Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  TV Shows 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 ... 234 Go Down Reply
Author

TV Shows

(Read 89170 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2910 on: November 24, 2013, 02:39 PM »

^ Yeah, did like Tennant and the rabbit!
Still confused re 12 or 13.
Also agree the search for Gallifrey is on! Many, many Time Lords there though, so perhaps it doesn't matter if Pete is 12 or 13?
Bit strange G's stick in a picture in the National though.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2911 on: November 24, 2013, 03:49 PM »

Okay, so who was the cleverclogs who frightened the life out of me with the original music! There was I, all unsuspecting (well, for a second anyway, I clicked what might happen when they showed the sign with the street name on for where the Tardis was in the first episode) and I jumped out of my skin!! I suppose it was the right thing to do, but some warning would have been polite! Tell you what, I wonder what those titles would have looked like in colour. They are spooky in black and white. I'm guessing they'd be akin to what Jon Pertwee had.

I missed the Capaldi cameo, when was that?

"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?" has to be one of the best lines ever! Go on, admit it, it's something you've wondered about Smith's Doctor! I loved "Am I having a mid-life crisis" as well, that was brilliant. I thought the way Smith and Tennant played off one another was fantastic too. I thought the kissing was a bit of a comedy thing this time, the show having a laugh at itself, like the reversing the polarity line, which was good fun.

I didn't quite see the point of the Zygon thing. It actually struck me that it was a bit of a shame they've already done a meeting with the cybermen and the daleks. The 50th anniversary would have surely been a good moment. The zygons seemed a bit random. The Bad Wolf idea coming back as well seemed a bit out there, even by Moffatt's standards, bless him.

It took me a little time to grasp what was going on, but once I'd got it (I felt quite clever Whistle) I thought it was great. They've surely set up what could be a lovely storyline for Peter Capaldi, his Doctor searching for Gallifrey.

Those time war scenes were amazing last night. They'd be amazing on the cinema screen.

It would probably have been wrong not to include one of the old Doctors somehow, and much to my surprise I found it genuinely moving. Tom Baker used to scare me to death (the eyes!) but his appearance was spot on last night. Did you notice how he couldn't quite keep the glee out of his voice? Which reminds me, that voice of his, as soon as he spoke you just knew it was him, even before they showed his face.

I was watching the news this morning and they were interviewing a comedian who is also a Doctor Who fan. He watched the episode at one of the cinema screenings. This bloke was saying he'd spoken to Tom Baker yesterday and Baker was telling him what a shame it was that none of the old Doctors would be in the episode, and how much fun it would have been to have been in it. The man had fallen for it hook, line and sinker, so he said when Baker appeared on the screen he actually cried.

All in all, though I do think the plot was a bit complicated, and the original music gave me a fright, I thought it was a fantastic tribute. Some of the references to the past were about as subtle as a sledge-hammer, but it was fun to see the show not take itself too seriously.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2912 on: November 24, 2013, 03:57 PM »

Okay, so who was the cleverclogs who frightened the life out of me with the original music! There was I, all unsuspecting (well, for a second anyway, I clicked what might happen when they showed the sign with the street name on for where the Tardis was in the first episode) and I jumped out of my skin!! I suppose it was the right thing to do, but some warning would have been polite! Tell you what, I wonder what those titles would have looked like in colour. They are spooky in black and white. I'm guessing they'd be akin to what Jon Pertwee had.

I missed the Capaldi cameo, when was that?

"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?" has to be one of the best lines ever! Go on, admit it, it's something you've wondered about Smith's Doctor! I loved "Am I having a mid-life crisis" as well, that was brilliant. I thought the way Smith and Tennant played off one another was fantastic too. I thought the kissing was a bit of a comedy thing this time, the show having a laugh at itself, like the reversing the polarity line, which was good fun.

I didn't quite see the point of the Zygon thing. It actually struck me that it was a bit of a shame they've already done a meeting with the cybermen and the daleks. The 50th anniversary would have surely been a good moment. The zygons seemed a bit random. The Bad Wolf idea coming back as well seemed a bit out there, even by Moffatt's standards, bless him.

It took me a little time to grasp what was going on, but once I'd got it (I felt quite clever Whistle) I thought it was great. They've surely set up what could be a lovely storyline for Peter Capaldi, his Doctor searching for Gallifrey.

Those time war scenes were amazing last night. They'd be amazing on the cinema screen.

It would probably have been wrong not to include one of the old Doctors somehow, and much to my surprise I found it genuinely moving. Tom Baker used to scare me to death (the eyes!) but his appearance was spot on last night. Did you notice how he couldn't quite keep the glee out of his voice? Which reminds me, that voice of his, as soon as he spoke you just knew it was him, even before they showed his face.

I was watching the news this morning and they were interviewing a comedian who is also a Doctor Who fan. He watched the episode at one of the cinema screenings. This bloke was saying he'd spoken to Tom Baker yesterday and Baker was telling him what a shame it was that none of the old Doctors would be in the episode, and how much fun it would have been to have been in it. The man had fallen for it hook, line and sinker, so he said when Baker appeared on the screen he actually cried.

All in all, though I do think the plot was a bit complicated, and the original music gave me a fright, I thought it was a fantastic tribute. Some of the references to the past were about as subtle as a sledge-hammer, but it was fun to see the show not take itself too seriously.

Well said Teejay, every word of what you have said rings true. The Capaldi cameo came when the thirteen Doctors froze Gallifrey. A Time Lord said all twelve Doctors were there (First 11 and Hurt) then Rassilon? said 'No, all 13!' It switched to a hand flicking a switch and the eyes of Capaldi appeared. Brilliant.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2913 on: November 24, 2013, 04:19 PM »

Well said Teejay, every word of what you have said rings true. The Capaldi cameo came when the thirteen Doctors froze Gallifrey. A Time Lord said all twelve Doctors were there (First 11 and Hurt) then Rassilon? said 'No, all 13!' It switched to a hand flicking a switch and the eyes of Capaldi appeared. Brilliant.

Thanks Gangsta. I'll have to look again for Capaldi. I don't quite know why I didn't see that, but I suppose there was a lot take in. Either that or I nipped to the loo at the wrong moment Smile.

The only issue I can see coming is that they'll have some explaining to do when Capaldi takes over, to explain why he isn't Doctor 14. I sort of get it, but given that a regeneration from 8 to Hurt's Doctor happened, and then Hurt regenerated into 9, it's a tough one to get around the die-hards, surely.

I just wish now that I could find a way through this thing I have about the old theme music. Look at all the years of the Doctor I could have fun catching up with!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2914 on: November 24, 2013, 04:22 PM »

Thanks Gangsta. I'll have to look again for Capaldi. I don't quite know why I didn't see that, but I suppose there was a lot take in. Either that or I nipped to the loo at the wrong moment Smile.

The only issue I can see coming is that they'll have some explaining to do when Capaldi takes over, to explain why he isn't Doctor 14. I sort of get it, but given that a regeneration from 8 to Hurt's Doctor happened, and then Hurt regenerated into 9, it's a tough one to get around the die-hards, surely.

I just wish now that I could find a way through this thing I have about the old theme music. Look at all the years of the Doctor I could have fun catching up with!

Force yourself to listen to it, push yourself.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2915 on: November 24, 2013, 06:07 PM »

When I was in primary school, I used to write short Doctor Who scripts for me and a couple of friends and used to perform them in front of the class. I loved those days. I was ALWAYS the Doctor. I might get back into writing Doctor Who episodes for fun, because I used to really enjoy the adventure of writing them myself years ago.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2916 on: November 24, 2013, 08:03 PM »

Just about to watch Colin Baker's Trail of a Timelord epic. 350 minutes of Doctor Who greatness.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2917 on: November 24, 2013, 09:09 PM »

Haven't been able to stop replaying it in my head since. Can't wait for the next series. Still feel a bit sad Ecclestone couldn't have agreed to a 10 second cameo to show Hurt's full regeneration into him.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 November 24, 2013, 09:18 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2918 on: November 24, 2013, 09:18 PM »

Why do people want 'Off with the Moff' after that amazing episode? You can't please some DW fans.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2919 on: November 24, 2013, 10:23 PM »

Thinking back I also loved how they explained the crane carrying the Tardis over London as Derren Brown.
"Again?"
"We've sent him some flowers." lol
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2920 on: November 24, 2013, 10:27 PM »

Thinking back I also loved how they explained the crane carrying the Tardis over London as Derren Brown.
"Again?"
"We've sent him some flowers." lol

Yes haha that was fantastic.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2921 on: November 24, 2013, 11:12 PM »

2015 will be the 10th anniversary of the reboot. What chance of a special featuring Capaldi, Smith and Tennant? Maybe even Ecclestone too.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 November 24, 2013, 11:17 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2922 on: November 24, 2013, 11:27 PM »

Some good news for fans of Hartnell's Who. A fan has found to have recorded all 7 episodes of the 1st Doctor's completely missing story 'Marco Polo' and will be restored and aired next month, with a DVD release penned some time next year. Amazing.

This was also tweeted by a source that claimed his source had given him this information and had not been wrong with predicting the findings of lost episodes for over two years. "MP, TM, DMP, CT, POTD, EOTD, MT, AS... coming in the next 18 months"

The initials stand for:
MP = Marco Polo
TM = The Moonbase
DMP = Dalek Masterplan (The 12 part epic that is apparently the greatest Dalek story ever)
CT = Celestial Toymaker
POTD = Power of the Daleks (Troughton's first story as the Doctor)
EOTD = Evil of the Daleks
MT = Macra Terror
AS = Abominable Snowmen
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray November 24, 2013, 11:39 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2923 on: November 25, 2013, 09:06 AM »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-christmas-spoilers-matt-2847509

Moffat has confirmed that Matt is actually the thirteenth Doctor with the Christmas special focusing around him 'dying and there is nothing he can do about it'. According to the show's folklore, the Doctor only has thirteen incarnations before he dies. So it looks like Capaldi could become the Doctor with more than just a regeneration sequence.

The Christmas special is going to be good then, its effectively the Death of the Doctor.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2924 on: November 25, 2013, 09:40 AM »

Dr Who is so poor, I don't get the popularity :/
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 ... 234 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »