Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Tattoos and Piercings 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Have you ever had a fake tattoo
No, but I have/have been drawn upon
Yes a henna tattoo
Yes ,a little transfer tattoo
All or some of the above three
No, never

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 Go Down Reply
Author

Tattoos and Piercings

(Read 15640 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #930 on: July 06, 2011, 02:32 PM »

If you want to work high up in retail then go for it.  I don't see the point of going to uni for a degree then into something unrelated.  English people have to pay for uni so I think its completely backward to do that.  What a waste of money.

You're right Julia, and harrods must be the only stuck up company to not allow tattooed people into there offices.  Though, if I went for a finance job at Harrods they wouldn't know about mine anyway unless I or someone else told them, so whats the big deal?

If a company won't allow me to work due to my tattoos (slight chance of that anyway) then I wouldn't want to work for that company anyway.

But how are a management degree and a job in management in retail, unrelated?

I agree about the prejudice against tattoos by the way, but we are programmed to make judgements within seconds, and tattoos seem to have negative connotations in the professional sphere.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #931 on: July 06, 2011, 02:33 PM »

But how are a management degree and a job in management in retail, unrelated?

Well thats fine then.  Thought you two was doing geography?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #932 on: July 06, 2011, 02:42 PM »

Nope, I dropped Geography after second year. I originally planned to do a Geography and Management joint honours degree, but opted to focus on Management for my honours years.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #933 on: July 06, 2011, 02:45 PM »

If you want to work high up in retail then go for it.  I don't see the point of going to uni for a degree then into something unrelated.  English people have to pay for uni so I think its completely backward to do that.  What a waste of money.

A degree is no indication of how many facts you know about your discipline, in fact most of the stuff you learn is theory based and doesn't really apply to the real world which is why people like lawyers become bankers etc.

What a degree teaches you to do is examine things more critically, be able to stand up in front of a large audience and deliver a good presentation and the understanding of how to source the best information for your work. These are key job skills which will allow you to be promoted much quicker in any organisation than those without these skills.

It really is no mistake that people with a degree STILL on average earn more.

and harrods must be the only stuck up company to not allow tattooed people into there offices. 

I very strongly doubt that.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #934 on: July 06, 2011, 02:48 PM »

Definitely. It's not so much the stuff in the textbook that gets you the job. It's the transferable skills that you learn and develop.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #935 on: July 06, 2011, 02:49 PM »

Aye well that may have been the case Julia, unfortunately its tough times at the moment and people with degrees are lucky if they get a job serving on tills let alone anything else!!

I have mates who have degrees and working in their chosen career - I wouldn't say they was living well off.

BTW, the marks on my face and arms are freckles not tattoos Julia.  I highly doubt employers would discriminate against that!!

Nope, I dropped Geography after second year. I originally planned to do a Geography and Management joint honours degree, but opted to focus on Management for my honours years.

Oh right, theres a job going at Harrods apparently Wink
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #936 on: July 06, 2011, 02:57 PM »

Aye well that may have been the case Julia, unfortunately its tough times at the moment and people with degrees are lucky if they get a job serving on tills let alone anything else!!

I have mates who have degrees and working in their chosen career - I wouldn't say they was living well off.

Sure, it's tough times for the economy and employment, better make use of the time and get a degree while there's nothing going.

BTW, the marks on my face and arms are freckles not tattoos Julia.  I highly doubt employers would discriminate against that!!

lmao  I have freckles on my nose too... usually it means no visible tattoos and you have one on your ear right? Very Happy
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #937 on: July 06, 2011, 03:01 PM »

Sure, it's tough times for the economy and employment, better make use of the time and get a degree while there's nothing going.

lmao  I have freckles on my nose too... usually it means no visible tattoos and you have one on your ear right? Very Happy

Have you seen my hair length recently? Very difficult to tie back.  And its very rare that someone should spot it.

I've always found, alot of companies are ok with discrete no offence tattoos = me good Very Happy cmon yeah

My dream is to be a tattooist one day, think I will be allowed to have tatts in that career - infact I think its positively encouraged Very Happy
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #938 on: July 06, 2011, 03:04 PM »

You shouldn't let anything hold you back... if it's truely your passion and you're prepared to work you butt off then you will succeed at it. yes
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #939 on: July 06, 2011, 03:08 PM »

Of course I will.  I working hard towards it now, unfortunately I don't have the luxery to do it yet.

So the fact I've got many tattoos doesn't matter when work is involved because I can get a job in finance still whilst working my way into tattooing.  No problem.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #940 on: July 06, 2011, 03:14 PM »

And back to topic, my new tattoo is on my thigh.  Its massive, no one hear would like it at all lol  Well, a few will - I won't clump them together with the hatred crowd Very Happy
[ Last edit by Quackers July 06, 2011, 03:22 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #941 on: July 06, 2011, 03:21 PM »

Gwan, post it up then but first...

NIGEL, GET OVER HERE, YOU GUNNA WANNA SEE THIS!

IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #942 on: July 06, 2011, 03:22 PM »

What's does the new tat look like Amy?  I like them but I'm too much of a fearty to get one  nervous my sister used to date a tattooist and she has one on her back of a rearing horse with mountains in the back ground.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #943 on: July 06, 2011, 03:25 PM »

I don't have a pic yet, isn't finished.  Its four cherubs - one for each of my nephews.  Going to have clouds around them to make it all soft and fluffy.  Its really good what I've got, taken 3 hours to do.  And they aren't cartoony cherubs.  Think of ...... Raphael sistine madonna wub

Its on my thigh was and very sensitive during and even now it twitches lol  Must be some nerve endings in there that have been tweaked.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Tattoos and Piercings « Reply #944 on: July 07, 2011, 12:53 PM »

I don't have a pic yet, isn't finished.  Its four cherubs - one for each of my nephews.  Going to have clouds around them to make it all soft and fluffy.  Its really good what I've got, taken 3 hours to do.  And they aren't cartoony cherubs.  Think of ...... Raphael sistine madonna wub

Its on my thigh was and very sensitive during and even now it twitches lol  Must be some nerve endings in there that have been tweaked.
I think that's one I might have to see to get a better idea of, is it all round the thigh or just the front or side?  How long till we can see the finished product?  I would like to get a smallish one but I just have this picture of myself running screaming from the shop as soon as the guy brings out his needle  w00t
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »