Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  What songs make you emotional? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

What songs make you emotional?

(Read 2386 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #30 on: February 09, 2013, 12:31 AM »

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #31 on: February 09, 2013, 12:36 AM »

Feck me - that offends my ears. However you are young, and I am old.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #32 on: February 09, 2013, 12:47 AM »

This - Cheese on toast - but I love it!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #33 on: February 09, 2013, 01:15 AM »

I hate how I hear a song play in Tesco and it manages to make me sad for the rest of the evening. What's annoying is I have no idea what the song is but clearly there is an association there.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #34 on: February 09, 2013, 01:23 AM »

I hate how I hear a song play in Tesco and it manages to make me sad for the rest of the evening. What's annoying is I have no idea what the song is but clearly there is an association there.
Know what you mean - today I had 'Catch a falling star' in my mind all day - Was even whistling it - Bastards!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #35 on: February 09, 2013, 02:09 AM »

I think this is the one for me...
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #36 on: February 09, 2013, 05:31 AM »

This song never fails to make me cry.

IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #37 on: February 09, 2013, 09:54 AM »

Was it called 'God Bless the Horses' lol
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #38 on: February 10, 2013, 01:05 PM »

This has to be up there for me...

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #39 on: February 13, 2013, 06:29 PM »

"Amazing Grace" played on the bagpipes.  This version by The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards was a global hit when it was released in the spring of 1972 and was No.1 in the UK pop charts for five weeks.

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 06:41 PM »

Sends shivers down my spine, Aileen.  So haunting.

This puts me in mind of an interesting New Thread...  Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #41 on: February 13, 2013, 06:51 PM »

When I hear a lone piper playing it at Ground Zero on the anniversaries of 9/11, I just dissolve.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #42 on: February 13, 2013, 06:54 PM »

When I hear a lone piper playing it at Ground Zero on the anniversaries of 9/11, I just dissolve.
Yup - I wonder why that is?  Do you think it's because the bagpipes are native to us Scots, or just that the sound of them is haunting?
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #43 on: February 13, 2013, 06:57 PM »

There are so many - but here's a long time favourite. Reminds me of people who are out of my life now, one way or another. Videos not so hot, but you can just shut your eyes.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #44 on: February 13, 2013, 07:25 PM »

Yup - I wonder why that is?  Do you think it's because the bagpipes are native to us Scots, or just that the sound of them is haunting?
I think it's the sound of them, Elly.  It isn't unusual to see a lone piper playing at funerals anywhere in the UK which are reported on TV.

On the other hand though the pipes can be very uplifting.  Hearing "Scotland the Brave" played on them really stirs my Scot's blood.

There are so many - but here's a long time favourite. Reminds me of people who are out of my life now, one way or another. Videos not so hot, but you can just shut your eyes.

That's really emotional too fiverings, and I agree that there is something nostalgic about it.  Thanks for posting.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 13, 2013, 07:33 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »