Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  UFOs & Aliens from outer space 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Reply
Author

UFOs & Aliens from outer space

(Read 5235 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

UFOs & Aliens from outer space « on: August 06, 2010, 05:23 AM »

'Mile-wide UFO' spotted by British airline pilot  [London Evening Standard, 22 June 2007]
One of the largest UFOs ever seen has been observed by the crew and passengers of an airliner over the Channel Islands.

Aurigny Airlines captain Ray Bowyer, 50, described what he thought to be a UFO as 'a cigar-shaped brilliant white light'.  As the plane got closer the captain viewed it through binoculars and said: "It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area.  It was 2,000ft up and stationary. I thought it was about 10 miles away, although I later realised it was approximately 40 miles from us. At first, I thought it was the size of a [Boeing] 737.  But it must have been much bigger because of how far away it was. It could have been as much as a mile wide."

Continuing his approach to Guernsey, Bowyer then spied a "second identical object further to the west".  He said: "It was exactly the same but looked smaller because it was further away. It was closer to Guernsey. I can't explain it. This was clearly visual for about nine minutes.  I'm certainly not saying that it was something of another world. All I'm saying is that I have never seen anything like it before in all my years of flying."

The sightings were confirmed by passengers Kate and John Russell. John, 74, said: "I saw an orange light. It was like an elongated oval."  The sightings were also confirmed by an unnamed pilot with the Blue Islands airline.   The Civil Aviation Authority safety notice states that a Tri-Lander aircraft flying close to Alderney spotted the object.

In addition to innumerable other sightings of UFOs since WW2, about which the MoD has until recently kept very quiet, there have been stories of people having seen or encountered aliens from outer space, some even claiming to having been temporarily abducted by them, and strange geometrical "crop circles" which appear from time to time but which defy rational explanation.

With so much evidence, is our planet being targeted by alien life-forms? 

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 07:46 AM »

I just have to look at the night sky here Aileen (not as much light polution, therefore can see more stars clearly) and I think to myself, how can there not be life out there, with all those stars in the sky?  It's a vast space out there search
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 07:58 AM »

I agree with that Bev and if you read George's thoughts on parallel universes, I'd assume he might believe it too.  We'll have to ask him.

Additionally Aileen, it is being said that Winston Churchill ordered a coverup ....

Churchill Ordered UFO Coverup, Documents Suggest

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/08/05/churchill-ordered-ufo-cover-up/?test=latestnews
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 08:29 AM »

I still believe (well sort of) that I saw a UFO when I was a child in my primary school playground.  It passed over Manchester and was the headline in the Manchester Evening News that evening.  I guess there was a rational explanation for it but I like to think it was a UFO. Whistle
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:33 AM »

'Mile-wide UFO' spotted by British airline pilot  [London Evening Standard, 22 June 2007]
One of the largest UFOs ever seen has been observed by the crew and passengers of an airliner over the Channel Islands.

Aurigny Airlines captain Ray Bowyer, 50, described what he thought to be a UFO as 'a cigar-shaped brilliant white light'.  As the plane got closer the captain viewed it through binoculars and said: "It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area.  It was 2,000ft up and stationary. I thought it was about 10 miles away, although I later realised it was approximately 40 miles from us. At first, I thought it was the size of a [Boeing] 737.  But it must have been much bigger because of how far away it was. It could have been as much as a mile wide."

Continuing his approach to Guernsey, Bowyer then spied a "second identical object further to the west".  He said: "It was exactly the same but looked smaller because it was further away. It was closer to Guernsey. I can't explain it. This was clearly visual for about nine minutes.  I'm certainly not saying that it was something of another world. All I'm saying is that I have never seen anything like it before in all my years of flying."

The sightings were confirmed by passengers Kate and John Russell. John, 74, said: "I saw an orange light. It was like an elongated oval."  The sightings were also confirmed by an unnamed pilot with the Blue Islands airline.   The Civil Aviation Authority safety notice states that a Tri-Lander aircraft flying close to Alderney spotted the object.

In addition to innumerable other sightings of UFOs since WW2, about which the MoD has until recently kept very quiet, there have been stories of people having seen or encountered aliens from outer space, some even claiming to having been temporarily abducted by them, and strange geometrical "crop circles" which appear from time to time but which defy rational explanation.

With so much evidence, is our planet being targeted by alien life-forms? 

Great.  Now it would be nice if they give us a technological transfer/boost e.g. teleportation, weather control, crop control, warp drive, ...  lol
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 08:41 AM »

Did anyone see this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289830/

It was re-run a couple of years ago and that was the first time I had seen it .... I just loved it!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 10:02 AM »

If I had to choose, I'd probably side with there being aliens. It's also interesting that Richard Dawkins, a scientist of exceptional calibre, also believes the same based on his understanding of the universe.

However, I think the vast vast majority of UFO sighting can be explained as something other than extraterrestrial.
[ Last edit by Mark August 06, 2010, 10:10 AM ] IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 10:05 AM »

If I had to choose, I'd probably side with there being aliens. It also interesting that a scientist like Richard Dawkins also believes the same based on his understanding of the universe.

However, I think the vast vast majority of UFO sighting can be explained as something other than extraterrestrial.

I'm inclined to agree with that ...  as, I suspect that the advanced technology (as we would view it) that enables another life form to travel vast distances and visit us here would have made their presence felt.  UNLESS of course you believe MIB who state that they are already here ....(just love that movie).

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 10:30 AM »

If I had to choose, I'd probably side with there being aliens. It's also interesting that Richard Dawkins, a scientist of exceptional calibre, also believes the same based on his understanding of the universe.

Interesting that Dawkins says that - didn't know that.  I agree re majority of sightings.  Indeed there could be life out there without any being have entered here.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 10:31 AM »

Interesting that Dawkins says that - didn't know that. 
Not sure if he says it very publicly but when he was in some convention, some guy asked him if he believed in aliens and if my memory serves me, he said yes and explained why based on the universe and probability.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 10:45 AM »

Not sure if he says it very publicly but when he was in some convention, some guy asked him if he believed in aliens and if my memory serves me, he said yes and explained why based on the universe and probability.

THE aliens are out there and Earth had better watch out, at least according to Stephen Hawking. He has suggested that extraterrestrials are almost certain to exist — but that instead of seeking them out, humanity should be doing all it that can to avoid any contact.

The suggestions come in a new documentary series in which Hawking, one of the world’s leading scientists, will set out his latest thinking on some of the universe’s greatest mysteries.

Alien life, he will suggest, is almost certain to exist in many other parts of the universe: not just in planets, but perhaps in the centre of stars or even floating in interplanetary space.

Hawking’s logic on aliens is, for him, unusually simple. The universe, he points out, has 100 billion galaxies, each containing hundreds of millions of stars. In such a big place, Earth is unlikely to be the only planet where life has evolved.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/space/article7107207.ece
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 11:06 AM »

It's great people can no longer be mocked for believing in aliens thanks to these scientists Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 03:28 PM »

I think it would be terribly arrogant of us to think we are the only life form that exists.  At the end of the day, we are little fish in a big, big pond.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 03:58 PM »

Where's George  ... bet he has a point of view about all this. 

Maybe he is working on his next chapter of Elizabeth Gwen ...... more revelations ... are we ready ... nervous
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 04:11 PM »

I agree with that Bev and if you read George's thoughts on parallel universes, I'd assume he might believe it too.  We'll have to ask him.

Additionally Aileen, it is being said that Winston Churchill ordered a coverup ....

Churchill Ordered UFO Coverup, Documents Suggest

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/08/05/churchill-ordered-ufo-cover-up/?test=latestnews
Thanks Daisy.  It was that news item which gave me the idea for this thread.  Interesting though that Churchill was concerned that not only would the news cause mass panic but would "destroy one's belief in the church".

What Stephen Hawking has to say is acceptable to me, and also quite scary.  Until now the perceived idea of an alien life-form has been a humanoid green or brown figure.  I suppose that's possible, but what seems much more probable is that we have really no idea what form these aliens will take.

Ray Bowyer was an airline captain, not the sort of person who would have an over-active imagination, and who must have seen plenty of strange things in the sky, not just other flying aircraft but atmospheric phenoma caused by light and cloud patterns.  Of course the MoD kept UFO reports under wraps because the truth is that there was a lot of secret experimental stuff going on, especially during the Cold War, and it was only after this incident that they agreed to make their X-files more open to the public

The only inexplicable thing I've ever seen was when I was living in a top-floor flat in Edinburgh which had a panoramic view of the Firth of Forth and the Fife coast.  I was obviously used to seeing ships of various types, but one night I saw a brightly-lit triangular object travelling from left to right at very great speed towards the Forth estuary.  It seemed to be close to the opposite coast-line and I realised it was actually moving above the surface of the water.  It was in my sight for only a few seconds.  So ... Think  

IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »