Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Columns  >  Emperor Federer and the naked truth 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 104 Go Down Reply
Author

Emperor Federer and the naked truth

(Read 26844 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1305 on: November 16, 2012, 01:17 PM »

Hi All,

The one thing I did mean to mention and completely forgot, was Paul Annacone during Andy's semi with Federer in Shanghai. I really thought Paul was weird! I've never seen anything like it, when he didn't look as if he was asleep (which he did, for most of the match) he looked like he was reading a paper or something.  I know our Lendl is laid back, but honestly! The highlight though, was that fifth game of the first set, the 'how not to serve' game, as I affectionately call it. Annacone looked like he was thinking 'what the hell???', or words to that effect.

To be perfectly honest, I think it's right now to move on now from what happened last weekend. I'll never, ever agree with it, I still think it was way out of hand. I still don't get why the comms didn't talk about it more, particularly the potential for what was going on to distract Andy, or why the umpire didn't do his job, but it's done now. It would be wrong to allow one ridiculous evening at the O2 to take away from the success of 2012 for Andy. I swear, I'll remember him winning the Olympics and the USO this year until the day I die, whether he wins any more majors or not, although I feel sure he will.

I'll just leave my last word on the subject to my sister. Yesterday evening I was talking (well, whispering really, I still have no voice) to her on the phone and she asked if I'd enjoyed the WTF. She knew when they went back to Ireland (my sister and her family that is) that I was looking forward to it. Obviously I told her about the matches I'd enjoyed, but also about what happened with Andy in the end. Now my sister isn't really an Andy fan, although she doesn't dislike him. I was surprised that she said much the same things as some of us have said, that the umpire should have taken it in hand, that crowds supporting Andy at the Olympics didn't cheer errors from opponents, etc. Then she said 'Oh well, it's all right. Maybe next time Murray will remember and be all the more determind to thrash him'.

I'm not sure I can argue with that sentiment.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1306 on: November 16, 2012, 01:45 PM »

..To be perfectly honest, I think it's right now to move on now from what happened last weekend..
In complete agreement with you there, teejay.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1307 on: November 17, 2012, 04:49 PM »

© Tenro
ROGER'S 2013 SCHEDULE

16.11.2012 | Tennis
Roger's tournament schedule for 2013 is out: he is planning to play the following tournaments in 2013, plus hopefully the ATP World Tour Finals in London.

The 2013 schedule is as follows:

Australian Open, Melbourne
ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournamen, Rotterdam
Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, Dubai
BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells
Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid
Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome
Roland Garros, Paris
Gerry Weber Open, Halle
Wimbledon
Rogers Cup, Montreal
Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati
US Open, New York
Shanghai Rolex Masters, Shanghai
BNP Masters , Paris

As of November, 17, 2012. Subject to change.

This means points dropped too.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1308 on: November 17, 2012, 05:49 PM »

© Tenro
ROGER'S 2013 SCHEDULE

16.11.2012 | Tennis
Roger's tournament schedule for 2013 is out: he is planning to play the following tournaments in 2013, plus hopefully the ATP World Tour Finals in London.

Roland Garros, Paris
Gerry Weber Open, Halle
Wimbledon
Rogers Cup, Montreal
US Open, New York
BNP Masters , Paris

No Basel for Smugfed next year? Isn't that a bit odd, given that it is his home tournament? Wouldn't that be the equivalent of Andy saying he doesn't fancy playing Queen's?

I'm not complaining mind, it just jumped out at me that Basel isn't mentioned. Mind you, after what Delpo did......
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1309 on: November 17, 2012, 06:02 PM »

It's all about him wanting more money I believe.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1310 on: November 17, 2012, 06:15 PM »

It's all about him wanting more money I believe.

Ahhhh, that explains it, greedy man lol.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1311 on: November 17, 2012, 07:16 PM »

Fancy not playing in his home tournament and for the reason given. What a greedy man maybe he's down to his last million. How the other half live.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1312 on: November 17, 2012, 08:11 PM »

© Tenro
ROGER'S 2013 SCHEDULE

16.11.2012 | Tennis

Roland Garros, Paris
Gerry Weber Open, Halle
Wimbledon
Rogers Cup, Montreal
US Open, New York
BNP Masters , Paris

Is this official?

If so, noticeably no Doha (90), Miami (90), Monte Carlo (1000), or Basel (300).

Actually, this can't be right - Miami is a compulsory tournament.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1313 on: November 17, 2012, 08:14 PM »

Is this official?

If so, noticeably no Doha (90), Miami (90), Monte Carlo (1000), or Basel (300).

Actually, this can't be right - Miami is a compulsory tournament.

But Fed can miss some without penalties because of age and no of matches played. Fairly sure it is official
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1314 on: November 17, 2012, 10:29 PM »

Yeah it's official.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1315 on: November 18, 2012, 10:21 AM »

Smugfed can miss Masters can't he, on account of being over 30, hence why no Miami I supoose.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1316 on: November 18, 2012, 10:32 AM »

It's interesting that Fed's opting to play no warm-up tournaments before the AO - I don't think he's ever done this before? It's noteworthy that he's chosen to skip Miami too - out of the Masters events, I'd have thought that Shanghai would be the logical one to skip.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1317 on: November 18, 2012, 10:34 AM »

No Basel for Smugfed next year? Isn't that a bit odd, given that it is his home tournament? Wouldn't that be the equivalent of Andy saying he doesn't fancy playing Queen's?

I'm not complaining mind, it just jumped out at me that Basel isn't mentioned. Mind you, after what Delpo did......

Seemingly, Fed asked Basel for 2 million euros appearance money for next year (this year he reputedly received 500,000 euros) and the organisers said they couldn't afford it.  I believe there were several anti-Fed articles in the Swiss press at the time that the news broke.  It could be that he is more popular in Britain than he is in Switzerland!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1318 on: November 18, 2012, 01:36 PM »

Smugfed can miss Masters can't he, on account of being over 30, hence why no Miami I supoose.
But Fed can miss some without penalties because of age and no of matches played. Fairly sure it is official
You learn something new every day.

Very interesting. Of course the chances are he'll sign up for a few more smaller tournaments closer to the time. I'll be surprised if he eventually doesn't sort something out with Basel. Probably still pissed at his recent defeat to Del Potro there, will eventually realise what a cock he looks after his PA team have had a word.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1319 on: November 18, 2012, 02:19 PM »

Seemingly, Fed asked Basel for 2 million euros appearance money for next year (this year he reputedly received 500,000 euros) and the organisers said they couldn't afford it.  I believe there were several anti-Fed articles in the Swiss press at the time that the news broke.  It could be that he is more popular in Britain than he is in Switzerland!

2 million Euros!!!!!!!!!!! Blimey!  That's just.... Well! Unbelievable!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 104 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »