Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The new breed of smartphones. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 40 Go Down Reply
Author

The new breed of smartphones.

(Read 17383 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #465 on: July 17, 2011, 09:09 PM »

Same version as this one, how odd.

And no, the roaming thing in status is most likely referring to its current state only. The moment you leave your network area, it may possibly start roaming.

Best thing is to simply disable 3G all together before you leave. There has to be something under 'Mobile network' that allows you to do that, like an option called 'Data enabled'. Think

EDIT: Actually, isn't there a checkbox under 'Wireless & networks' called 'Mobile network'?
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #466 on: July 17, 2011, 09:18 PM »

You should be fine if you just keep mobile network off i.e. only connect to the internet via WiFi not mobile internet. Smile  That's essentially what roaming is...
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #467 on: July 17, 2011, 09:30 PM »

Mark I've listed the options under mobile internet.

I'm just scared my phone will be contacting trying to find a connection when away from wick. I went town last night and I checked my phone for a text in a club i've struggled to get signal in in the past, and my phone was red hot!! Like it was working at something but I wasn't doing anything coz it was in my bag Think
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #468 on: July 17, 2011, 09:32 PM »

Did you notice the edit I did later? Go into the main 'Wireless & networks' menu, there should be a checkbox called 'Mobile network' or something similar. Just disable that instead. Smile
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #469 on: July 17, 2011, 09:36 PM »

There isn't.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #470 on: July 17, 2011, 09:36 PM »

That's messed up. Either ring up your manufacturer and find out wtf they have done to the user interface or just ring your network to disable roaming outside of the UK.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #471 on: July 20, 2011, 01:59 PM »

I rang up (easier!) and they've turned off my data roaming and voicemail (coz I'd get charged for those if I do or don't listen to them). They offered me a bundle but I don't actually plan on making any calls out there, couldn't give a fig about what's going on back home. So hopefully it won't cost much extra.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #472 on: July 29, 2011, 03:13 PM »

Auto-correction blunders

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2020135/iPhone-Damn-You-Auto-Correct-Smartphone-users-left-red-faced.html

http://www.cio.com/article/686849/The_Best_of_Damn_You_Autocorrect_?page=2#slideshow
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #473 on: July 29, 2011, 04:29 PM »

roflmao !!!!!!!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #474 on: February 23, 2012, 02:41 PM »

Upgrade time soon. Little tongue man

Samsung Galaxy SII on Orange for £26/month? Pretty damn good!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #475 on: February 25, 2012, 08:11 AM »

Just got a new smart phone - basic model but it's confusing the crap out of me and I have fat fingers when typing! doh retard
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #476 on: February 25, 2012, 11:14 AM »

Auto-correction blunders

lmao
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #477 on: September 12, 2012, 06:27 PM »

I see Apple's launch of the new iPhone has been an utter flop. Check our this review as an example: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19557497

Hey, Apple! Do yourself a favour and invest more money in innovation and less on your disgusting abuse of patent law.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #478 on: September 13, 2012, 08:05 AM »

People will still buy it in their droves. Because it has a wee apple logo on the back of it. And, on the face of it, it's still a great phone.

In terms of the article, the points made about the lack of innovation with iOS are very good, it has hardly changed at all.

As a consumer right now, I see that, for less money, I can get a top of the range Android handset that gives me the same experience, if not better.
[ Last edit by Sir Panda September 13, 2012, 08:09 AM ] IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #479 on: September 13, 2012, 08:09 AM »

Only just realised, they've changed their dock size for the iPhone 5. So people are going to have to fork out on accessories and cables for it. Robbing bastards.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 40 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »