Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  TV Shows 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 231 Go Down Reply
Author

TV Shows

(Read 87020 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2805 on: September 05, 2013, 11:41 PM »

Watched the first episode of Death in Paradise last night. Pretty good and I love that the Cat is playing a character called Dwayne. lol
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2806 on: October 03, 2013, 02:39 AM »

So BBC has confirmed 75 countries to simultaneously broadcast the Dr Who 50th anniversary special live on 23rd November and typically NZ is not on the list. Australia is getting it as are most of Africa and South America and a decent chunk of Asia. The likes of Guatemala, El Salvador, Bukina Faso, Cape Verde Islands, Sao Tome & Principe and Equatorial Guniea get it. But not us. Zimbabwe get it. At least North Korea aren't getting it before us!

Been a bit of an uproar since yesterday morning. There's a massive Dr Who following here and apparently NZ was the first country outside of the UK to ever show it on TV (back in 1964), yet we don't get to take part in this one-off special event and will either have to download it or try and avoid all the spoilers until we get it. We'll get the all important Sunday morning infomercials instead.

Interestingly not much of Europe are getting it either - is it not so popular on the continent? Only Finland, Germany, Poland, Russia and obviously UK are on the list.

In other news, I just won a life size inflatable Stig from a Top Gear trivia question on Facebook. lol
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 October 03, 2013, 03:06 AM ] IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2807 on: October 03, 2013, 07:44 AM »

Homeland back on Sunday  yay
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2808 on: October 03, 2013, 08:17 AM »

So BBC has confirmed 75 countries to simultaneously broadcast the Dr Who 50th anniversary special live on 23rd November and typically NZ is not on the list. Australia is getting it as are most of Africa and South America and a decent chunk of Asia. The likes of Guatemala, El Salvador, Bukina Faso, Cape Verde Islands, Sao Tome & Principe and Equatorial Guniea get it. But not us. Zimbabwe get it. At least North Korea aren't getting it before us!

Been a bit of an uproar since yesterday morning. There's a massive Dr Who following here and apparently NZ was the first country outside of the UK to ever show it on TV (back in 1964), yet we don't get to take part in this one-off special event and will either have to download it or try and avoid all the spoilers until we get it. We'll get the all important Sunday morning infomercials instead.

Interestingly not much of Europe are getting it either - is it not so popular on the continent? Only Finland, Germany, Poland, Russia and obviously UK are on the list.

In other news, I just won a life size inflatable Stig from a Top Gear trivia question on Facebook. lol

I used be a a Whovian, I haven't seen it since David Tennant, but I might watch this episode.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2809 on: October 03, 2013, 09:18 AM »

Sorry to here that Invisibleman! I wonder why that is!  confused  Did you win 'Stig of The Dump'?  w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2810 on: October 03, 2013, 09:19 AM »

I used be a a Whovian, I haven't seen it since David Tennant, but I might watch this episode.
Me neither Gangsta.......but David Tennant is in this one!  yay
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2811 on: October 06, 2013, 10:26 PM »

Caved in and downloaded episode 1 of Homeland last week and will do the same for the rest of the season. We got season 2 on the same day about 6 hours after the US broadcast last year but there's been no mention of even gettng season 3 at all yet. Don't know why that is. First time I've ever resorted to a download for a TV show that hasn't aired here yet (have only ever previously done it for things that have been on that I missed) but I'm not prepared to wait for months for this and see all the spoilers. That particular network had a little campaign of fast tracking a few shows last year but that seems to have been abandoned.

Sorry to here that Invisibleman! I wonder why that is!  confused  Did you win 'Stig of The Dump'?  w00t

Guess it's purely because of cost. Networks here just won't pay to screen shows quickly. We were about 3 weeks behind the latest series of Dr Who too and that was actually really good for NZ. The bull**** excuse they have come out with is to do with the rating of the show not being able to be shown at that time in the morning but I can't believe none of those other countries have similar restrictions they are able to get around or make an exception for a one off special event like this. It's a family show anyway. There's no swering, nudity, sex, drugs etc. Not sure what the Stig will be like yet, should arrive this week.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2812 on: October 06, 2013, 10:38 PM »

Me neither Gangsta.......but David Tennant is in this one!  yay

I'll watch it then. He was the best Doctor bar Tom Baker.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2813 on: October 07, 2013, 10:14 AM »

^ I'd say he was the best bar none, but then that might just be because he's better looking!  :p
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2814 on: October 31, 2013, 01:12 AM »

Just watched the first part of 'The Escape Artist' with David Tennant on BBC iPlayer. Starts off pretty normal, then gets sinister. Definitely a must watch for fans of crime and murder/law dramas.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2815 on: October 31, 2013, 08:38 AM »

Just watched the first part of 'The Escape Artist' with David Tennant on BBC iPlayer. Starts off pretty normal, then gets sinister. Definitely a must watch for fans of crime and murder/law dramas.

I've got it recorded
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2816 on: October 31, 2013, 10:40 PM »

Connor was right, the escape artist was fabulous! Tennant as usual was outstanding. Cant wait to see the next part. Best drama since broad church  thumb up
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2817 on: November 10, 2013, 10:39 PM »

50 years ago in 13 days time, the greatest British TV show of all time was born.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2818 on: November 10, 2013, 11:16 PM »

Indeed. And with a bit of luck, those of us in the third world might even be able to see the special some time before the 100th anniversary!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: TV Shows « Reply #2819 on: November 10, 2013, 11:21 PM »

Indeed. And with a bit of luck, those of us in the third world might even be able to see the special some time before the 100th anniversary!

If it survives 100 years, he only has 12 incarnations.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 231 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »