Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  What will your Education cost you? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Reply
Author

What will your Education cost you?

(Read 3736 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #150 on: April 21, 2010, 09:31 PM »

We are so lucky in Scotland.  Tuition fees are paid.  My daughter gets a bursary of around 500 quid a month, because she is doing nursing. 

I get about 200 quid per month. So I get my fees paid and they give me a little spending money. Very Happy
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #151 on: April 21, 2010, 09:31 PM »

She went to Princeton, which just makes me fainting.

Laura's loaded. I think she's part of Welsh royalty.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #152 on: April 21, 2010, 09:31 PM »

You guys are making me jealous.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #153 on: April 21, 2010, 09:32 PM »

I get about 200 quid per month. So I get my fees paid and they give me a little spending money. Very Happy
It's better than nowt, and a lot better than some.  Smile
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #154 on: April 21, 2010, 09:34 PM »

I'm not loaded! Where on earth did you get that idea from?!? The way the exchange worked with Oxford was that it was cost neutral - I paid my Oxford tuition fees and got a semester in Princeton in exchange. Bloody good deal for me!
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #155 on: April 21, 2010, 09:35 PM »

I'm not loaded! Where on earth did you get that idea from?!? The way the exchange worked with Oxford was that it was cost neutral - I paid my Oxford tuition fees and got a semester in Princeton in exchange. Bloody good deal for me!

'Twas a joke.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #156 on: April 21, 2010, 09:37 PM »

That's how it would work if I went to study abroad.

If you were to actually go to Princeton (or any of the Ivys - Harvard wub, Yale, Brown, etc), they would meet 100% of your need for aid. However actually trying to get in costs an arm and a leg.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #157 on: April 21, 2010, 09:38 PM »

That's how it would work if I went to study abroad.

If you were to actually go to Princeton (or any of the Ivys - Harvard wub, Yale, Brown, etc), they would meet 100% of your need for aid. However actually trying to get in costs an arm and a leg.

You and Harvard. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #158 on: April 21, 2010, 09:39 PM »

You and Harvard. Rolling Eyes

Hey, leave me alone. It's a pretty amazing college. If only getting into their law school wasn't so damn hard...
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #159 on: April 21, 2010, 09:44 PM »

I feel quite privileged at having being funded through my undergrad, and post grad. At least I can teach, but I really don't want to.  Frown
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #160 on: April 21, 2010, 10:10 PM »

Harvard is gorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous. We went to visit when we went to Boston - soooo pretty! But obviously I'm a Princeton Tiger for life now Wink
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #161 on: April 21, 2010, 10:45 PM »

Laura's loaded. I think she's part of Welsh royalty.
I don't look up to her and she doesn't expect it but I respect her for her massive wallet.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #162 on: April 21, 2010, 10:50 PM »

I'm thinking I should just apply for PhDs in the states, hard to get into but if you get a place then the money goes with it!
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #163 on: April 22, 2010, 02:20 AM »

Harvard is gorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous. We went to visit when we went to Boston - soooo pretty! But obviously I'm a Princeton Tiger for life now Wink

At least you didn't go to Yale... icon_angel_not
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: What will your Education cost you? « Reply #164 on: April 22, 2010, 03:00 PM »

Ha so true. The semester I was at Princeton, the football team beat Harvard and Yale in the same season for the first time in about 15 years, so there was a massive bonfire with effigies of Harvard and the Yale bull dog on it and a big parade and stuff. Awesome Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »