Andy Murray vs Facundo Arguello, Monday, Estimated time - 4:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  What will your Education cost you?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Reply

What will your Education cost you?

We are so lucky in Scotland.  Tuition fees are paid.  My daughter gets a bursary of around 500 quid a month, because she is doing nursing. 

I get about 200 quid per month. So I get my fees paid and they give me a little spending money. Very Happy
IP Logged

She went to Princeton, which just makes me fainting.

Laura's loaded. I think she's part of Welsh royalty.
IP Logged

You guys are making me jealous.
IP Logged

I get about 200 quid per month. So I get my fees paid and they give me a little spending money. Very Happy
It's better than nowt, and a lot better than some.  Smile
IP Logged

I'm not loaded! Where on earth did you get that idea from?!? The way the exchange worked with Oxford was that it was cost neutral - I paid my Oxford tuition fees and got a semester in Princeton in exchange. Bloody good deal for me!
IP Logged

I'm not loaded! Where on earth did you get that idea from?!? The way the exchange worked with Oxford was that it was cost neutral - I paid my Oxford tuition fees and got a semester in Princeton in exchange. Bloody good deal for me!

'Twas a joke.
IP Logged

That's how it would work if I went to study abroad.

If you were to actually go to Princeton (or any of the Ivys - Harvard wub, Yale, Brown, etc), they would meet 100% of your need for aid. However actually trying to get in costs an arm and a leg.
IP Logged

That's how it would work if I went to study abroad.

If you were to actually go to Princeton (or any of the Ivys - Harvard wub, Yale, Brown, etc), they would meet 100% of your need for aid. However actually trying to get in costs an arm and a leg.

You and Harvard. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged

You and Harvard. Rolling Eyes

Hey, leave me alone. It's a pretty amazing college. If only getting into their law school wasn't so damn hard...
IP Logged

I feel quite privileged at having being funded through my undergrad, and post grad. At least I can teach, but I really don't want to.  Frown
IP Logged

Harvard is gorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous. We went to visit when we went to Boston - soooo pretty! But obviously I'm a Princeton Tiger for life now Wink
IP Logged

Laura's loaded. I think she's part of Welsh royalty.
I don't look up to her and she doesn't expect it but I respect her for her massive wallet.
IP Logged

I'm thinking I should just apply for PhDs in the states, hard to get into but if you get a place then the money goes with it!
IP Logged

Harvard is gorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous. We went to visit when we went to Boston - soooo pretty! But obviously I'm a Princeton Tiger for life now Wink

At least you didn't go to Yale... icon_angel_not
IP Logged

Ha so true. The semester I was at Princeton, the football team beat Harvard and Yale in the same season for the first time in about 15 years, so there was a massive bonfire with effigies of Harvard and the Yale bull dog on it and a big parade and stuff. Awesome Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Reply