Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Want any help? This is the thread for you. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Want any help? This is the thread for you.

(Read 6084 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #135 on: June 05, 2013, 07:28 PM »

Good.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #136 on: June 05, 2013, 07:31 PM »

When this piece of s*** breaks down, I'm off to Windows.
Try Ubuntu instead if you're not gaming on it.

Even for my desktop, I am so close to switching because of Steam/Valve campaign of adding Linux support to their games.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #137 on: June 05, 2013, 07:33 PM »

Try Ubuntu instead if you're not gaming on it.

Even for my desktop, I am so close to switching because of Steam/Valve campaign of adding Linux support to their games.

I'm blaming the power adapters for this. The laptops are fantastic machines, but the chargers are just easy to fray and awful.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #138 on: June 05, 2013, 07:34 PM »

I'm blaming the power adapters for this. The laptops are fantastic machines, but the chargers are just easy to fray and awful.
Yep. I've had to replace quite a few laptop adapters over the last few years.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #139 on: June 06, 2013, 02:07 PM »

Can anyone tell me how to get candle grease off a carpet?  There's quite a bit of it unfortunately.  I've tried scraping it off but it's firmly stuck to it.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #140 on: June 06, 2013, 02:21 PM »

Can anyone tell me how to get candle grease off a carpet?  There's quite a bit of it unfortunately.  I've tried scraping it off but it's firmly stuck to it.

Burn it?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #141 on: June 06, 2013, 02:57 PM »

I somehow don't think that's the answer. lol
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #142 on: June 06, 2013, 05:39 PM »

Someone once told me you put brown paper over it then iron the brown paper
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #143 on: June 06, 2013, 07:30 PM »

Yeah I heard that
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #144 on: June 06, 2013, 11:51 PM »

Yeah I heard that
Thanks.  I'll give it a try.  Even if I can remove the worst of it it'll be a help.  The carpet's a bit tatty anyway, but the problem is that it's a rented flat.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #145 on: July 13, 2013, 08:17 PM »

My f***** iPad won't sync and play videos, the file extension (.mp4) is all correct, but still no luck. I have tried using software to convert it to a compatible bitrate etc so that it plays on the iPad, but yet that has also failed.

Can anyone help me?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #146 on: July 13, 2013, 08:23 PM »

My f***** iPad won't sync and play videos, the file extension (.mp4) is all correct, but still no luck. I have tried using software to convert it to a compatible bitrate etc so that it plays on the iPad, but yet that has also failed.

Can anyone help me?
If you don't get help on here, why not Google it and see what answers you get?  I've solved a few computer issues that way.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #147 on: July 13, 2013, 08:35 PM »

If you don't get help on here, why not Google it and see what answers you get?  I've solved a few computer issues that way.

I did, it led to me to the converting suicide mission which failed.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #148 on: July 13, 2013, 08:45 PM »

I did, it led to me to the converting suicide mission which failed.
Suggest you could try posting on this thread as well - http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/chit-chat/computer-help/360/
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Want any help? This is the thread for you. « Reply #149 on: July 14, 2013, 04:03 AM »

Can anyone help me?

What the hell is a bitrate? lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »