Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  US to attack Iran? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Reply
Author

US to attack Iran?

(Read 9178 times)
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 01:15 AM »

that is WRONG... democracy is a step backward.... because you always end up electing stupid people........ and the people themselves are stupid aswell... there arent even smarts to tip the balance.
IP Logged
Iain
Futures Level

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 01:16 AM »

this is really dumb... why does th US believe they are the only ones allowed to have nukes?

It's not dumb at all. I totally agree. Who sets the law? The UN security council where every member has a veto. After all, US is the only country to have used them.
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 01:20 AM »

how is it not dumb? USA feels so fraking high and mighty when they are really the biggest problem causers on the planet....
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 01:20 AM »

Ok, thinking about it, on principle I agree that not every country should have nuclear weapons. I'm sure everyone else thinks the same. And yes, it's probably sensible that a superpower e.g. or rather i.e. the US has them for world defence. Rolling Eyes The problem is that the US then see themselves as having the right to go storming into every country that might possibly have wmd's. Hmmm.
Frankly, after Iraq, the US has very little credbility in my eyes regarding international relations. Because I believe that something needed to be done, but I don't support how they did it and I certainly don't support the mess that Iraq is in now.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 09:31 AM »

I don't know what to think of it anymore. As long as nothing happens too close to my country, I'm glad. It's selfish, but if you start worrying about everything else, you don't have a life left.
It has become so long and complicated...
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 02:28 PM »

I don't know what to think of it anymore. As long as nothing happens too close to my country, I'm glad. It's selfish, but if you start worrying about everything else, you don't have a life left.
It has become so long and complicated...

Some people find it hard to ignore when a super power decides to commit mass murder of innocent children but whatever helps you sleep at night Wink
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 02:29 PM »

Some people find it hard to ignore when a super power decides to commit mass murder of innocent children but whatever helps you sleep at night Wink
That's a bit overly emotive don't you think?

If you want 'mass murder of innocent children' look at Darfur.
Look back to Rwanda, where the global community did NOTHING to stop the killings.
Look back to Bosnia and the conflict in the Balkans.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 02:31 PM »

I won't lose my sleep over it. Why? Doesn't help.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 02:32 PM »

That's a bit overly emotive don't you think?

Maybe but considering I believe America are doing it just for oil then when they decide to bomb an area they know have innocents living then I see it as murder.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #24 on: September 25, 2006, 02:33 PM »

Yes, it's killing civilians, but it's not 'the mass murder of innocent children' - that implies intent just to kill children for the sake of killing them.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 02:35 PM »

Yes, it's killing civilians, but it's not 'the mass murder of innocent children' - that implies intent just to kill children for the sake of killing them.

I don't think it has to mean "just for the sake of killing them" - if innocent children are an obstacle and they destroy them to move to the next objective then I see that as murder. And with the figures on Iraq, mass murder.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 02:40 PM »

Personally, I think you're being overly subjective. But that's your opinion and I respect it, so I won't challenge it anymore.
IP Logged
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #27 on: September 25, 2006, 03:20 PM »

Can't see it happening MArk.... The US will have a hard enough time persuading it's allies there's a valid reason to attack. Iran's Ahmedinijad has just been on a charm offensive at the UN in New York, saying that they don't need nuclear weapons, just nuclear power...and considering they've taken this long to get the 4% enrichment to achieve nuclear power for heat/light, it could take them decades to get the over 80% required for nuclear fission... I think the argument is whether Iran should be allowed  self-determination to have their own nucear capablilty without the US's intervention.... it's obvious the US don't want this to happen.
IP Logged
Iain
Futures Level

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #28 on: September 25, 2006, 04:03 PM »

how is it not dumb? USA feels so fraking high and mighty when they are really the biggest problem causers on the planet....

I was trying to pay you a compliment David by saying your point wasn't dumb at all.
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: US to attack Iran « Reply #29 on: September 25, 2006, 10:12 PM »

I was trying to pay you a compliment David by saying your point wasn't dumb at all.

oh... you're post was a touch confusing... cheers mate...

if i know anything about military strategy i know this... its better to beat the enemy down sooner rather than later... overwhelming force to start and they just might say, "whoa hold on a sec..." but military tactics are still not where they should be...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »