Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Want any help? This is the thread for you. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Want any help? This is the thread for you.

(Read 6091 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 08:02 AM »

I'd like to suggest that you die your hair falls blonde and send some to me because I'm getting a little thin on top. Very Happy  old   My hairdresser says it isn't that I'm going bald or anything, just that my own hair is a finer than it used to be (which is true), but I'm still not entirely convinced that he isn't just try to be nice!

lol But I'm just 14 Ail, it is falling like hell now...by the time I get to your age, I'll be bald!!! Frown

Seriously though - have you spoken to your own hairdresser about this?

Believe me, I've tried everything possible-
1. Washing my hair with baby shampoo.
2. Not using a conditioner.
3. Herbal oil.
4. Used some stupid, stinking home made oil made by my aunt.
5. Eating too much of almonds.
6. Consulted a doctor and had a weird scan taken on my scalp. He suggested some oil which didnt suit me and had to be stopped after a while.

I'm thinking of a hair transplant now or maybe just buy a wig Think

Hmm....maybe I should ask Veronica for some suggestions...

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 10:28 AM »

http://uk.planethealth.com.au/Our-Products/Qsilica/Qsilica-(1).aspx?view=list

Not sure if you have this product where you are. Maybe something similar. Hopefully you are drinking plenty of water. Water is great for skin and hair.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #32 on: February 18, 2013, 04:25 PM »

When in doubt, just ask people here. Or you could even ask people here for suggestions..Feel free to ask for anything in this thread...

Actually, I need a bit of help right now :P

What is the best way to stop hair fall? I'm just 14 and my hair falls like hell...they are really soft, black and silky but are falling at an alarming rate. I use a herbal oil right now but see no big difference.
Would like some suggestions from you Smile
Zarfeen......It's normal for women to lose about 40 hairs a day. Do you think you are losing more than this? Have you tried counting them? If your hair is long, then that amount could seem like more! There are many things that can cause hairloss and one of them is a shortage of iron in the blood. Did the doctor do a blood test to check in case you have anemia? 
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 05:08 PM »

http://uk.planethealth.com.au/Our-Products/Qsilica/Qsilica-(1).aspx?view=list

Not sure if you have this product where you are. Maybe something similar. Hopefully you are drinking plenty of water. Water is great for skin and hair.

Hmm, the product seems very tempting but dont think it will be available here....
And as for water, I dont actually drink too much...so I'll work on that. Thanks for the advice Bev:)
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #34 on: February 18, 2013, 06:00 PM »

Zarfeen......It's normal for women to lose about 40 hairs a day. Do you think you are losing more than this? Have you tried counting them? If your hair is long, then that amount could seem like more! There are many things that can cause hairloss and one of them is a shortage of iron in the blood. Did the doctor do a blood test to check in case you have anemia? 

I must be losing around 30- 40 per day...Hmm, maybe I should have a blood test..
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #35 on: February 18, 2013, 06:04 PM »

I must be losing around 30- 40 per day...Hmm, maybe I should have a blood test..
Doesn't sound too extreme, but maybe having that blood test will help to alleviate your anxiety and put your mind at rest.  If you don't think it seems the norm for you - better to get it checked and err on the side of caution. 
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #36 on: February 18, 2013, 06:08 PM »

No......No need! If you are only losing around 40 a day, that's perfectly normal!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #37 on: February 18, 2013, 06:10 PM »

Oops! You and I posted at the same time Elly!  w00t
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #38 on: February 18, 2013, 06:13 PM »

Oops! You and I posted at the same time Elly!  w00t
Hehe - we did.  Very Happy 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #39 on: February 18, 2013, 06:58 PM »

And as for water, I dont actually drink too much...so I'll work on that. Thanks for the advice Bev:)
Drinking more water should be beneficial anyway Zarfeen.  Most of us don't drink enough apparently.  Two litres is the recommended amount, drunk either on its own or as coffee, tea, or with fruit squash.  For some reason I dislike the taste of plain water, even the natural stuff that comes out of springs, so go for coffee and squash.  If you do drink squash though get the sugar-free variety if you can because too much sugar is bad for you as well.

I don't see any harm in you being tested for anaemia because women of child-bearing age are a bit prone to it due to menstruation.

EDIT:  It occurred to me, thanks to a TV programme I was watching, that maybe your hair loss could be stress related if you're worrying about school or exams, or even because you've been ill recently - I think you said you'd had chickenpox?
[ Last edit by Aileen February 19, 2013, 03:44 AM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #40 on: February 19, 2013, 04:44 AM »

No......No need! If you are only losing around 40 a day, that's perfectly normal!  Very Happy

Hmmm, it doesn't seem so normal, but if you say so....thanks for the help, Caz Smile

Doesn't sound too extreme, but maybe having that blood test will help to alleviate your anxiety and put your mind at rest.  If you don't think it seems the norm for you - better to get it checked and err on the side of caution. 

Um, I hate injections blush ....so if Caz says that it is normal, then there is no need of a blood test w00t
Though I would prefer to take one...but thanks for the help too, Elly Smile
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #41 on: February 19, 2013, 04:48 AM »

Drinking more water should be beneficial anyway Zarfeen.  Most of us don't drink enough apparently.  Two litres is the recommended amount, drunk either on its own or as coffee, tea, or with fruit squash.  For some reason I dislike the taste of plain water, even the natural stuff that comes out of springs, so go for coffee and squash.  If you do drink squash though get the sugar-free variety if you can because too much sugar is bad for you as well.

Yeah, I should start drinking more water...I hardly drink a litre per day. So, I'm gonna start working on that. Smile

EDIT:  It occurred to me, thanks to a TV programme I was watching, that maybe your hair loss could be stress related if you're worrying about school or exams, or even because you've been ill recently - I think you said you'd had chickenpox?

Yup, I had chicken pox during the US open time...it is possible that it is because of that cuz hair fall started mainly around that time, actually a bit before but still...

It is not due to the exam stress, that I'm sure of Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #42 on: February 19, 2013, 05:04 AM »

^ I'm glad it's not due to exam stress Zarfeen, but I'd have thought that any post-viral hair loss would have stopped by now.

Anyway I really think you should stop worrying about it.  As Caz says, it's normal, although I don't recall it happening to me, but maybe I just never noticed because I've always had short, fair hair.   If it makes you feel better I googled it, and teenagers and young adults have on average about 100,000 hairs on their head!
[ Last edit by Aileen February 19, 2013, 05:09 AM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #43 on: February 19, 2013, 05:06 AM »

^ I'm glad it's not due to exam stress Zarfeen, but I'd have thought that any post-viral hair loss would have stopped by now.  Anyway I really think you should stop worrying about it.  As Caz says it's normal, although I don't recall it happening to me, but maybe I just never noticed because I've always had short, fair hair.  Anyway it does seem a small amount, given the fact that teenagers and young adults have on average over 100,000 hairs on their head!

shocking Awesome, thanks for giving me some reassurance Aileen Smile
And just one more thing, is there any solution if it is a heredity problem?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #44 on: February 19, 2013, 05:21 AM »

And just one more thing, is there any solution if it is a heredity problem?
It can be hereditary, and yes there is treatment for it, but we're talking here about noticeably thinning hair and baldness in people over the age of 20, and you don't qualify for that! http://genealogy.about.com/b/2003/08/03/is-your-hair-loss-hereditary.htm
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »