Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Columns  >  Emperor Federer and the naked truth 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 104 Go Down Reply
Author

Emperor Federer and the naked truth

(Read 27396 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1410 on: December 09, 2012, 01:37 AM »

Just watched the end of the Fed/Tsonga exho match in Sao Paulo, which Fed won 7-6, 6-3.  Fed's attempts at being funny were totally pukesworthy, but the fans lapped it up anyway.  He just can't do it.  Put him on a court and that "I must win this" streak stands out a mile which makes his attempts at playing the clown all the more pathetic.  Tsonga can be very amusing but Fed was always centre stage.

And he gets paid a total of £5m for this six match tour. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1411 on: December 09, 2012, 02:03 AM »

Fed dancing was okay, but the other **** he did was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I gurantee that this fed gilette tour will become permanent though.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1412 on: December 09, 2012, 02:22 AM »

I've no doubt it will.  It's a nice little earner and it seems that Fed has huge support in S. America.  I wonder though if Gillette will choose a different part of the world each year?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1413 on: December 09, 2012, 02:24 AM »

Could chose a different part of the world I guess but south america is a big money earner .
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1414 on: December 09, 2012, 02:58 AM »

And the Olympics are being held in Rio in 2016, so that would be good publicity for them.

Anyway earlier I watched Ivanisevic vs Henman (which Timbo won in the CTB) at the Royal Albert Hall.  Absolutely no comparison when it comes to tennis + comedy entertainment.  Like Bahrami, Goran is a natural clown.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1415 on: December 09, 2012, 07:19 AM »

Was thrilled when Goran won Wimbledon. Just loved him. Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1416 on: December 09, 2012, 03:36 PM »

I remember that so well. I've got the DVD of the match. The thing I remember so well was that the crowd was so loud, it being a Monday final. It was lovely to see Goran get his major at last, although I often wonder what might have happened if Tim had won that semi.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1417 on: December 09, 2012, 05:19 PM »

I remember that so well. I've got the DVD of the match. The thing I remember so well was that the crowd was so loud, it being a Monday final. It was lovely to see Goran get his major at last, although I often wonder what might have happened if Tim had won that semi.
Me too - it just felt like that it was Tim's time, though Pat Rafter would've been a tough opponent anyway. I was gutted when Tim lost that semi - I was on holiday at the time, watching from the apartment. Wish the rain hadn't come at the wrong time! I wonder if things would have played out differently today, with the roof on?

But at the same time, I couldn't help but be happy for Goran that he finally won Wimbledon after being in finals before. Loved the loud crowd too. And him winning Wimbledon as a wildcard was a fairytale ending. Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1418 on: December 10, 2012, 05:45 PM »

I thought you don't like that brand of tennis.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1419 on: December 11, 2012, 09:46 AM »

^ But loved Goran, such a gr8 guy and "fairy tale endings" are splendid, so making an exception.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1420 on: December 11, 2012, 01:46 PM »

From @tennisreporters:
Federer to @staffsky on meeting Brazilian fans: Some 'collapsed in tears. Was amazing how many were shaking, had great joy & began 2 cry...
...so I take [them] practically in [my] arms and had to say: It's okay, it's okay.' Glad they got to see me,probably a certain euphoria"

------
It's sometimes hard to tell whether it's Fed or PseudoFed talking!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1421 on: December 11, 2012, 02:12 PM »

Me too - it just felt like that it was Tim's time, though Pat Rafter would've been a tough opponent anyway. I was gutted when Tim lost that semi - I was on holiday at the time, watching from the apartment. Wish the rain hadn't come at the wrong time! I wonder if things would have played out differently today, with the roof on?

But at the same time, I couldn't help but be happy for Goran that he finally won Wimbledon after being in finals before. Loved the loud crowd too. And him winning Wimbledon as a wildcard was a fairytale ending. Smile

The key stat about that Wimbledon semi was that Henman took a 9-0 winning H2H record over Goran into it. That tells me he was never going to win the tourney.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1422 on: December 11, 2012, 02:35 PM »

The key stat about that Wimbledon semi was that Henman took a 9-0 winning H2H record over Goran into it. That tells me he was never going to win the tourney.

That's a good point - really Tim should have won that semi with his dominant record over Goran. It was the best chance he'd had for years, with no Pete Sampas standing in his way. The rain delay definitely didn't help but perhaps Tim still wouldn't have won anyway - it was very close all the way through apart from the bagel set that Tim won (really thought he was going to win at that stage!)
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1423 on: December 11, 2012, 03:40 PM »

From @tennisreporters:
Federer to @staffsky on meeting Brazilian fans: Some 'collapsed in tears. Was amazing how many were shaking, had great joy & began 2 cry...
...so I take [them] practically in [my] arms and had to say: It's okay, it's okay.' Glad they got to see me,probably a certain euphoria"

------
It's sometimes hard to tell whether it's Fed or PseudoFed talking!

I'm not sure - was that really Fed?  If so, he sounds more and more like Pseudofed every day!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1424 on: December 11, 2012, 04:05 PM »

Did he really say that? This part " Glad they got to see me,probably a certain euphoria"" is straight out of PF, except the "M" on me isn't capitalized.  :p
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 104 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »