MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  The new breed of smartphones.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 40 Reply

The new breed of smartphones.

I'm with 3 so assuming I don't pay by MB, I think it will be same cost as UK while I'm in Germany.

Three charge 1.25 per MB for data roaming...
IP Logged

What's the difference between this ^ and an iPhone?

Beyond the features Mark mentions, both the N1 and Desire have a much faster CPU, which means web browsing is snappier. They have a higher resolution screen as well (2.5x the number of pixels)
IP Logged

Three charge 1.25 per MB for data roaming...
Last time I spoke to 3, they said I could use my 1gig allowance in Europe with no additional cost and I successfully did this in Italy last year.

As I previously said in my post, I'm not referring to paying per MB. If I went over my limit, then yes roaming charges would be expensive.

But anyway, I could be wrong as they might have changed this, I'll make sure to find out before I go.
IP Logged

Last time I spoke to 3, they said I could use my 1gig allownace in Europe with no additional cost.

Cool. They ought to update their support pages then!
IP Logged

Sounds like that's referring to people who don't buy an Internet allowance in advance... so when you pay per MB it's expensive. I'll ring 3 and post up.
IP Logged

iPhone is only a good phone if you jailbreak it, the camera is also pretty poor compared to the handsets of its competitors.

I'd much rather have a HTC phone that runs Android.
IP Logged

Ah bugger, just phoned 3... since I last used the Internet abroad, 3 have cancelled their '3 Like Home' service Frown

http://www.bitterwallet.com/3-like-home-3-squirm-as-customers-cancel-contracts/11990
[ Last edit by Mark April 07, 2010, 10:52 AM ] IP Logged

I just love these new smartphones ............ thanks for the info guys ....
IP Logged

So it seems I won't be using the internet abroad but at least GPS inside the phone doesn't cost money and I can download an offline GPS map application... so should still be helpful in Germany while I walk the streets like a tourist Smile
IP Logged

Oh stop ...... ^   Mr. Green  I'd really like a smartphone - I just don't need one ....and that Scottish thrift gene gets in the way of needless expenditure ....  lol unless it happens to be a new pair of killer heels with matching bag .......... Rolling Eyes
IP Logged

iPhone is only a good phone if you jailbreak it, the camera is also pretty poor compared to the handsets of its competitors.
Understatement.
IP Logged

Oh stop ...... ^   Mr. Green  I'd really like a smartphone - I just don't need one ....and that Scottish thrift gene gets in the way of needless expenditure ....  lol unless it happens to be a new pair of killer heels with matching bag .......... Rolling Eyes
Buy one, buy one!

Mark, how long before you create a mobile version of the site, or an iPhone/Touch App?...
IP Logged

Mark, how long before you create a mobile version of the site
Who needs one with all the new phones having decent internet browsers? Smile
IP Logged

Who needs one with all the new phones having decent internet browsers? Smile
Mmm I suppose, sometimes pictures are a bit dodgy on mine and I can be slow loading things...
IP Logged

This forum has a mobile version at least and from that you can see the latest news.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 40 Reply