Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Columns  >  Emperor Federer and the naked truth 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 104 Go Down Reply
Author

Emperor Federer and the naked truth

(Read 27267 times)
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1425 on: December 11, 2012, 04:17 PM »

"“It is important that I’m not omnipresent, especially in Switzerland,” Federer said. “I don’t want to have Federer-overkill and therefore I say: less is more.”" Sounds so funny... lmao

http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/12/fans-break-down-tears-when-meeting-federer/45666/#.UMdcHZjN45Q
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1426 on: December 11, 2012, 04:23 PM »

How absolutely yuk! I hope he realizes that it is a very long fall from the high place he has put himself.
It is hard to believe that anyone could say the things Fed says about himself and what goes on around him. Thank God for our down to earth, humble man we have in Andy.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1427 on: December 11, 2012, 06:18 PM »

"“It is important that I’m not omnipresent, especially in Switzerland,” Federer said. “I don’t want to have Federer-overkill and therefore I say: less is more.”" Sounds so funny... lmao

http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/12/fans-break-down-tears-when-meeting-federer/45666/#.UMdcHZjN45Q

In an interview with Tages Anzeiger, Roger Federer discusses how overwhelmed certain Brazilian fans have been when meeting him on his current exhibition tour of the country.

“I met more fans that collapsed in tears than elsewhere,” he said. “It was amazing how many were shaking, had great joy and began to cry, so I take to practically take them in [my arms] and had to say: ‘It’s okay, it’s okay.’ I’m sure they are glad to see me, it’s probably a certain euphoria…I have to constantly remind myself again about where I come from, and tell myself who I am. I also like the normal life still - back to reality, family, friends, just quiet, please. And then, sure, sometimes I dip into the other incredible life I have.”

^^^I don't blame Federer. More often than not he only plays his tennis. I don't think he particularly advertises himself to be very popular unlike some other athletes. Definitely doesn’t want to come off as some sort of hunk or something.

It's the people I wonder about. I never get worshipping anyway but what makes them to go to this very low level where they are almost certain Federer and some others are like God. Such mediocrity. No wonder why it only takes a few people to rule the planet.

IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1428 on: December 11, 2012, 08:41 PM »

From @tennisreporters:
Federer to @staffsky on meeting Brazilian fans: Some 'collapsed in tears. Was amazing how many were shaking, had great joy & began 2 cry...
...so I take [them] practically in [my] arms and had to say: It's okay, it's okay.' Glad they got to see me,probably a certain euphoria"  

------
It's sometimes hard to tell whether it's Fed or PseudoFed talking!

If genuine, its quite scary that he has this messianic vision of himself, and even more egotistical that he should wish to publicise it. He has a hard time coming if this is really him.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1429 on: December 12, 2012, 10:22 AM »

Pippa Middleton,writing in the Spectator magazine this week,has THIS to say about his GOATness...

"Will Andy Murray win Wimbledon?I hope he does-even though I remain devoted to Roger Federer...a man that exudes so much grace and beauty that he inspires anybody with a pulse."

Unbelievable.Now,to be fair,I've only seen that quote,not the whole article,so it's possible she says more than that,but still!
[ Last edit by xxdanixx December 12, 2012, 10:30 AM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1430 on: December 12, 2012, 12:04 PM »

"Will Andy Murray win Wimbledon?I hope he does-even though I remain devoted to Roger Federer...a man that exudes so much grace and beauty that he inspires anybody with a pulse."

Dear God, I think I feel sick! There's also something vaguely pervy about this.

I didn't have an opinion either way about Ms. Middleton before, but now I do. Silly cow.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1431 on: December 12, 2012, 12:07 PM »

Pippa Middleton,writing in the Spectator magazine this week,has THIS to say about his GOATness...

Unbelievable.Now,to be fair,I've only seen that quote,not the whole article,so it's possible she says more than that,but still!
  I set absolutely no store by the opinions of someone who's only famous for being connected and  thinks that tartan dressing epitomises a Scottish dining experience. I utterly discount her and her set and although he would never let it be known I'm pretty sure Andy would too.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1432 on: December 12, 2012, 12:44 PM »

Wow! I knew she was a Fed fan but didn't know she was that much of a fan! With that kind of comment, she should head down to RF.com right now. Wink
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1433 on: December 12, 2012, 01:30 PM »

I set absolutely no store by the opinions of someone who's only famous for being connected and  thinks that tartan dressing epitomises a Scottish dining experience. I utterly discount her and her set and although he would never let it be known I'm pretty sure Andy would too.

Hear, hear. Can't stand people who are famous for no reason. But is it any surprise that a person like her sees Federer as "a man that exudes so much grace and beauty that he inspires anybody with a pulse."?

Federer, on the other hand, has always done the opposite for me. He “inspired” me to go away from tennis, my favourite sport in the world, for a while. 

I honestly can’t wait for his retirement so that I won’t have to read comments like the above one anymore.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1434 on: December 12, 2012, 01:33 PM »

Wow! I knew she was a Fed fan but didn't know she was that much of a fan! With that kind of comment, she should head down to RF.com right now. Wink

Actually that's how it goes with Federer fans anyway. I know no Federer fan who's not that much of a fan. They all are, more or less, to the fanatic’s level.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1435 on: December 12, 2012, 01:40 PM »

Actually that's how it goes with Federer fans anyway. I know no Federer fan who's not that much of a fan. They all are, more or less, to the fanatic’s level.

I'd disagree with you a bit there.I know a lot of the Fed fans-especially the ones we'd come across commenting online and making nasty comments about Andy etc -would seem to be quite fanatical,but that definitely doesn't mean they all are!

One of my closest friends is a big Federer fan,just like I'm a huge Andy fan.Sure,she's a big fan of his tennis and all that-but she's far too level-headed to be called "fanatical" about him-and while she might be a huge fan,you'd NEVER catch anything like Pippa's rubbish coming out of her mouth!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1436 on: December 12, 2012, 02:04 PM »

I'd disagree with you a bit there.I know a lot of the Fed fans-especially the ones we'd come across commenting online and making nasty comments about Andy etc -would seem to be quite fanatical,but that definitely doesn't mean they all are!

One of my closest friends is a big Federer fan,just like I'm a huge Andy fan.Sure,she's a big fan of his tennis and all that-but she's far too level-headed to be called "fanatical" about him-and while she might be a huge fan,you'd NEVER catch anything like Pippa's rubbish coming out of her mouth!

Does she post on forums? Because typically that’s what brings out the fanatic side of anyone when they read something negative about their favourite people. If she still doesn't react, then she might just be an exception. The support for Federer is on the fanatical level because typically that's how the worshipping goes as far as he’s concerned. I've dealt with many Federer fans already and haven't really seen any true exception, but of course, that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. For example, older people might be a bit more level headed in their support and I don’t mean Wade.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1437 on: December 12, 2012, 02:11 PM »

My Scottish/British friend here supports Federer first and then Andy. Personally I don’t see anything wrong with it, but she herself admitted that when it comes to Federer, no way in hell she’s going to support anyone else no matter what the situation is. That was after the Olympics and she was simply gutted after Federer lost the final to Andy. And she does not watch tennis on a regular basis; however, she loves to watch Federer whenever she can. In other words, she simply watches tennis because of Federer.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1438 on: December 12, 2012, 02:18 PM »

For example, older people might be a bit more level headed in their support and I don’t mean Wade.

roflmao roflmao roflmao Just brilliant.I don't think Wade could ever be accused of being level-headed in her support hahaha!

No,as far as I know she doesn't post on forums,though come to think of it I've never asked her does she!However,I'm just talking in terms of being a fan,and seeing as I know her for many years now,I do know her reactions to situations!

She's a big,big fan of his,always has been,but she wouldn't buy into the "Federer and his fans can do no wrong" rubbish.For example,the night of the horrible WTF match,she couldn't watch the match herself,as she had to cram for an exam the next morning.I was chatting to her afterwards to let her know how it went.Her pleasure at the fact that Fed won disappeared when she heard how badly Andy had been treated-she was horrified at the situation.Not as an Andy fan,as a Federer fan,and in fact just as a person,she thought it was all wrong.

Anyway,I was just using my friend as one example,because I know her.My point was that while I do agree that many of the Federer fans are quite fanatical and worshipful,I don't think it's really fair of us to tar them all with the same brush!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1439 on: December 12, 2012, 02:38 PM »

I am probably generalizing a bit much but typically that’s the norm with Federer fans. You just have to press the right button to see the true reaction about their beloved player. As I’ve mentioned before, my doctor friend is very level headed typically, but when it comes to Federer, I don’t feel I know him anymore. We had quite a few arguments over the years and it’s something that makes me fall out of my friendship with him from time to time. But to be fair, he’s been only very cruel to me (lol) a couple of times when the argument got out of control, but he quickly realized it and apologized right after. Typically he’s very respectful of my opinion but he did try to brainwash me whenever he could with the Fed stuff. It was so important for him that I liked Federer to the point that he had to tell me at one point that, if I were a Federer fan, he would have married me right away, since he already likes me very much but that’s one thing that’s keeping him from doing so. Do you detect the fanaticism there? I told him I shouldn’t be a choice to him between Federer and myself. He, in return, told me not to take this to a level where he’d have no other choice but to choose. Federer strikes me as evil so that would have been a very big compromise.  I’d rather he comes to his senses. As a result, we are taking a break from each other right now. lololol. I do like him otherwise very much.

She seems like a very nice person, your friend. Too bad though that she likes a player like Federer.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 104 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »