Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Tattoos and Piercings 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Have you ever had a fake tattoo
No, but I have/have been drawn upon
Yes a henna tattoo
Yes ,a little transfer tattoo
All or some of the above three
No, never

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 Go Down Reply
Author

Tattoos and Piercings

(Read 15558 times)
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #915 on: May 04, 2011, 07:44 PM »

Finished project (although am getting touch ups on it next week!)

IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #916 on: July 06, 2011, 09:13 AM »

Wow, its been a while.  Better bring this back up as its a piercing and another tattoo later lol
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #917 on: July 06, 2011, 12:25 PM »

Wow, its been a while.  Better bring this back up as its a piercing and another tattoo later lol

Amy, does the dress code I posted for Harrods not put you off having these designs all over your body?   If that's just a shop I dare imagine what other larger firms are like.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #918 on: July 06, 2011, 12:55 PM »

well i can't afford harrods stuff anyway so no loss. plus i do alot of internet shopping Hehe. nothin puts me off. they make me happy, the one thing that does at the moment.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #919 on: July 06, 2011, 12:56 PM »

The dress code is for employees not customers...
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #920 on: July 06, 2011, 01:02 PM »

Oh thank god haha.  Sorry, I'm above working in retail tbh.  I've done my sentence in that.  Lots of retail don't like visable tattoos, isn't professional as far as customers go.  Doing what I do doesn't matter because I work in an office.

I'm currently working for one of the UK's largest accounts firms and there are bloke working here who have sleeves.  Obv not on show all the time but they are if they roll up their shirt sleeves when its warm.
[ Last edit by Quackers July 06, 2011, 01:05 PM ] IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #921 on: July 06, 2011, 01:16 PM »

It's a brilliant place to work as management in! Section managers start at £34k, I wouldn't complain!!! shocking
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #922 on: July 06, 2011, 01:19 PM »

How does one get to management ..... by working in retail from the bottom.  Nay thanks.  I'd rather work in a job that I enjoyed that paid well rather than in a job I don't want getting loads for it.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #923 on: July 06, 2011, 01:33 PM »

How does one get to management ..... by working in retail from the bottom.  Nay thanks.  I'd rather work in a job that I enjoyed that paid well rather than in a job I don't want getting loads for it.

A degree is a good start Smile
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #924 on: July 06, 2011, 01:49 PM »

So that what you're going to do after uni?  Work in a shop?  Well, if it makes you happy Smile  I bet the discount would be good!  Not like you'd need it being on £35K lol
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #925 on: July 06, 2011, 02:09 PM »

So that what you're going to do after uni?  Work in a shop?  Well, if it makes you happy Smile  I bet the discount would be good!  Not like you'd need it being on £35K lol

Lidl are offering 40k per annum and a company car (Audi) for store managers. I'd love a slice of that, but retail is moving online so I don't know if I would enter brick and mortar retail management.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #926 on: July 06, 2011, 02:13 PM »

I'd love a slice of any large money like that, but doing a career I want to do.  Once you get into full time work you'll understand, you spend 37 hours a week or maybe more working, you do it more than you see your family or friends - no matter how much it pays, if its not what you want to do or making you happy it'll soon take effect. 

I always thought you two would do something related to what your doing at uni, didn't realise you'd be able with retail.  Alot of retail companies build people up from the bottom so going uni isn't always nessessary.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #927 on: July 06, 2011, 02:20 PM »

You seem to have a misconception of what retail involves. A tiny percentage of the workforce actually do the monotonous till work, most of the jobs are office based and relate to finance, marketing, digital communications and HRM...  for which you sure need a degree in this day and age!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #928 on: July 06, 2011, 02:21 PM »

I always thought you two would do something related to what your doing at uni, didn't realise you'd be able with retail.  Alot of retail companies build people up from the bottom so going uni isn't always nessessary.

Fast tracks you though, doesn't it? I've done the ground work at three different companies and it's not enjoyable.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #929 on: July 06, 2011, 02:27 PM »

If you want to work high up in retail then go for it.  I don't see the point of going to uni for a degree then into something unrelated.  English people have to pay for uni so I think its completely backward to do that.  What a waste of money.

You're right Julia, and harrods must be the only stuck up company to not allow tattooed people into there offices.  Though, if I went for a finance job at Harrods they wouldn't know about mine anyway unless I or someone else told them, so whats the big deal?

If a company won't allow me to work due to my tattoos (slight chance of that anyway) then I wouldn't want to work for that company anyway.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »