Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The new breed of smartphones. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 40 Go Down Reply
Author

The new breed of smartphones.

(Read 18827 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #495 on: September 21, 2012, 02:29 AM »

True, the data costs are extremely high/allowances very low here. Also NZ does not have a 4G network and isn't likely to for at least another 2 or 3 years so some of the latest features are not available to be used here.

I do see advantages around the house as you can quickly check into Facebook or your emails or somewhere like here over your Wifi while you're on the couch without having to wait for your laptop to boot up and have it on your lap etc, and I admit I have done this with the girlfriend's smarthphone. A computer will always be preferable to type on though.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #496 on: September 21, 2012, 07:53 AM »

Since our computer is only a desktop, the itouch is great, though I do try and borrow my daughter's laptop when I can lol  It's newer, therefore faster, especially for livestreams.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #497 on: September 21, 2012, 08:00 AM »

I'm getting pissed off with this whole smartphone situation. My HTC Desire contract is finally up next month and I want a qwerty keypad on a smartphone because I hate texting with a touchscreen but I will not be buying a Failberry. Why does Samsung or HTC not cater to this?? Rubbish.

You're from the Dark Ages. Install Swype on your new phone and you'll no longer hanker for a keypad. Wink
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #498 on: September 21, 2012, 08:01 AM »

I only really text 2 people regularly, 1 of whom I now live with so barely need to text anymore anyway.

IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #499 on: September 21, 2012, 10:35 AM »

You're from the Dark Ages. Install Swype on your new phone and you'll no longer hanker for a keypad. Wink

I told you, I freaking hate Swype. I hate texting on touchscreens, full stop.

There is no Android smartphone with a physical keypad (please don't say Desire S). Pathetic.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #500 on: September 21, 2012, 10:43 AM »

I told you, I freaking hate Swype. I hate texting on touchscreens, full stop.

There is no Android smartphone with a physical keypad (please don't say Desire S). Pathetic.

Personally, I think the modern touchscreens are fantastic. I see no need for a keypad (unless you are constantly composing long e-mails, or writing a journal or something) and by the looks of Blackberry's market share, so do most people. Smile

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #501 on: September 21, 2012, 10:59 AM »

Seconded.

Swype is amazing and once you get used to it, you will never go back. Much better than having a QWERTY keyboard too.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #502 on: September 21, 2012, 11:16 AM »

I'll be getting a Samsung Ch@t at this rate.

How hard is it to whack a keyboard on the bottom of a good phone.Frown
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #503 on: September 21, 2012, 01:06 PM »

I'll be getting a Samsung Ch@t at this rate.

How hard is it to whack a keyboard on the bottom of a good phone.Frown
Try a bit of sellotape.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #504 on: September 21, 2012, 02:21 PM »

Try a bit of sellotape.

You use that to keep your crappy iPhone together?

I've never bought an Apple product, fu bitches.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #505 on: September 27, 2012, 07:33 PM »

iPhone 5 chip, and Legend of Zelda map.

* zelda map.jpg (86.72 KB, 500x251 - viewed 98 times.)

* iphone5chip.jpg (99.42 KB, 500x303 - viewed 92 times.)
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #506 on: October 05, 2012, 02:13 PM »

My Google Nexus One is starting to fall apart so thinking about phones again.

I expect my next phone will be the LG Optimus G which is an absolute beauty and is rumoured to be a Google Nexus phone.

IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #507 on: October 05, 2012, 03:11 PM »

Their display is crappy from what I hear.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #508 on: October 05, 2012, 05:03 PM »

How so?

Screen
The iPhone 5's 4-inch LED-backlit IPS TFT is a great addition. The display operates at a resolution of 640x1136 and offers up a pixel density of 326PPI – maintaining its Retina Display credentials.

The LG Optimus G features a 4.7-inch True HD-IPS+ LCD screen which operates at a resolution of 768 x 1280 and packs a pixel density of 318PPI – and the display is a marvel which is able to offer a full RGB matrix and quite astounding colour reproduction.

The screen is fronted with Corning’s Gorilla Glass too, so you won’t have to worry about the odd scrape, and Apple’s iPhone 5 is similarly well equipped with some of Corning’s special glass and an oleophobic coating.

Winner – LG Optimus G
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: The new breed of smartphones. « Reply #509 on: October 05, 2012, 05:21 PM »

Looks like a piece of brick.

yawn
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 40 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »