Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Want any help? This is the thread for you. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Want any help? This is the thread for you.

(Read 4333 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #75 on: February 27, 2013, 12:40 AM »

He's joined one golf club and I think that might be it as he got a really good deal. Thinking maybe a magazine subscription, either Tottenham (he's a lifelong fan) or a golf one. Obviously I cannot spend my money on anything Spurs so perhaps one of the golf ones! There are 2 main NZ ones I know of but don't know which is better. Will investigate further.

Any other ideas are appreciated.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #76 on: February 27, 2013, 01:34 AM »

Need an idea for my father's 60th birthday present (birthday in April). He's recently retired, and pretty keen on golf while also taking up bowls - but he's only recently got a set of bowls/bag etc. Has requested no CDs/DVDs which we usually tend to get.

Note I live in a different part of the country and while I will probably go there for the occasion I have to fly so there's a limit on the size of present I could take. Another option if it was something larger is for my brother to get it as he lives near enough to drive there. Am looking into the possibility of turning up at the house with my brother as a surprise (would involve flying to my brother then going down in the car with him).
Obviously I don't know you or your dad, but maybe he'd be thrilled enough to see you turn up at the door with your brother.
So sorry about his Parkinsons, and very touching to see you've taken this into consideration as to travelling.

Maybe get a nice box and put some of his favourite stuff in it. Anything to do with his favourite golfer..his favourite booze/tea/coffee..biscuits..music..photos of you & your brother with him..
You don't need to spend a lot of money to make someone happy.
Good Luck Smile
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #77 on: February 27, 2013, 03:01 AM »

Thanks. His Parkinson's is very early and not that bad, and improved now without the stress of working. But he's finished with long flights anyway.

Also booze and biscuits won't work - he's diabetic also. I'm liking the idea of a magazine subscription so far actually.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #78 on: February 27, 2013, 03:02 AM »

He's joined one golf club and I think that might be it as he got a really good deal. Thinking maybe a magazine subscription, either Tottenham (he's a lifelong fan) or a golf one. Obviously I cannot spend my money on anything Spurs so perhaps one of the golf ones! There are 2 main NZ ones I know of but don't know which is better. Will investigate further.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

Think

This is what's coming up at the Founders Theatre in Hamilton, for another suggestion, though the magazine subscription sounds good - present every month.

http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/venue/founderstheatre
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #79 on: March 12, 2013, 08:43 PM »

Since there's been no rain here for months, the football pitches are like concrete which means I've got bad blisters on the soles of my feet from pre-season training/friendlies. I've been using super strong blister plasters which help, however the inside of my football socks are covered in the adhesive stuff that has come off and I've found it impossible to get off. Any ideas?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #80 on: March 12, 2013, 08:56 PM »

Since there's been no rain here for months, the football pitches are like concrete which means I've got bad blisters on the soles of my feet from pre-season training/friendlies. I've been using super strong blister plasters which help, however the inside of my football socks are covered in the adhesive stuff that has come off and I've found it impossible to get off. Any ideas?
Cut them off then get your self a women because they will know how to darn your socks....trust me.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #81 on: March 12, 2013, 08:58 PM »

Cut them off then get your self a women because they will know how to darn your socks....trust me.

Not me  no
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #82 on: March 12, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Got one thanks but I don't think any socks have been darned in her lifetime.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #83 on: March 12, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Take a lesson from tennis players and use tape. That or get some thick socks and wear two pairs over another.

-
EDIT:
oops I mis-read what you put, it's too late now and you want to get crap off your socks. What I advise then is just buying new socks. You'll probably wind up spending as much money trying to get the stuff off as some new socks will cost.
[ Last edit by laundry March 12, 2013, 09:04 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #84 on: March 12, 2013, 09:01 PM »

Got one thanks but I don't think any socks have been darned in her lifetime.

I find its much easier to toss them in the bin & buy some new ones  lol
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #85 on: March 12, 2013, 09:08 PM »

I find its much easier to toss them in the bin & buy some new ones  lol
I agree, I remember in the days of old that my mum darned all my socks only for me to get blisters due to the friction against the darned bit of the sock.....changed days....changed days indeed.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #86 on: March 12, 2013, 09:21 PM »

EDIT:
oops I mis-read what you put, it's too late now and you want to get crap off your socks. What I advise then is just buying new socks. You'll probably wind up spending as much money trying to get the stuff off as some new socks will cost.
[/quote]

Yeah don't be so bloody tight fisted splash the cash on some new fluffy socks lol  w00t
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #87 on: March 12, 2013, 09:22 PM »

EDIT:

Yeah don't be so bloody tight fisted splash the cash on some new fluffy socks lol  w00t

I like a woman with taste.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #88 on: March 12, 2013, 09:23 PM »

I like a woman with taste.
But the downside is that woman with taste won't like you.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #89 on: March 12, 2013, 09:24 PM »

But woman with taste won't like you.

Go smoke your weed somewhere else monkey boy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »