Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Who created us? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Who created us?

(Read 6062 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Who created us? « on: May 17, 2008, 04:45 PM »

Do you honestly think he will be including anything even slightly controversial in this book?

All he will say about Brad is that it worked well to begin with, but over the course of the season Brad’s intensity in talking about tennis it caused friction. So it was best if they went there own ways.

Brad does not bad mouth any of the players he has worked with, Andy will return the same courtesy.
This was stated at the time.

On the Hamilton shootings he was taken to the Headmasters office and was too young to really remember it.

As stated at the time, I doubt you will get anything more as he has always tried to distance himself from this type of sensationalist reporting.

On the LTA those bad boys mucked up Jaime’s career that is why I went to Spain.

Already in the public domain may go into slightly more detail but nothing of any great consequence.

On the Match fixing, no further information will be provided, only a repeat of the explanation he has already given.

Unlike the LTA who need Murray more than he needs them the ATP could and would come down hard on Andy if he said anything controversial on this, he would also run the risk of alienating fellow pros on the tour so it will not happen.

If it was the last year of his contract a warts and all book could be expected but at the age of twenty one it will be nothing but a rehash of the image his management want to project.
Do you honestly expect earth shattering revelations from this?

How does having further information on any of the topics you have mentioned affect myself when watching Andy play tennis or supporting him?

Why does believing in God exclude me from calling someone Gullible or a fool?

I have been blessed with free will and it is what distinguishes us from the animals.

So I have every right to call you what I want, and as long as I show repentance for my sins my God will forgive me. innocent

If that is what the book consists of then I obviously won't buy it.  As it is, you are guessing what will be in it.  You may very well turn out to be right, which is why I said I will wait to see what is actually in the book.  That hardly makes me a fool.  It means I don't make snap judgements.

Calling me gullible while believing in a supernatural being, of which there is no evidence of (in fact, all evidence points to the contrary), is clearly ironic.  I'm not gullible.  Considering buying a book does not make me gullible.  Blindly buying it because I'm a fan would.  That's not what I'm doing, however.

Mod NoticeSplit posts from Murray book news article and created this topic.
[ Last edit by Mark May 17, 2008, 05:22 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Who created us? « Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 04:47 PM »

Calling me gullible while believing in a supernatural being, of which there is no evidence of (in fact, all evidence points to the contrary), is clearly ironic. 
All theories regarding our creation from nothing is objectively stupid. I'm agnostic but your comments regarding Al are a low blow... let's add it to your growing list of ridiculous statements.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Who created us? « Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 04:58 PM »

All theories regarding our creation from nothing is objectively stupid. I'm agnostic but your comments regarding Al are a low blow... let's add it to your growing list of ridiculous statements.

Heard of evolution, Mark?  It's as solid as the theory of gravity, having mountains of evidence in support of it.

So no, creationism and evolution are not equally stupid.  One is a fairytale and the other is a fact.  Shall I add that to your list of idiotic statements?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Who created us? « Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 05:00 PM »

Heard of evolution, Mark?  It's as solid as the theory of gravity, having mountains of evidence in support of it.
I'm talking about how everything has come from nothing. We as human beings can't comprehend that something has always existed and any theories to explain how we were created ultimately comes down to who/what created the things that eventually lead to us being created. So at the end of the day, it's all pretty stupid unless you can answer the root of the question.
[ Last edit by Mark May 17, 2008, 05:06 PM ] IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Who created us? « Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 05:06 PM »

I'm talking about how everything has come from nothing. We as human beings can't comprehend that something has always existed and any theories to explain how we were created ultimately comes down to who/what created the things that eventually saw us be created. To at the end of the day, it's all pretty stupid unless you can answer the root of the problem.

It is not how "we" were created.  We know how we came into existence.  We don't know how the first cell came into existence.  There are plausible theories.  Invoking God/Allah/Yahweh/Whatever to explain the first living organism is not an explanation.  It is a failure to explain.

All evidence contradicts there being a God.  Religious beliefs deserve no more respect than political beliefs.  If I don't agree, why shouldn't I challenge that belief?  

Do I think Al is stupid?  Of course not.  However, he saw fit to call me a gullible fool for considering buying Murray's book.  I'm merely pointing out the irony.

By the way, the big bang is a fact.  If you're referring to the first living organism, that is something science is working on.  How the earth came to be is different.  Personally, I think the universe has always been.  It's a concept our minds can't properly grasp, as our minds seek patterns.  
[ Last edit by Clydey May 17, 2008, 05:10 PM ] IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Who created us? « Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 05:08 PM »

Heard of evolution, Mark?  It's as solid as the theory of gravity, having mountains of evidence in support of it.

So no, creationism and evolution are not equally stupid.  One is a fairytale and the other is a fact.  Shall I add that to your list of idiotic statements?

Shall I add this to yours? Considering all of science is based around the assumption that at any time new evidence can change the very basis all of science up to this point is based upon I dispute that the words 'proof' and 'fact' are ever used in this context.

And I think you're being petty and condescending about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the comments he made. A Christian doesn't have the right to call someone gullible? That's ridiculous. And a matter of belief either way!

Oh, and is the fact that the author of the theory of evolution actually no longer believed it by the time he died on your pile of evidence there?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Who created us? « Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 05:09 PM »

It is not how "we" were created.  We know how we came into existence.  We don't know how the first cell came into existence.  There are plausible theories.  Invoking God/Allah/Yahweh/Whatever to explain the first living organism is not an explanation.  It is a failure to explain.

All evidence contradicts there being a God.  Religious beliefs deserve no more respect than political beliefs.  If I don't agree, why shouldn't I challenge that belief? 
Personally, I think the universe has always been.  It's a concept our minds can't properly grasp, as our minds seek patterns. 
I'm just saying all theories of our creation are pretty pointless unless you can answer who created the initial things that led to our creation which we can't, it's impossible to comprehend.
[ Last edit by Mark May 17, 2008, 08:47 PM ] IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Who created us? « Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 05:10 PM »

Religious beliefs deserve no more respect than political beliefs.

Or scientific belief for that matter!
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Who created us? « Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 05:14 PM »

Shall I add this to yours? Considering all of science is based around the assumption that at any time new evidence can change the very basis all of science up to this point is based upon I dispute that the words 'proof' and 'fact' are ever used in this context.

And I think you're being petty and condescending about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the comments he made. A Christian doesn't have the right to call someone gullible? That's ridiculous. And a matter of belief either way!

Oh, and is the fact that the author of the theory of evolution actually no longer believed it by the time he died on your pile of evidence there?

That's a well debunked lie.  Shall I lead you to a creationist website that even debunks that myth?  Charles Darwin did not abandon it, nor did he believe in God when he died.  

The theory of evolution is a fact.  There are certain theories that are so solid to be considered fact.  Evolution and gravity are so solid that the chances of them being disproved are practically nil.  That we evolved is indisputable.  The only argument is whether natural selection is the only mechanism through which we evolved
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Who created us? « Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 05:15 PM »

Or scientific belief for that matter!

Science doesn't require faith.  In science we follow the evidence.  Faith by its very definition is irrational.  If it was rational it wouldn't be called faith.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Who created us? « Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 05:17 PM »

I'm just saying all theories of our creation are pretty pointless unless you can answer who created the initial things that lead to our creation which we can't, it's impossible to comprehend.

They are not pointless.  Some are more plausible than others.  That's the point I'm making.  No one knows for certain how it happened, but the idea that God did it is not one of them.  At least not until there's a shred of evidence in support of it.
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Who created us? « Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 05:18 PM »

There is no conflict with believing in evolution and my faith, it is accepted by many Christian faiths.

As for Science it is in a constant fluid state with once what was considered accepted fact becoming outdated and evolves as our knowledge grows. The Church does the very same with it's interpretations and guidance that it issues.

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Who created us? « Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 05:18 PM »

They are not pointless.  Some are more plausible than others.  That's the point I'm making.  No one knows for certain how it happened, but the idea that God did it is not one of them.  At least not until there's a shred of evidence in support of it.
There's no evidence of who created the first molecule (or whatever it was) before the universe existed and therefore it's equally as silly to say God created it or that he didn't.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Who created us? « Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 05:19 PM »

Why has this gone from a book about Murray to Religion? Think
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's premature autobiography « Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 05:22 PM »

There is no conflict with believing in evolution and my faith, it is accepted by many Christian faiths.

As for Science it is in a constant fluid state with once what was considered accepted fact becoming outdated and evolves as our knowledge grows. The Church does the very same with it's interpretations and guidance that it issues.

How can interpretations of the bible evolve?  Serious question.  The Bible is supposed to be the inerrant word of God.  A look at the Old Testament tells me that God, if he exists, is not a deity worthy of worship.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »