Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Travelling 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Travelling

(Read 7576 times)
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Travelling « Reply #105 on: November 22, 2005, 03:25 PM »

Maths is cool. Smile

My sister's going to uni next year, she's doing maths.
IP Logged
Mathlete
Junior

Travelling « Reply #106 on: November 22, 2005, 03:26 PM »

Where is your sister planning on going?
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Travelling « Reply #107 on: November 22, 2005, 03:28 PM »

She's gonna go to Chester... been accepted there. Smile
IP Logged
Mathlete
Junior

Travelling « Reply #108 on: November 22, 2005, 03:31 PM »

Hummm i'm not sure where Chester is. I'm at Portsmouth.
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Travelling « Reply #109 on: November 22, 2005, 03:33 PM »

I was born in Southampton, and lived in Portsmouth for a bit as well... so long ago though, I don't remember it at all.

Chester's up in the north west of England, near Wales. Wink
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Travelling « Reply #110 on: November 22, 2005, 03:36 PM »

I live in the North of Scotland, which has some stunning scenery. I recommend a trip up to Loch Lomond or the Cairngorms

Its sometimes the simple fact that stunning scenery is in-fact found in our backyard.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Travelling « Reply #111 on: November 22, 2005, 04:14 PM »

im doing maths at uni too.actually a joint maths and music degree at edinburgh.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Travelling « Reply #112 on: November 22, 2005, 04:32 PM »

Seems like everyone is going to or at Edinburgh here.  I have no idea where I want to go.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Travelling « Reply #113 on: November 22, 2005, 04:50 PM »

who else is going to or at edinburgh?ive not noticed anyone.what u wanting to do at uni josh?what year ru in at the moment?
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Travelling « Reply #114 on: November 22, 2005, 04:53 PM »

I'm in Year 9 but I know that Top Spin and I think Annie are wanting to go.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Travelling « Reply #115 on: November 22, 2005, 04:59 PM »

whats year 9 ie what exams are you doing?im scottish so have never understood the english way of numbering years at school.edinburgh really is a great uni.its a nice traditional uni without appearing snooty and very upperclass like the impression i got of cambridge and oxford were when i visited.its got a really friendly feel to it.its also got a great academic reputation in most subjects and the scottsih system of doing four years is good becaus you can do completely random subjects in first and second year in addition to your degree subject.only problem is some of the architecture around is pretty horrendous but then edniburgh as a city is great anyway. i could go on for hours about this so ill stop now
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Travelling « Reply #116 on: November 22, 2005, 05:00 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
I'm in Year 9 but I know that Top Spin and I think Annie are wanting to go.

goodjob We sure do want to go there! I LOVE Edingbrugh.. the people,of course the scenery ..it's closer to Dunblane than where i'm at the moment  Whistle and of course the Uni is counted as quite a good one.

Good luck iaintheviolaplayer with your degree!! Music is hard... and maths even harder.
I wanted to do music for gcse then go on to do something more serious with it but i ended up choosing PE instead  Think
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Travelling « Reply #117 on: November 22, 2005, 05:02 PM »

Quote from: "iaintheviolaplayer"
whats year 9 ie what exams are you doing?im scottish so have never understood the english way of numbering years at school.edinburgh really is a great uni.its a nice traditional uni without appearing snooty and very upperclass like the impression i got of cambridge and oxford were when i visited.its got a really friendly feel to it.its also got a great academic reputation in most subjects and the scottsih system of doing four years is good becaus you can do completely random subjects in first and second year in addition to your degree subject.only problem is some of the architecture around is pretty horrendous but then edniburgh as a city is great anyway. i could go on for hours about this so ill stop now

depends on the college you apply to at oxbridge - most of the are very friendly (although there is a fair bit of upper class snobbery around darhling)
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Travelling « Reply #118 on: November 22, 2005, 05:03 PM »

what you wanting to do at uni then?pe? personally i dont find either of them very hard but i really enjoy both of them so its fun.

btw my name is iain
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Travelling « Reply #119 on: November 22, 2005, 05:04 PM »

Year 9 means that you are 13 at the beginning of September one year ie, 2005 and are 14 by the end of August next year, ie 2006.  because my birthday is in September I am one of the oldest in my year so if I was a few weeks older then I would be in Year 10.  Those who are born in August are some of the youngest in their year.]

Hope this helps. Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »