Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  What songs make you emotional? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

What songs make you emotional?

(Read 3519 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #60 on: February 18, 2013, 08:23 PM »

Have'nt heard about that hope they are all okay.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #61 on: February 18, 2013, 08:39 PM »

I think it was a few years back.  Not sure exactly what happened.  Need to look it up.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #62 on: February 18, 2013, 09:02 PM »

Not a song, but this makes me laugh so much.  Is that an emotion? 

OMG I LOVE MRS BROWNS BOYS!!!!!!!!! The man who plays Mrs Brown is bloody hilarious and when Rory says 'mammy' I can't help but laugh. Roll on Christmas when it returns.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #63 on: February 18, 2013, 09:06 PM »

^ Brendan O'Carroll is a total genious.   It really doesn't get much funnier.  The ability to make people laugh out loud on stage is a gift!  Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #64 on: February 18, 2013, 09:10 PM »

I hate this man. This was in the charts when I had an unrequited love affair as a 15-y-o. I can't listen to this ***** of a song without welling up. I also LOATHE autumn as a result.

I can sympathise a lot with that. In my teens I had a thing with someone who was a mad Elvis fan. When we split up I took an intense dislike to Elvis's love songs, all of them. I still despise Love Me Tender to the depths of my soul. It's irrational, but still.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #65 on: February 18, 2013, 09:28 PM »

^It's total pantage - but we have to build a bridge and get over it, or forever wallow.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #66 on: February 19, 2013, 01:43 AM »

OMG I LOVE MRS BROWNS BOYS!!!!!!!!! The man who plays Mrs Brown is bloody hilarious and when Rory says 'mammy' I can't help but laugh. Roll on Christmas when it returns.
I just started watching it recently because they're doing repeats on BBC1 on Saturdays at 9:50 pm.  I wan't too sure about it at first but now I think it's hilarious!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #67 on: February 19, 2013, 02:49 AM »

I find this emotional  - the original "Flower of Scotland" as sung by the Corries, whose Roy Williamson composed it.  This recording was made at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh in 1968 and it was the first time they performed it.  I had the privilege of being in the audience that evening, and, as you can hear, it had an enthusiastic reception!  It's a shame that such a beautiful song gets murdered on a regular basis when sung at rugby internationals, etc.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #68 on: February 19, 2013, 11:17 AM »

^It's total pantage - but we have to build a bridge and get over it, or forever wallow.

Exactly, oh, and must say, I like the word pantage. Describes my ex to a tee lol.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #69 on: February 19, 2013, 12:43 PM »

It is a beautiful song Aileen and I agree the Corries were great. You can hear the audience's response it looks at our past. The Flower is our young men who lost their lives but it also goes on say that we can rise again. I do not think it is a dirge if it is sung in the right fashion. It's a pity they do not play it over the PA system when at the rugby or the football. I am sure the crowd would sing it in the fashion it is meant to be sung in.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #70 on: February 19, 2013, 12:50 PM »

On a happier note, this song always gives me a good feeling. Every year, I do the Great North Run, which finishes on the South Shields seafront where I grew up. This always plays on my iPod as I run for home.

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #71 on: February 19, 2013, 06:59 PM »

Exactly, oh, and must say, I like the word pantage. Describes my ex to a tee lol.
lol  Ah, that there were a magic wand to mend broken hearts!  Sometimes sellotape and super glue just don't do. Very Happy
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #72 on: February 19, 2013, 07:06 PM »

On a happier note, this song always gives me a good feeling. Every year, I do the Great North Run, which finishes on the South Shields seafront where I grew up. This always plays on my iPod as I run for home.

Oh my gosh - my sister used to love them.  She always played this track.  Also makes me smile and think of my childhood.

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #73 on: February 19, 2013, 07:29 PM »

I love this, as well

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What songs make you emotional? « Reply #74 on: February 25, 2013, 10:33 PM »

I've seen these guys a few times now - and I think they're fab.  Never cease to get the blood roaring and just want to make your feet MOOOOVE Very Happy

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »