Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  UFOs & Aliens from outer space 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Reply
Author

UFOs & Aliens from outer space

(Read 5621 times)
asimov
Satellite Level

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 05:45 PM »

While I believe there must be other inhabited planets and maybe even several different universes (the multi-verses), I don’t think for one second that any aliens have ever visited this planet, other than maybe microorganisms at some time in the past. Given that 1% of the human population suffers from schizophrenia  at some time in their lives I am not surprised that many people report seeing space ships or even experiencing alien abductions and for that matter seeing ghosts etc. There is more chance of Andy wining a Wimbledon, than there is of an alien dropping in for tea and that gives you an idea of how unlikely this is.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 06:36 PM »

While I believe there must be other inhabited planets and maybe even several different universes (the multi-verses), I don’t think for one second that any aliens have ever visited this planet, other than maybe microorganisms at some time in the past. Given that 1% of the human population suffers from schizophrenia  at some time in their lives I am not surprised that many people report seeing space ships or even experiencing alien abductions and for that matter seeing ghosts etc. There is more chance of Andy wining a Wimbledon, than there is of an alien dropping in for tea and that gives you an idea of how unlikely this is.
You seem to be inferring that Captain Bowyers was suffering from a serious mental condition, which, if it was true, means he would be extremely unlikely to be in the job he was doing.

Another story which gained a great deal of credence was the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident which occurred in December1980.  The people involved were USAF personnel, some highly ranked, all of whom could not possibly have been schzophrenics or in any way delusional.

Rendlesham Forest / Bentwaters

The Rendlesham Forest case is undoubtedly one of the best documented and most significant military encounters with a UFO. It is also very credible incident. The incident spanned four days in 1980. Rendlesham Forest is a large pine forest, east of Ipswich, in Suffolk, England. Nearby are the twin NATO air bases, RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge; at the time both bases were being leased to the United States Air Force. Several UFO incidents, including multiple-witness sightings by military personnel, ground traces, and radioactive anomalies were reported from Rendlesham forest. According to USAF security patrolmen on duty, "the object was described as being metallic in apperance and triangular in shape, approx. 2-3 meters across the base... it illuminated the entire forest with a white light, and had a pulsing red light on top and a bank(s) of blue lights underneath." In November, 2002, the British Ministry of Defense released the "Rendlesham File" of documents related to and confirming the Rendlesham Forest incident.

The incident, of course, had its sceptics, and The News of the World commented in an article years later -

Coming to a forest near you...

UFOs and aliens were very much in the air in December 1980. Earlier that month the Special Edition of Close Encounters of the Third Kind was showing at the Gaumont cinema in Ipswich, the nearest major town to Woodbridge where many of the airmen lived, while the ABC cinema in the same town was showing Hangar 18, a science fiction film designed to feed the belief in crashed UFOs and government cover-ups. Before the month was out a real-life UFO encounter was to play itself out in Rendlesham Forest, provoking fresh claims of conspiracy and cover-up.

The following is a full account of the incident, which has been described as "Britain's Roswell", a UFO crash in the US in 1947 from which bodies of aliens were allegedly removed.  Both cases were also much photographed.  The report is very long but it does contain an audio tape (with transcipt) of a conversation between two USAF investigators - http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicrend.html
[ Last edit by Aileen August 06, 2010, 07:05 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 06:39 AM »

Aileen, I suppose you heard about the latest batch of UFO files released yesterday? The Rendelsham files are all missing!! No surprise there then!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 01:09 PM »

Aileen, I suppose you heard about the latest batch of UFO files released yesterday? The Rendelsham files are all missing!! No surprise there then!
Wouldn't surprise me, but there seems to be a contradiction here.  Can't remember my source now, it was so long ago, but it was obviously American (spelling of 'Defense')  and may have been inaccurate? Think:

Quote from previous post - "In November, 2002, the British Ministry of Defense released the "Rendlesham File" of documents related to and confirming the Rendlesham Forest incident."

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 02:45 PM »

Yes Aileen, they were not due for release until now and we're told they are missing, as are some others! Rendelsham was the biggest ufo incident [as far as we know] that ever happened in Britain. They are treating us like idiots as usual. The case was really well documented but, was another coverup! The witnesses were warned not to speak about it [of course], but, they have now come forward and given there stories. The major ones at least! It's all available on the net. The powers that be could never have allowed those files to be released, as they would have been shown to be the liars that they are.  ......... Yes, I've seen a few things myself, but as I don't have much time today, I'll tell you about the one my mother saw. This happened  in 1959/60. It was a lovely cloudless summer day and she was walking to the local shops with my brother who was then a toddler in a pushchair. She had to pass a bus 'terminus' [really just a place where the busses would turn around to head back into the city], which was in front of an old folks home which was fronted by a garden and a little stone wall. The busses had to wait there until it was their time to go, and if the weather was nice, the drivers and conducters [remember them?] would sit outside on the wall and have a cup of tea. As my mum approached, there were 2 or 3 buses there and the crews were outside and they were all stood  gazing up at the sky.So of course my mum looked up, [as you do], to see what was so interesting, and saw to her amazement, a huge silver disc in the sky........just sitting there! They all stood there together for several minutes until the craft started to move straight up, without making a sound until it was out of sight.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 03:15 PM »

^ I love all this stuff.  Let's face it - we'd be awfully arrogant if we believed we're the only beings out there in the universe.  There are bound to be more other life forms in such a big space.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 02:06 AM »

^ I love all this stuff.  Let's face it - we'd be awfully arrogant if we believed we're the only beings out there in the universe.  There are bound to be more other life forms in such a big space.
My question is - if they're 'intelligent' why the heck do they keep visiting this pathetic planet? Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 09:12 AM »

My question is - if they're 'intelligent' why the heck do they keep visiting this pathetic planet? Smile
There are lots of different alien races, with different 'agendas'.......some good and maybe others, not so good. We already know that at least some of them are concerned about our nuclear weapons and have been known to disarm them. They are also known to keep a close eye on our space expeditions and our astronauts have all been witness to this, but were not allowed to talk about it, however, a few of the retired astronauts have now come forward. This has happened lots of times. If we should have a nuclear war, there would also be repercussions in outer space. Aileen, you should research this. Look for Edgar Mitchell and Buzz Aldrin to start. See some of the NASA videos. They airbrush everything these days,but there are loads out there.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 09:15 AM »

There were even ufos 'parked' on the moon waiting for us when we arrived! yes
[ Last edit by Caz March 07, 2011, 09:32 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 12:04 PM »

It's recently been announced that scientists believe there is 'another' universe.......maybe more than one! I'm not talking 'galaxys' here, we already know there are billions of those.....but a whole new universe? WOW!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 01:09 PM »

It's recently been announced that scientists believe there is 'another' universe.......maybe more than one! I'm not talking 'galaxys' here, we already know there are billions of those.....but a whole new universe? WOW!
Does it not just make you feel like a total insignificant?  I mean, there must be so much more than our lives out there.  I find it fascinating and very exciting.  yes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 07:39 AM »

I saw 3 ufos live on CNN news above the White House when I was watching tv in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep! This was around the time of the Obama elections. The guy was chatting away with no idea what was going on behind him. I sooo wanted him to turn around and look out the window. I felt I was the only person in the world who was seeing this and wanted to leap out of bed and phone someone.......but who? It didn't matter though, as they showed the clip on the news later in the day, and pointed out the FOUR bright lights. One of them had been so near the tip of the flagpole, that I hadn't noticed it the first time ! I managed to see the clip again just once on the net,but, haven't been able to find it since. All I could find was the old '50s' sighting! Did any of you guys see this!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 08:01 AM »

Rendelsham was the biggest ufo incident [as far as we know] that ever happened in Britain.

I'm open-minded about this subject, but Rendelsham was exposed as a hoax. A military policeman was shining his car lights into the sky.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 08:38 AM »

C'mon Nigel.....stop yanking my chain!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: UFOs & Aliens from outer space « Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 10:52 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/east/series3/rendlesham_ufos.shtml
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »