Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Weather 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Weather

(Read 7612 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Weather « Reply #150 on: March 06, 2014, 09:30 PM »

Hell mend you....Scotland was a mere tester to how cold it can get and what do you do, move to Canada duh!

I

Love

Summer. yes
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Weather « Reply #151 on: March 06, 2014, 09:32 PM »

I

Love

Summer. yes
I personally don't , I love 4 seasons in a day,Yeeeees  yay
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Weather « Reply #152 on: March 06, 2014, 09:46 PM »

We get 4 seasons in a year. Imagine that!  yay

I love all the seasons for different reasons, but this winter has been the worst in 25 years apparently. L-o-n-g before I came here.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Weather « Reply #153 on: March 07, 2014, 02:22 PM »

Well Robbie try Melbourne you will get 5 seasons in one day believe me.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Weather « Reply #154 on: March 12, 2014, 09:48 PM »

Ah well.. storm's almost over, I hope.

Took these pics just a mo' ago. My son clearing the path. I'm just going to help him.

* More snow March 12 001.JPG (734.75 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 12 times.)

* More snow March 12 004.JPG (749.84 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 14 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Weather « Reply #155 on: March 12, 2014, 10:00 PM »

^ shocking  At least Edinburgh was a sunny 11C today! 
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Weather « Reply #156 on: April 05, 2014, 07:32 AM »

We saw the sky last night for the first time in the last few days, ever since it was blacked out by the toxic 'smog' we're told was pollution from the continent [as well as our own] and sand from the Sahara Desert! My black glass patio table is covered in a layer of red dust, almost thick enough to build a small sand castle......same with the car!  Rolling Eyes Also, we've had no Winter this year guys.......none at all!  shocking A few chilly days for sure, but we haven't seen a snowflake.....not one and on the few occasions this year when we've awoken to frost, it's been so thin......barely enough to cover the shed roof! It seems our world is changing rapidly.....and not for the better!  shocking
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Weather « Reply #157 on: April 06, 2014, 07:28 AM »

We saw the sky last night for the first time in the last few days, ever since it was blacked out by the toxic 'smog' we're told was pollution from the continent [as well as our own] and sand from the Sahara Desert! My black glass patio table is covered in a layer of red dust, almost thick enough to build a small sand castle......same with the car!  Rolling Eyes Also, we've had no Winter this year guys.......none at all!  shocking A few chilly days for sure, but we haven't seen a snowflake.....not one and on the few occasions this year when we've awoken to frost, it's been so thin......barely enough to cover the shed roof! It seems our world is changing rapidly.....and not for the better!  shocking
I'd forgotten about that toxic smoke.  Makes you think. Scary!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Weather « Reply #158 on: April 06, 2014, 08:36 AM »

@Caz
Gosh, I didn't realise it would effect people so much they couldn't see the sky shocking Horrible.
Also, I agree with you about the Winter. It's going to be mosquito hell this year. I've already got clouds of insects in my garden, you know the ones that you normally only see in Autumn. And got the most horrendous bite on my back that had to be dosed with "Waspeeze."
Good for bats I suppose and swallows/swifts etc.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Weather « Reply #159 on: April 06, 2014, 03:39 PM »

It is time we took global warming seriously. The government just digs a hole and hides in it, they are totally unprepared for it.You can bet if the SE has the same amount of rain next winter there will be hell to pay. I remember as a child how smoggy it was in Edinburgh, this was caused by all the coal fires hence the name Auld Reekie.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Weather « Reply #160 on: April 06, 2014, 03:59 PM »

You can't blame everything on the Government Margaret! If you want to blame someone....blame China and the USA!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Weather « Reply #161 on: April 06, 2014, 09:40 PM »

It is time we took global warming seriously. The government just digs a hole and hides in it, they are totally unprepared for it.You can bet if the SE has the same amount of rain next winter there will be hell to pay. I remember as a child how smoggy it was in Edinburgh, this was caused by all the coal fires hence the name Auld Reekie.
Which was nothing compared to the smog they used to get in London.  It was known as 'killer' smog with very good reason.  One winter I lived there (early 1960s) they had it really badly and you had to cover your nose and mouth when you went out otherwise you had problems breathing and were also inhaling the vile stuff, also it got up your nose and inside your ears.  I had to walk about a quarter of a mile every morning to get the tube, and one day I was wearing a white under-slip but by the time I got to the office it was black right up to my thighs.

Incidentally I don't believe that global warming is caused by us humans, or if it is, then only by a tiny percentage.  The global temperature has risen and fallen for billions of years, ranging from ice ages to tropical conditions, and weather patterns have changed as well in that time, so I see this as nothing new and now even many scientists are admitting that they got it wrong.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Weather « Reply #162 on: April 07, 2014, 07:43 AM »

I agree about the Global warming Aileen, but the fact remains that Earth's atmosphere, which is only a thin layer and vital to our existence, is at risk of being destroyed by man if we don't start looking after it better and there are other factors involved as well, like the destruction of the rain forests.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Weather « Reply #163 on: April 07, 2014, 12:19 PM »

Sorry I should have made myself plainer because I wasn't intending to suggest we shouldn't take of the Earth's fragile atmosphere because I know how vital it is to our existence, and I've signed several petitions regarding mass rain forest destruction because of the potentially disastrous effects this is having not only on our planet but because whole swathes of natural animal and bird habitat are being lost as well.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Weather « Reply #164 on: April 07, 2014, 04:21 PM »

If companies continue to destroy the Amazon cutting trees then we will be in trouble. The rain forrest helps to control carbon dioxide as more trees are cut down this will cause levels to increase then were will we be.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »