Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Columns  >  Emperor Federer and the naked truth 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 ... 104 Go Down Reply
Author

Emperor Federer and the naked truth

(Read 27226 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1395 on: December 06, 2012, 05:47 PM »

You think he's concerned by such trivial things with upwards of $150,000,000 in the bank? He'll live off the interest alone!

The problem with this argument is, you are looking at this from your perspective basically based on what you have now. From a homeless person’s perspective, I might be filthy rich but does this mean I am happy where I am financially? No. In fact, what I noticed is that, every time I got a raise, some things that were in the “can’t afford it” bracket became “nice to have” and now they have moved to the “must haves” bracket. That’s how the wants and the needs go. If I am to retire now and adjust my lifestyle accordingly, then that will be one hell of an adjustment for me, since I got used to so many things and that’s only because I am still pretty young to retire. Once you grow older, your mindset changes along with it too and you gain new and different perspectives, so your needs might not be as big as they were when you were in your 30s/40s/50s etc.

I guess what I am really trying to say is that, Federer is on a whole different level name, fame and money-wise, so his needs are much bigger than ours and 2 million dollars may seem a lot to us, but to him, it may not mean more $50,000. It’s like comparing apples to oranges when we compare our perspectives to his as far as all those are concerned. Of course, this money he has should be enough for him to get by but we don’t exactly live in that sort of world.  Andy, in fact, in later stages might be interested in making as much money as possible as well.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1396 on: December 06, 2012, 06:32 PM »

Having read Fed's introduction to his youtube it made me want to be physically sick...'.for all my loyal fans.'  That is somewhere I will not be going on.
Re his exhibition payments in South America...I just find him a greedy so and so, and he certainly isn't playing there for his fans but for himself, but his fans will believe he's playing there for them and not for the money, poor deluded creatures.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1397 on: December 06, 2012, 07:15 PM »

But Federer became a player first and only after that, he’s started making fans. He can't just go out and ask for money and attention. No one will give it to him just like that. Even now he can't demand money like that. The underlying truth is, it's his fans and people who are perfectly willing to spend that much money to see Federer. It is pretty much like whatever sells. Federer has taken himself to a highly valued product first and now, he's simply cashing in.

The simple fact is, if no one pays to see those exo matches, he won't make ANY money. So as I see it, it's a two way street. Blame also those dumb ***** as well who are perfectly willing to pay for some exo matches, where they could easily opt for something much better, something that involves doing good to others. Let’s not make the rich even richer.

I’d pay too when it comes to Andy, but only a small amount if it’s just an exo but if the money is going strictly to charity, then I won’t mind paying much more, so it all depends on those conditions.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1398 on: December 06, 2012, 07:24 PM »

But Federer became a player first and only after that, he’s started making fans. He can't just go out and ask for money and attention. No one will give it to him just like that. Even now he can't demand money like that. The underlying truth is, it's his fans and people who are perfectly willing to spend that much money to see Federer. It is pretty much like whatever sells. Federer has taken himself to a highly valued product first and now, he's simply cashing in.

The simple fact is, if no one pays to see those exo matches, he won't make ANY money. So as I see it, it's a two way street. Blame also those dumb f**ks as well who are perfectly willing to pay for some exo matches, where they could easily opt for something much better, something that involves doing good to others. Let’s not make the rich even richer.

I’d pay too when it comes to Andy, but only a small amount if it’s just an exo but if the money is going strictly to charity, then I won’t mind paying much more, so it all depends on those conditions.

Sorry don't agree with you. Fed uses his popularity, milks it. He will not be playing in Basel because he demanded too much money. Anyway I won't be saying anymore on Fed, so you needn't reply EJ.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1399 on: December 06, 2012, 07:35 PM »

Federer is very popular because he's a great tennis player. If he doesn’t have any talent, there’s nothing to sell. And nothing to gain.

Some people are of course popular for no reason.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1400 on: December 06, 2012, 07:41 PM »

I agree so many of his fans think he is Mr Wonderful the man is a fraud I think many of his fans would stop supporting him if they knew the kind of person he is.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1401 on: December 07, 2012, 10:36 AM »

Hmmm, who to believe? I saw this mentioned on another forum, and have just checked -

Fed's website:
Roger wins first exhibition
07.12.2012 | Tennis

Roger won the first match of his exhibition Gillette Federer Tour in São Paulo, Brazil today. He defeated Brazil's Thomaz Bellucci 7-5, 3-6, 6-4.

ESPN report:
Federer goes down to Bellucci in Brazil
ESPN staff
December 7, 2012

Roger Federer suffered a first career loss to Thomaz Bellucci in an exhibition match in Sao Paulo on Thursday evening.

The 17-time grand slam winner went down 7-5 3-6 6-4, much to the delight of Bellucci's compatriots in the stands.
Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/182756.html#R1phkeLjbTgx8vZA.99

Even the Fed fans are not impressed!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1402 on: December 07, 2012, 11:15 AM »

Do you think the writer of this has read the original 'Emperor Federer' article?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/roger-federer-hero-or-villain-7922337.html
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1403 on: December 07, 2012, 03:23 PM »

Fed gives advise to youngsters in Brazil after the match - "It's not always about winning".
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1404 on: December 07, 2012, 04:31 PM »

It sounds like Fed lost the exo by this one...

Also it sounds like he intends to play Rio in 2016, so don't count on him retiring any time soon. He'll just cut back the schedule...

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tennis/federer-to-cut-back-on-playing-schedule-20121207-2b17u.html
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1405 on: December 08, 2012, 08:53 AM »

On clay? In 4 years time? He wishes Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1406 on: December 08, 2012, 10:17 AM »

I thought the Olympics in 2016 was going to be on hard?
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1407 on: December 08, 2012, 12:34 PM »

He must be living in cloud cuckoo land. If he thinks he is going to win against a lot younger player who will be faster and will run him off his feet he is dreaming.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1408 on: December 08, 2012, 12:56 PM »

He can't realistically be expecting to win the Olympics in 2016 - he knows his best chances for winning are behind him (2004 was a big opportunity missed when he was at his peak). I imagine he's set this target just to stop the journalists constantly asking about when he's going to retire. He doesn't strike me as a player who'd still want to stick around if he slipped out of the top 10, so a lot will depend on how the next few years go for him results-wise.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1409 on: December 08, 2012, 10:49 PM »

Fed gives advise to youngsters in Brazil after the match - "It's not always about winning".
Especially when you're playing against me! LOL!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 ... 104 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »