Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  TV 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

TV

(Read 4337 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

TV « on: November 02, 2005, 01:56 PM »

Tally mentioned we should have a TV thread! (totally agree) ..otherwise there would be constant haunting and off topic talk in the film thread!  [-X

One Tree Hill, OC, Eastenders, Match Of The Day, Countdown, What Not To Wear.. this is the place!  Very Happy And i think News At 10 gossip is accepted!  :P
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

TV « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 02:01 PM »

Don't watch too much Telly (too busy watching tennis and posting on MW), but would make time for the following:

Little Britain
Will & Grace
The Catherine Tait Show (am I bovvered?)
Casualty
Re-runs of 'The Golden Girls'

Very Happy
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

TV « Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 02:07 PM »

Love all sorts of crime and mysteries, CSI, CSI Miami and CSI New York, Casualty and Holby City, The 4400, Lost, Stargate Atlantis, all soaps, Diagnosis Murder, Murder She Wrote, I am a complete telly addict and a very sad person I need to get a life, I don't like things like Little Britain, Dads Army, The Office and Monty Python. 8)
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

TV « Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 02:14 PM »

Lost
The Amazing Race
Strictly Come Dancing
The X Factor

And practically every docusoap or proper documentary going. (except for Natural History...that bores me, no idea why) Smile

Plus as much tennis (male) as I can get.  8)
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

TV « Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 02:26 PM »

24: Best TV I've ever seen, EVER. I get withdrawal symptoms when waiting for the next season.

Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis: Seen every episode of SG1, which is now on season 9 and the spin-off series Atlantis is really good as well.

Lost: Loved the character development but the cliff hangers got a bit irritating at times. I've been watching season 2 and I'm glad to say it is as good as season 1.

SouthPark: This is the only TV show that makes me laugh out loud a lot and I love how they can be so controversial and get away with it.

Family Guy: Doesn't make me 'lol' much but is still good and I like the main characters, what a  ridiculous family. Not sure if this is aired in the UK much but for those of you who don't know much about it. The show is very similar to Simpsons but I think it's funnier and more daring with the humour.

Scrubs: I love the character with the huge ego!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

TV « Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 03:10 PM »

seems all you guys are into Sci Fi and murder mysteries!  Very Happy

One Tree Hill: the second series better than the first.. even though it's a "teen drama" i think it's one of the best around (my mum watches a couple episodes sometimes) Good actors and good story lines. And basket ball is involved which gives it some points!  :P

Spooks: Some of the best TV i've seen for ages! loved everything about it, the characters and the content is great!

Match Of The Day: I understand it's like Soccer AM  Rolling Eyes but a must see program if you have no time to see the matches in full.. Gary Linekier is a legend!  Smile

24 + Lost.. wish i had watched from the start, but i didn't and i have absolutely no idea what's going on. All my friends say both of them are amazing, and sounds like you guys are conveying the same thing!

Emmerdale and Easternders: Yea ok.. soaps, not exactly exciting but i cant stop myself having a peak at what goes on once or twice a week!  Smile Eastenders been better than usual this year.. Phil and Grant came back  :twisted:

Otherwise don't watch much TV at all, unless it's tennis.. but that's never.. during Wimbledon i get flooded with tennis because i have Sky Box access to view all the matches on all the courts which gets annoying because too many excellent matches going on at the same time - those two weeks of Wimbly are seventh heaven! so i count myself lucky  Very Happy Try to get most highlights from clips on the computer.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

TV « Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 03:33 PM »

SPOOKS!! i love that show - im missing it now im at uni Frown best tv ever - and adam carter? er...yes please!! drool

also, One Tree Hill (oh my god!! so good, so very very good)
ER
Scrubs
Neighbours (because i am a student!)
QI and have i got news for you - heehee so funny! also university challenge....love it!!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

TV « Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 03:33 PM »

Is Spooks similer to 24 at all? I've never really watched a full episode, but I might do if its like 24 which it seems to look like anyway.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

TV « Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 03:34 PM »

Quote from: "Mark"
Is Spooks similer to 24 at all? I've never really watched a full episode, but I might do if its like 24 which it seems to look like anyway.

its very spy like!! this series has begun to push it a bit - sometimes its a bit too close to reality, which sometimes works and sometimes doesnt...i recommend all four series though - fantastic fantastic stuff Very Happy
IP Logged
kevster6969
Junior

TV « Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 03:54 PM »

Have to say ive a very wide range of programmes i watch, details as follows :-

Smallville : always been a fan of superman comics when i was younger and have watched all the superman films (Christopher Reeve was a legend and will be missed) also louis & clark so smallville was always going to be a must watch

Stargate & Stargate Atlantis - im a huge fan of Sci-fi so these two are a must see for me

Lost - i watched the first episode and have been hooked since, im intrigued to find out the story behind the island

Cold Case : this is a great series and the only murder / mystery series i watch but great viewing

Weeds : This is just a brilliantly written series, with a widower turning to selling weed  to make ends meet, and knowing some people around me this is just about spot on regarding the life of "social smokers" lol.

Most Haunted : Series that looks at investigating haunted places (watch cause its wifes fav but great for a laugh)

Anything revolving round tennis, football & factual programmes (discovery channel etc etc.)
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

TV « Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 04:17 PM »

Quote from: "eira_arian"
Quote from: "Mark"

its very spy like!! this series has begun to push it a bit - sometimes its a bit too close to reality, which sometimes works and sometimes doesnt...i recommend all four series though - fantastic fantastic stuff Very Happy

absolutley!! it's excellent stuff.. and i think the reality issue - personally they couldn't have done it any better, because it's one of the few series where anything actually makes sense.. unlike in some where the events are just ridiculous!
the spy like side to it.. nothing can ever be to by mysterious and spy like for me, personally!  Smile amazing TV!
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

TV « Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 04:24 PM »

Quote from: "KitKat"
Love all sorts of crime and mysteries, CSI, CSI Miami and CSI New York

I watch them also but i have been watching Numb3rs alot. Also watch Without A Trace,
Sundays are good during the day on abc1 for comedies.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

TV « Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 04:35 PM »

I basically watch what ever sport is on, except golf and water sports.  Only 'programme' I used to watch was Doctor Who but that finished.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

TV « Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 08:33 PM »

Spooks is like 24? Really?

I've never watched it, but I think 24 is so great that I'm more than curious to watch something in the same genre. Smile

The last Dr Who was the best ever. I just cant imagine David Tennant being in the same league as Christopher Ecclestone.

He was wonderful.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

TV « Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 09:13 PM »

Quote from: "Tally"
Spooks is like 24? Really?

I've never watched it, but I think 24 is so great that I'm more than curious to watch something in the same genre. Smile

The last Dr Who was the best ever. I just cant imagine David Tennant being in the same league as Christopher Ecclestone.

He was wonderful.

I probably won't watch Dr Who now - won't be the same - Chris Ecclestone left some very large boots to fill.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »