to see in Who, the plot has changed the show from this day forward in a good way. The humour in the episode was top notch too, particularly in the forest scenes.
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray November 24, 2013, 12:12 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2909 on: November 24, 2013, 12:12 PM »

I thought the Zygon/Elizabeth storyline wasn't needed. It didn't even have an ending, so technically Zygons are still attacking UNIT.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 ... 226 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »