Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Want any help? This is the thread for you. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Want any help? This is the thread for you.

(Read 4531 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #120 on: June 03, 2013, 04:20 PM »

Can someone please suggest something which can be used to clear stains off a cell phone? I have got the 'print' of a boarding pass stamp on the red back cover of my phone and it doesn't seem to go at all with everything I tried.

White spirit would my first choice. Pure alcohol my second.

In the UK we have brand that sell alcohol wipes called Milton which I use a lot.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #121 on: June 03, 2013, 04:30 PM »

White spirit would my first choice. Pure alcohol my second.

In the UK we have brand that sell alcohol wipes called Milton which I use a lot.

I tried pure alcohol. Didn't work. Frown
Didn't try white spirit yet. Will give that a go.

My first choice was acetone but failed. lol
I dont think this Milton thingy is available here. Do you think that would work actually?

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #122 on: June 03, 2013, 05:26 PM »

I dont think this Milton thingy is available here. Do you think that would work actually?
Not if alcohol didn't work. Good luck with white spirit Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #123 on: June 03, 2013, 05:26 PM »

Can someone please suggest something which can be used to clear stains off a cell phone? I have got the 'print' of a boarding pass stamp on the red back cover of my phone and it doesn't seem to go at all with everything I tried.

Just get rid of it, Sab. lol

I have a much bigger problem. I am trying to get rid of this 3 seater sofa that I have but it's a stuffed sofa, so it's huge. I have a love seat so I want to keep that and buy two single armchairs so that I can open the path to the solarium. I am going to put it outside my apartment building on Tuesday night, so that the recycle people can pick it up on Wednesday morning. Problem is, it's too big for me and my sister to carry it out all the way to downstairs. We have 3 elevators and all are big but the placing of the sofa needs a specific direction in the elevator, so that it would fit and I just don't think the two of us will be able to do that. I can't find anyone to do it at the last minute notice and I've already bought my armchairs which are being delivered this Saturday so I must get rid of it tomorrow night. I have a few guests coming it so it can't wait until I find someone either.

I have a feeling we are going to get stuck at the elevator door and then having to call the security to help us out...kind of like that Friends episode where they almost had to cut the sofa in half. lolol
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #124 on: June 03, 2013, 05:33 PM »

Just get rid of it, Sab. lol

What great advice. clap

I have a much bigger problem. I am trying to get rid of this 3 seater sofa that I have but it's a stuffed sofa, so it's huge. I have a love seat so I want to keep that and buy two single armchairs so that I can open the path to the solarium. I am going to put it outside my apartment building on Tuesday night, so that the recycle people can pick it up on Wednesday morning. Problem is, it's too big for me and my sister to carry it out all the way to downstairs. We have 3 elevators and all are big but the placing of the sofa needs a specific direction in the elevator, so that it would fit and I just don't think the two of us will be able to do that. I can't find anyone to do it at the last minute notice and I've already bought my armchairs which are being delivered this Saturday so I must get rid of it tomorrow night. I have a few guests coming it so it can't wait until I find someone either.

I have a feeling we are going to get stuck at the elevator door and then having to call the security to help us out...kind of like that Friends episode where they almost had to cut the sofa in half. lolol

Is there no way of dismantling it? I guess since it's stuffed, that woudn't be possible. Think
[ Last edit by Sabine June 03, 2013, 05:37 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #125 on: June 03, 2013, 05:56 PM »

No, it's a fabric sofa so no way to do it. It's actually a very nice one as I used to lie and sleep on it, so lots of memories attached to it. I've watched counties tennis matches, most memorable ones are the Murray ones of course, so my heart is bleeding to give it away. I hope some nice family would adopt it. It's going to charity along with some other stuff. 
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #126 on: June 03, 2013, 05:56 PM »

No, it's a fabric sofa so no way to do it. It's actually a very nice one as I used to lie and sleep on it, so lots of memories attached to it. I've watched counties tennis matches, most memorable ones are the Murray ones of course, so my heart is bleeding to give it away. I hope some nice family would adopt it. It's going to charity along with some other stuff. 

So much affection for a sofa??
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #127 on: June 03, 2013, 06:22 PM »

So much affection for a sofa??

Yes, actually in 2006 I moved out and started living on  my own and it was quite the adventure for me. I just had a mattress to sleep on so when I bought that sofa set, it was a very special moment for me. Besides I like my stuff. My car is like my baby.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #128 on: June 05, 2013, 06:52 PM »

My Macbook Pro power adapter has started making a strange noise (buzzing/almost a cog turning sound) and my adapter has stopped working. Can anyone here help me?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #129 on: June 05, 2013, 07:14 PM »

My Macbook Pro power adapter has started making a strange noise (buzzing/almost a cog turning sound) and my adapter has stopped working. Can anyone here help me?
Hi, adapter engineer here... let me guide you through the process of opening up that adapter of yours, taking out the PCB, unsoldering the various components and making your own replacement fuse with existing materials from inside your iPhone.

Or just buy a new overpriced adapter from Apple.
[ Last edit by Mark June 05, 2013, 07:26 PM ] IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #130 on: June 05, 2013, 07:19 PM »

Go back in time and don't buy a macbook.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #131 on: June 05, 2013, 07:24 PM »

When this piece of s*** breaks down, I'm off to Windows.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #132 on: June 05, 2013, 07:25 PM »

IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #133 on: June 05, 2013, 07:26 PM »

Hi, adapter engineer here... let me guide you through the process of opening up that adapter of yours, taking out the PCB, unsoldering the various components and making your own replacement fuse with existing materials from inside your iPhone.

Or just buy a new overpriced adapter from Apple.

Do you use Mac?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #134 on: June 05, 2013, 07:27 PM »

Do you use Mac?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »