Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  TV Shows 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 ... 211 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 78202 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2925 on: November 25, 2013, 12:18 PM »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-christmas-spoilers-matt-2847509

Moffat has confirmed that Matt is actually the thirteenth Doctor with the Christmas special focusing around him 'dying and there is nothing he can do about it'. According to the show's folklore, the Doctor only has thirteen incarnations before he dies. So it looks like Capaldi could become the Doctor with more than just a regeneration sequence.

The Christmas special is going to be good then, its effectively the Death of the Doctor.

The funny thing is that I was going to correct myself today. I'd inadvertently called Peter Capaldi Doctor 14 in an earlier post, and I was going to correct myself, but if Stephen Moffatt says he is 14, then he's 14. Who am I to argue Smile.

Gangsta do you think the die-hards will buy in to that? The idea of there being 13 doctors, but only 12 regenerations is very well established. Even those of us on the periphery of Doctor Who tend to know that. I just wonder how a really die-hard fan, people who have been in to it from the start say, will feel about Moffatt doing such a reboot, although I suppose the thought that without a reboot the show would have to end would help a little.

The big question a lot of fans might have is about the regeneration 10 used up. I remember it well, because at the time I was convinced they'd pulled a fast one on us, but the thing with that was that the regeneration wasn't complete, because the Doctor (Oh God, I'm sounding like a right swot now!) used enough energy to heal himself and then he transferred the rest into his spare hand. My understanding was that in effect it wasn't a true regeneration, and I can imagine a lot of people saying the same.

It's an interesting prospect though, making Capaldi 14. I imagine it could open the door for all sorts of changes.

It sounds like the Christmas special could be very good. I hope so. I think they've been a bit weak for Matt Smith's Doctor, although I thought last year's wasn't so bad. The year before I had no idea what was going on.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2926 on: November 25, 2013, 12:20 PM »

"I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but at the time, so did the zygon."

Brilliant line from Elizabeth I!
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2927 on: November 25, 2013, 12:24 PM »

The funny thing is that I was going to correct myself today. I'd inadvertently called Peter Capaldi Doctor 14 in an earlier post, and I was going to correct myself, but if Stephen Moffatt says he is 14, then he's 14. Who am I to argue Smile.

Gangsta do you think the die-hards will buy in to that? The idea of there being 13 doctors, but only 12 regenerations is very well established. Even those of us on the periphery of Doctor Who tend to know that. I just wonder how a really die-hard fan, people who have been in to it from the start say, will feel about Moffatt doing such a reboot, although I suppose the thought that without a reboot the show would have to end would help a little.

The big question a lot of fans might have is about the regeneration 10 used up. I remember it well, because at the time I was convinced they'd pulled a fast one on us, but the thing with that was that the regeneration wasn't complete, because the Doctor (Oh God, I'm sounding like a right swot now!) used enough energy to heal himself and then he transferred the rest into his spare hand. My understanding was that in effect it wasn't a true regeneration, and I can imagine a lot of people saying the same.

It's an interesting prospect though, making Capaldi 14. I imagine it could open the door for all sorts of changes.

It sounds like the Christmas special could be very good. I hope so. I think they've been a bit weak for Matt Smith's Doctor, although I thought last year's wasn't so bad. The year before I had no idea what was going on.

I'm assuming that Moffat has included the Metacrisis Doctor as a real Doctor which is very interesting. I'm not sure whether die hards will buy into or not buy its certainly created a new root for the series. A new regenerative cycle.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2928 on: November 25, 2013, 12:31 PM »

So the Doctors are:

1 = The First Doctor (Hartnell)
2 = The Second Doctor (Troughton)
3 = The Third Doctor (Pertwee)
4 = The Fourth Doctor (Baker)
5 = The Fifth Doctor (Davison)
6 = The Sixth Doctor (Baker)
7 = The Seventh Doctor (McCoy)
8 = The Eighth Doctor (McGann)
9 = The War Doctor (Hurt)
10 = The Ninth Doctor (Ecclestone)
11 = The Tenth Doctor (Tennant)
12 = The Metacrisis Doctor (Tennant)
13 = The Eleventh Doctor (Smith)
14 = The Twelfth Doctor (Capaldi)

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2929 on: November 25, 2013, 02:05 PM »

So the Doctors are:

1 = The First Doctor (Hartnell)
2 = The Second Doctor (Troughton)
3 = The Third Doctor (Pertwee)
4 = The Fourth Doctor (Baker)
5 = The Fifth Doctor (Davison)
6 = The Sixth Doctor (Baker)
7 = The Seventh Doctor (McCoy)
8 = The Eighth Doctor (McGann)
9 = The War Doctor (Hurt)
10 = The Ninth Doctor (Ecclestone)
11 = The Tenth Doctor (Tennant)
12 = The Metacrisis Doctor (Tennant)
13 = The Eleventh Doctor (Smith)
14 = The Twelfth Doctor (Capaldi)

That's right, but I don't think the metacrisis comes in to it as such. Moffatt appears to be counting Tennant twice because he literally has two regenerations, the one he stopped before it completed, when he used his spare hand, and the other when Wilf knocked four times, when he became Matt Smith.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2930 on: November 25, 2013, 02:19 PM »

That's right, but I don't think the metacrisis comes in to it as such. Moffatt appears to be counting Tennant twice because he literally has two regenerations, the one he stopped before it completed, when he used his spare hand, and the other when Wilf knocked four times, when he became Matt Smith.

The Metacrisis one is the one when he used the spare hand.

Well, what actually happened was Donna touched the container with the hand in and the regenerative energies in the hand combined with Donna's DNA and a Meta Crisis happened, then the container shattered and the energies regenerated the full body of the Doctor, but because Donna had touched the container, the Metacrisis was human and developed some of Donna's mannerisms which looking back led to quite a funny scene when the Metacrisis was created.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2931 on: November 25, 2013, 04:00 PM »

Doctor Who is awful.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2932 on: November 25, 2013, 04:06 PM »

The Metacrisis one is the one when he used the spare hand.

Well, what actually happened was Donna touched the container with the hand in and the regenerative energies in the hand combined with Donna's DNA and a Meta Crisis happened, then the container shattered and the energies regenerated the full body of the Doctor, but because Donna had touched the container, the Metacrisis was human and developed some of Donna's mannerisms which looking back led to quite a funny scene when the Metacrisis was created.

That's right. The metacrisis thing was good. I just thought it was a shame that Donna went out of it.

Gangsta, while I'm at it, assure me of something. I remember watching an episode of Doctor Who once, during Colin Baker's time, (just shows I can watch old episodes I suppose!) that I'm sure had a monster in it that looked like Bertie Bassett. In my head the episode was called The Candyman, or something like that. Am I right or has my brain made it up?

I seem to remembertwo old women as well, who I think were supposed to be cannibals or something.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2933 on: November 25, 2013, 06:47 PM »

That's right. The metacrisis thing was good. I just thought it was a shame that Donna went out of it.

Gangsta, while I'm at it, assure me of something. I remember watching an episode of Doctor Who once, during Colin Baker's time, (just shows I can watch old episodes I suppose!) that I'm sure had a monster in it that looked like Bertie Bassett. In my head the episode was called The Candyman, or something like that. Am I right or has my brain made it up?

I seem to remembertwo old women as well, who I think were supposed to be cannibals or something.

Ah that was actually a Sylvester McCoy story called The Happiness Patrol, the monster was called The Kandyman.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2934 on: November 25, 2013, 06:56 PM »

Ah that was actually a Sylvester McCoy story called The Happiness Patrol, the monster was called The Kandyman.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks!
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2935 on: November 25, 2013, 06:59 PM »

Ah, that makes sense, thanks!

Fountain of all Who knowledge me. lol
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2936 on: November 25, 2013, 07:02 PM »

Fountain of all Who knowledge me. lol

Absolutely Smile. It's weird though, because that episode, at least in some sense, stuck in my mind. The Kandyman itself was dead creepy. Bertie Bassett still gives me the heebie-jeebies!
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2937 on: November 25, 2013, 07:14 PM »

Absolutely Smile. It's weird though, because that episode, at least in some sense, stuck in my mind. The Kandyman itself was dead creepy. Bertie Bassett still gives me the heebie-jeebies!

No monster has scared me, not even the Daleks. But, the 1970's Autons were freaky, when they were brought back in 2005 for Ecclestones first episode, they didn't scare me anymore.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2938 on: November 25, 2013, 07:33 PM »

Family Guy
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2939 on: November 25, 2013, 08:22 PM »

Jenna Coleman did an interview with Digital Spy and apparently Smith's exit is going to be 'brutal and traumatic'. The most violent regeneration yet then?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 ... 211 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »