Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  TV Shows 1 Member and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 ... 210 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 77645 times)
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2625 on: November 27, 2012, 01:08 AM »

Is anyone watching The Killing III? I'm becoming addicted to Danish crime drama.  The Killing I & II were fantastic.  Check it out on BB4.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2626 on: November 27, 2012, 02:56 AM »

I'm watchig the first series of the US version as it's on here at the moment. Final episode tomorrow.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2627 on: December 03, 2012, 09:26 PM »

Saw Homeland season 2 episode 10 last night. Loving NZ managing to get it just hours after it screens in the US.

Spoiler:
Is that even possible to hack into someone's pacemaker with the serial number and stop it from a computer at some distant location? Unless pacemakers operate over some sort of mobile network (and why would they?) how could one be accessed?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2628 on: December 03, 2012, 09:32 PM »

Saw Homeland season 2 episode 10 last night. Loving NZ managing to get it just hours after it screens in the US.

Spoiler:
Is that even possible to hack into someone's pacemaker with the serial number and stop it from a computer at some distant location? Unless pacemakers operate over some sort of mobile network (and why would they?) how could one be accessed?

I actually wondered this myself,but then I read an interview with the writers,and they explained that they actually came up with the idea after reading an article about how it actually could be done-that scientists had been able to tamper with the equipment and speed everything up and-well,I can't remember the technical details,but the gist of it was yes,it can be done!But apparently now the guys who make these things are,with the help of the latest scientific research,changing them so it can't be done.

I can look for the article in my history and pm you the link,if you're interested?
[ Last edit by xxdanixx December 03, 2012, 09:37 PM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2629 on: December 03, 2012, 10:18 PM »

Just found that article myself. Smile
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2630 on: December 07, 2012, 01:23 PM »

Is anyone watching The Killing III? I'm becoming addicted to Danish crime drama.  The Killing I & II were fantastic.  Check it out on BB4.

I am, just love it and 1 and 2, too. The Guardian has a brilliant blog about it where we all exchange endless theories.
Is Borch up to his neck in nefarious deeds.....Wink
The acting is terrific isn't it? Sofie G can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned but Anders, who plays Robert, is running her a very close second with his buttoned up grief.
Wonderful yay
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2631 on: January 05, 2013, 12:52 AM »

I kept hearing about The Shield so thought I'd give it a go.

I've just finished season 5 and have to say it's the greatest season finale I have ever seen. I was literally out of breath from the emotional turmoil. Now just two more seasons for me to watch.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2632 on: January 05, 2013, 03:50 AM »

It's about time you caught up.

One of the best shows, ever.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2633 on: January 08, 2013, 01:16 AM »

Finished it all now Smile

I just discovered that the show was inspired by the Rampart police scandal.

In extensive testimony to investigators, Pérez provided a detailed portrait of the culture of the elite CRASH unit. Pérez insisted that 90% of CRASH officers were "in the loop," knowingly framing innocent suspects and perjuring themselves on the witness stand. Pérez claims his superiors were aware of and encouraged CRASH officers to engage in misconduct; the goal of the unit was to arrest gang members by any means necessary. Pérez described how CRASH officers were awarded plaques for shooting suspects, with extra honors if suspects were killed. Pérez alleges that CRASH officers carried spare guns in their "war bags" to plant on suspects.
[ Last edit by Mark January 08, 2013, 01:43 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2634 on: February 17, 2013, 01:20 PM »

Anyone out there watching "Spiral?" Am loving it and girls get on over there because therein does lie the most beautiful man in the world- the divine Pierre. Apparently also in "Mr Selfridge" but haven't checked it out.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2635 on: February 17, 2013, 02:46 PM »

Anyone out there watching "Spiral?" Am loving it and girls get on over there because therein does lie the most beautiful man in the world- the divine Pierre. Apparently also in "Mr Selfridge" but haven't checked it out.

I watched Mr Selfridge on ITV. Very good show. A bit Dowton Abbey-esque
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2636 on: February 24, 2013, 07:20 PM »

Anyone watch this show? It's like a depressing version of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Apart from the needless overly rude jokes in the stand-up segments, it's a really enjoyable watch.

I find myself relating to Louie quite a bit, much like I do with Larry from Curb. That's probably a bad thing lol
[ Last edit by Mark February 24, 2013, 07:23 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2637 on: March 01, 2013, 08:37 PM »

Mary and Martha is on TV now.  I'm changing channels.  Not wanting to think about Malaria right now. Selfish, I know, but am relieved to hear my girlie is well from Africa every time I hear her voice. 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2638 on: March 05, 2013, 04:28 PM »

I think you're talking about Gregory Fitoussi, is that his name? He is a bit pretty, I agree.

Mr. Selfridge started off all right, got a bit better, and now has gone down the pan. Not a patch on Downton Abbey. I'll stick to Call The Midwife, which is fantastic.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2639 on: March 14, 2013, 05:36 PM »

LOVE House of Cards Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 ... 210 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »