Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  TV Shows 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 ... 228 Go Down Reply
Author

TV Shows

(Read 84625 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2970 on: January 06, 2014, 11:10 AM »

Filming for Doctor Who Series 8 begins today #excited.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2971 on: January 06, 2014, 03:47 PM »

According to people at The Maltings, Splott, Cardiff, they seem to be filming an episode with a Victorian look. Hmmm....
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2972 on: January 06, 2014, 03:56 PM »

Some people seem a bit too obsessed with Dr Who
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2973 on: January 06, 2014, 09:34 PM »

And why not be? Wink

Got back home on Friday so finally managed to see the Xmas special in the weekend.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2974 on: January 06, 2014, 10:25 PM »

Set where filming is taking place now a WWI style train station. Jesus.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2975 on: January 06, 2014, 10:26 PM »

And why not be? Wink

Got back home on Friday so finally managed to see the Xmas special in the weekend.

Opinions?
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2976 on: January 07, 2014, 01:31 AM »

Really enjoyed it and it met the high expectations as always. My brother warned me you needed to remember a lot about Matt Smith's episodes so I read up on Friday night to give myself a good recap before watching it on Saturday night so all the stuff about the silence and the question were fresh in my mind.

Didn't expect the Doctor to be dying of old age but I guess it made sense having used up all his regenerations. It raised a few questions to get you looking forward to the next series. Was it a new cycle of regenerations so he now has another 12? Is Capaldi now 12 (or 14 of course) or is he sort of reset back to 1? Asking how to fly the Tardis made me wonder if he was reset and doesn't hold the Doctor's memories anymore, or maybe he was just disorientated after the regeneration. Did the Time Lords and Gallifrey break through or were they just able to enter briefly to pass on the regenerations? Also seems they are not as "frozen" as the Day of the Doctor suggested they would be.

Surprised me how fast the regeneration was compared to previous ones. Also couldn't help having some tears, especially when the bow tie fell to the ground and Amy appeared. Going to miss Smith. Still think Tennant is my number 1, but it's extremely close.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2977 on: January 07, 2014, 01:38 AM »

Really enjoyed it and it met the high expectations as always. My brother warned me you needed to remember a lot about Matt Smith's episodes so I read up on Friday night to give myself a good recap before watching it on Saturday night so all the stuff about the silence and the question were fresh in my mind.

Didn't expect the Doctor to be dying of old age but I guess it made sense having used up all his regenerations. It raised a few questions to get you looking forward to the next series. Was it a new cycle of regenerations so he now has another 12? Is Capaldi now 12 (or 14 of course) or is he sort of reset back to 1? Asking how to fly the Tardis made me wonder if he was reset and doesn't hold the Doctor's memories anymore, or maybe he was just disorientated after the regeneration. Did the Time Lords and Gallifrey break through or were they just able to enter briefly to pass on the regenerations? Also seems they are not as "frozen" as the Day of the Doctor suggested they would be.

Surprised me how fast the regeneration was compared to previous ones. Also couldn't help having some tears, especially when the bow tie fell to the ground and Amy appeared. Going to miss Smith. Still think Tennant is my number 1, but it's extremely close.

The how to fly the TARDIS question was certainly disorientation. I think he's still 12 but its the start of a new cycle. I didn't appreciate Smith until later on in his tenure and now I kind of miss him but I'm giddy for Capaldi, and as filming started today some exciting sets for episodes has been revealed (Victorian and WWI). It will be interesting to see what the Time Lords do over the next series as the crack wasn't fully dealt with. I loved the regeneration, particularly on the clock tower, even though it was a bit quick. Over all though a good episode.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2978 on: January 07, 2014, 01:48 AM »

Can't wait for the new series. In the mean time I've still got plenty of older episodes to watch. Last year UKTV here showed episodes of a different Doctor each month in the lead up to the 50th special so my DVR has been full of them since last January! Gradually making my way through them and am now up to the 7th Doctor - watched Paradise Towers last night.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2979 on: January 07, 2014, 10:13 PM »

A shot from filming of Series 8 today, recognize anyone familiar?

* Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 22.12.39.png (226.96 KB, 318x462 - viewed 43 times.)
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2980 on: January 07, 2014, 10:19 PM »

Was surprised Vastra, Jenny and Strax didn't feature at all in the 50th or Xmas specials. Especially the 50th given their major role in The Name of the Doctor.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2981 on: January 07, 2014, 10:25 PM »

Was surprised Vastra, Jenny and Strax didn't feature at all in the 50th or Xmas specials. Especially the 50th given their major role in The Name of the Doctor.

Yes, did seem rather odd. Well I'm quite glad they will be in Series 8.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2982 on: January 08, 2014, 08:36 PM »

Capaldi will be Doctor 14. It was explained in the episode how it works, but Capaldi is definitely 14.

Not having seen all of Smith's episodes I didn't get all the references at Christmas, but I still think it was great. I can't wait to see how Capaldi plays the Doctor.

I watched A Journey In Time and Space again yesterday - recorded from Christmas and forgotten - and I still think David Bradley was excellent as William Hartnell.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2983 on: January 08, 2014, 09:00 PM »

Capaldi will be Doctor 14. It was explained in the episode how it works, but Capaldi is definitely 14.

Not having seen all of Smith's episodes I didn't get all the references at Christmas, but I still think it was great. I can't wait to see how Capaldi plays the Doctor.

I watched A Journey In Time and Space again yesterday - recorded from Christmas and forgotten - and I still think David Bradley was excellent as William Hartnell.

Adventure Wink
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2984 on: January 08, 2014, 09:06 PM »

Adventure Wink

Of course, I stand corrected Smile.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 ... 228 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »