Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Travelling 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Travelling

(Read 7015 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Travelling « Reply #120 on: November 22, 2005, 05:06 PM »

Glasgow is much better than Edinburgh......FACT!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Travelling « Reply #121 on: November 22, 2005, 05:06 PM »

Quote from: "iaintheviolaplayer"
whats year 9 ie what exams are you doing?

Well.. in short:

Year 1 - 6.. primary school. In Year 6 (11-12 year olds) take a 11+ exam to get into a senior school. (for boys there are sometimes exceptions where they have an exam at 14.. this is very rare and only at a local boys' school i know)

Year 7 - 9.. senior school. Sometimes in Year 9 you take SATS.. this is only usually done in state schools. I go to a private school so i never had to do them - honestly i don't know much about SATS.

Year 10.. (14-15 years old) you choose 10+ subjects you want to take for GCSE.

Year 11.. (15-16 years old) in June you take those 10+ subjects you chose.

Then you either start work or go to Sixth Form.. 2 years there.
Go to University at 18.. or take a Gap Year.

It's all a bit confusing but i hope you have a better idea....  :uhm:
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Travelling « Reply #122 on: November 22, 2005, 05:08 PM »

Yeah, i will have SATS in English, Science and Maths next May.  You also take SATS at the end of year 2 and year 6 in primary school.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Travelling « Reply #123 on: November 22, 2005, 05:09 PM »

Quote from: iaintheviolaplayer
what you wanting to do at uni then?pe? personally i dont find either of them very hard but i really enjoy both of them so its fun.

btw my name is iain

Well my utter dream is to possibly become a physio for GB Davis Cup Team.. ooh yea.. *dream on julia*  Whistle
I do want to do PE but i see myself going into science, maybe eye doctor.. yea sounds boring.. or possibly as a "last resort" teacher. Geography or chemistry.
[ Last edit by top_spin June 23, 2006, 09:39 PM ] IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Travelling « Reply #124 on: November 22, 2005, 05:29 PM »

Quote from: top_spin
Quote from: iaintheviolaplayer
what you wanting to do at uni then?pe? personally i dont find either of them very hard but i really enjoy both of them so its fun.

btw my name is iain

Well my utter dream is to possibly become a physio for GB Davis Cup Team.. ooh yea.. *dream on julia*  Whistle
I do want to do PE but i see myself going into science, maybe eye doctor.. yea sounds boring.. or possibly as a "last resort" teacher. Geography or chemistry.

i was going to do P.E for G.C.S.E but i am not interested in doing sport as a career, however it is one of my fav subjects. instead i took german, french, geography,RS and was forced by the school to take ICT(possibly the most boring subject at school!) pullhair
[ Last edit by top_spin June 23, 2006, 09:39 PM ] IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Travelling « Reply #125 on: November 22, 2005, 05:32 PM »

At least in IT there are computers with internet to go on MW and see latest Andy things. Whistle
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Travelling « Reply #126 on: November 22, 2005, 05:34 PM »

well i went and visited churchill while i was applying and although it was really friendly there was definitely too much snobbery and tradition for me howeever little there was.just didnt suit me i suppose and you cant really say that theres none of it.thanks for the explanation of the years.prob makes more sense than the scottish system primary 1-7 and secondary 1-6 but had never really understood it before.would have to agree that vglasgow is a better city as that is where i have stayed my whole life until i moved to uni but i def think edinburgh uni is better for most things(even if it wasnt i wouldnt admit it would i?)
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Travelling « Reply #127 on: November 22, 2005, 05:36 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
At least in IT there are computers with internet to go on MW and see latest Andy things. Whistle

Depends if you have school Moderators patrolling your every internet move.  ranting
I don't even attempt to come onto the forums at school... Frown
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Travelling « Reply #128 on: November 22, 2005, 05:36 PM »

our teacher is like a hawk! just because people were listening to music, she decided to cut all the headphone wires, so now they dont work!!!! shocking  so thats the end of listening to music in class!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Travelling « Reply #129 on: November 22, 2005, 05:38 PM »

I don't go on the forums but am able to sneak a glance at the ATP website if Andy has played that day.  Sometimes there are too many of us at once for example today over half the class immediately went on to find the cricket score as soon as they logged in.
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Travelling « Reply #130 on: November 22, 2005, 05:40 PM »

I have a friend in America who is always online in class... not supposed to be, but her school is stupid and she isn't, so they can't really do much. Wink
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Travelling « Reply #131 on: November 22, 2005, 05:40 PM »

i feel very sorry for you all.the most moderating i have now is whatever restrictions theyve put on the uni network and unless your downloading huge files theres not many of them.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Travelling « Reply #132 on: November 22, 2005, 05:42 PM »

I don't go on the forums but am able to sneak a glance at the ATP website if he has played that day.  Sometimes there are too many of us at once for example today over half the class immediately went on to find the cricket score as soon as they loged in.

hahaa! We always get these sorts of things.. like when Wimbly's on, there's huge traffic in the IT room  :P ICT teacher thinks he's suddenly become all popular.. and then the system crashes  pullhair
As for the ATP website.. yea, it's easy to have a peak - the word processor document window is big enough to hide Internet Explorer! hehe  devil
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Travelling « Reply #133 on: November 22, 2005, 05:44 PM »

Quote from: "iaintheviolaplayer"
i feel very sorry for you all.the most moderating i have now is whatever restrictions theyve put on the uni network and unless your downloading huge files theres not many of them.

Aww!  hug What's worse.. at my school the Google Images is restricted.  ranting
I mean what in the WORLD do they think we look up on Google Images. Teachers are sometimes a bit nutty.. of course Hullahoop's an acception!  goodjob
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Travelling « Reply #134 on: November 22, 2005, 07:38 PM »

There's not to many fans of tennis in my form so its normally only me on the Grand slam sites.  Others do come and look at my screen though, but why can't they do it themselves?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »