Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Columns  >  Emperor Federer and the naked truth 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 ... 104 Go Down Reply
Author

Emperor Federer and the naked truth

(Read 27375 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1440 on: December 12, 2012, 02:51 PM »

Um,WOW.No offense to your friend,I'm sure he's a nice person,but yeah,I see what you mean by fanatical in his case,because that REALLY is!

I don't disagree with you entirely,because I'm WELL aware of how worshipped Federer is,and I've seen many,many example of fanatacism when it comes to him.I just think that surely my friend can't be the only non-blindly-worshipping Federer fan out there!Surely there are more like her-big fans,but not seeing Fed as a God who deserves all the worship in the world!I do think,though,that (well,obviously really) it's the fanatacism we hear about much more-unfortunately,thats always the way,isn't it?You hear much more about the extremes of anything rather than the more balanced middle-and not just when it comes to Federer fans,I'm talking most things really!

Yeah,she's a great person,and in lots of other things our tastes are very similar,so there are times I just think "HOW can you be a fan of his?" when I see some rubbish that's come out of his mouth or whatever,and it can make talking tennis a bit difficult at times-for example, whenever Andy and Fed play each other one us is always left disappointed after match point!But,you know,she's a lovely girl,and really we're all entitled to admire/be a fan of whoever we want!It's his tennis that made her a fan anyway,and as much as I don't like the man personally,I can acknowledge that he plays some wonderful tennis.I'd take Andy's over his any day,of course,but I just mean that I know she's not one of those glory-hunter "I'll be fan of Fed because he's the GOAT" fans.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1441 on: December 12, 2012, 04:46 PM »

I am probably generalizing a bit much but typically that’s the norm with Federer fans. You just have to press the right button to see the true reaction about their beloved player. As I’ve mentioned before, my doctor friend is very level headed typically, but when it comes to Federer, I don’t feel I know him anymore. We had quite a few arguments over the years and it’s something that makes me fall out of my friendship with him from time to time. But to be fair, he’s been only very cruel to me (lol) a couple of times when the argument got out of control, but he quickly realized it and apologized right after. Typically he’s very respectful of my opinion but he did try to brainwash me whenever he could with the Fed stuff. It was so important for him that I liked Federer to the point that he had to tell me at one point that, if I were a Federer fan, he would have married me right away, since he already likes me very much but that’s one thing that’s keeping him from doing so. Do you detect the fanaticism there? I told him I shouldn’t be a choice to him between Federer and myself. He, in return, told me not to take this to a level where he’d have no other choice but to choose. Federer strikes me as evil so that would have been a very big compromise.  I’d rather he comes to his senses. As a result, we are taking a break from each other right now. lololol. I do like him otherwise very much.

She seems like a very nice person, your friend. Too bad though that she likes a player like Federer.

Way too much information, Imagine!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1442 on: December 12, 2012, 05:30 PM »

Um,WOW.No offense to your friend,I'm sure he's a nice person,but yeah,I see what you mean by fanatical in his case,because that REALLY is!

I don't disagree with you entirely,because I'm WELL aware of how worshipped Federer is,and I've seen many,many example of fanatacism when it comes to him.I just think that surely my friend can't be the only non-blindly-worshipping Federer fan out there!Surely there are more like her-big fans,but not seeing Fed as a God who deserves all the worship in the world!I do think,though,that (well,obviously really) it's the fanatacism we hear about much more-unfortunately,thats always the way,isn't it?You hear much more about the extremes of anything rather than the more balanced middle-and not just when it comes to Federer fans,I'm talking most things really!

Yeah,she's a great person,and in lots of other things our tastes are very similar,so there are times I just think "HOW can you be a fan of his?" when I see some rubbish that's come out of his mouth or whatever,and it can make talking tennis a bit difficult at times-for example, whenever Andy and Fed play each other one us is always left disappointed after match point!But,you know,she's a lovely girl,and really we're all entitled to admire/be a fan of whoever we want!It's his tennis that made her a fan anyway,and as much as I don't like the man personally,I can acknowledge that he plays some wonderful tennis.I'd take Andy's over his any day,of course,but I just mean that I know she's not one of those glory-hunter "I'll be fan of Fed because he's the GOAT" fans.

Of course, the relationship was not as serious and there were other issues as well but I figured he would have wanted to sit down with someone and watch Federer's matches with someone who equally appreciates Federer, you know what I mean? I don’t think he’d be equally interested in seeing Andy as much I watch him whenever I can.

And I am sure not all Federer fans are fanatics but the ones who aren’t fall under the minority group like your friend. Some people are simply too nice to see what’s beyond a personality and some or a lot perhaps, when they like someone, they tend to overlook flaws even when they can be quite dangerous.

As you can see, Federer’s last few comments are kind of eerie…his fans worship him so much that he’s gone to the absolute delusional level where he pretty much thinks he’s omnipotent etc. He and his fans should know that he’s not above us and we are not beneath him.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1443 on: December 12, 2012, 05:31 PM »

Way too much information, Imagine!

Well, it's not exactly a serious relationship so I don't mind sharing.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1444 on: December 18, 2012, 09:43 AM »

More cracks in the Stan/Fed friendship over Davis Cup:

Stanislas Wawrinka is preparing for the upcoming Davis Cup tie against the defending champion Czech Republic. In an interview on Sports.ch, the Swiss talked about the forfeit of Roger Federer from the tie.

“Roger keeps on saying that Davis Cup is important to him, but clearly it’s not. At the end of the day, tennis is an individual sport and it’s fair that everyone looks at his own career, but I understood his decisions more in the past than now. Apparently, to him, Davis Cup is not yet that important; I’m sorry he turns things as he pleases.”

Wawrinka then spoke about his own love for the team: “Even if the results don't always come, I gave my best for this team. To me, it has always been a funny experience. I don’t know if Roger will change his mind, I don’t kid my self about it, because I’m not that naïve as he apparently thinks.”

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Wawrinka-criticizes-Roger-Federer-He-turns-things-how-he-wants-them-articolo7352.html
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1445 on: December 18, 2012, 10:52 AM »

More cracks in the Stan/Fed friendship over Davis Cup:

Stanislas Wawrinka is preparing for the upcoming Davis Cup tie against the defending champion Czech Republic. In an interview on Sports.ch, the Swiss talked about the forfeit of Roger Federer from the tie.

“Roger keeps on saying that Davis Cup is important to him, but clearly it’s not. At the end of the day, tennis is an individual sport and it’s fair that everyone looks at his own career, but I understood his decisions more in the past than now. Apparently, to him, Davis Cup is not yet that important; I’m sorry he turns things as he pleases.”

Wawrinka then spoke about his own love for the team: “Even if the results don't always come, I gave my best for this team. To me, it has always been a funny experience. I don’t know if Roger will change his mind, I don’t kid my self about it, because I’m not that naïve as he apparently thinks.”

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Wawrinka-criticizes-Roger-Federer-He-turns-things-how-he-wants-them-articolo7352.html
  Wow! Not so much a crack as a break in diplomatic relations. Powerful stuff.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1446 on: December 18, 2012, 01:52 PM »

Actually that's how it goes with Federer fans anyway. I know no Federer fan who's not that much of a fan. They all are, more or less, to the fanatic’s level.

I had never actually thought about this but yeah, it seems to be like that... Think
People who I know feel offended very easily when I start insulting him.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1447 on: December 18, 2012, 02:22 PM »

Wow! Not so much a crack as a break in diplomatic relations. Powerful stuff.
Yeah it really is. It all seemed to fall apart (not surprisingly) when Fed appeared to put the blame on Stan for their 1st round Davis Cup loss this year, even though he lost his singles match too!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1448 on: December 18, 2012, 02:39 PM »

oops...poor old Wawa, not feeling the lerve any more Wink
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1449 on: December 18, 2012, 07:58 PM »

Good for Stan it must feel terrible to feel you are just there to make up the numbers.It is time Smugfed had a good hard look at himself and saw that he is nothing special. He should be told so to his face that no one is indespensible. Maybe this would allow all the puffed up wind out od his system.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1450 on: December 18, 2012, 10:09 PM »

Oh, Stan's courting controversy! Eeeps!  Whistle
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1451 on: December 18, 2012, 10:12 PM »

Stan the man!
IP Logged
Tess
Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1452 on: December 18, 2012, 10:39 PM »

You are a very weird and misguided person who seems to be very frustrated himself. Roger is and allways Will be the greatest and is without a doubt a true gentleman. Yes, hè knows he is good and that he has archieved a lot. He is not falsely modest. He has earned the right to be proud of his achievements!! He is beautiful, graceful, giving, elegant, forgiving, loving, faithful, loyal, true, hardworking, funny, intelligent and so much more. And sure, he Will also have some flaws in his character, but they are nothing compared to his assets!!! 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1453 on: December 18, 2012, 10:55 PM »

You are a very weird and misguided person who seems to be very frustrated himself. Roger is and allways Will be the greatest and is without a doubt a true gentleman. Yes, hè knows he is good and that he has archieved a lot. He is not falsely modest. He has earned the right to be proud of his achievements!! He is beautiful, graceful, giving, elegant, forgiving, loving, faithful, loyal, true, hardworking, funny, intelligent and so much more. And sure, he Will also have some flaws in his character, but they are nothing compared to his assets!!! 

roflmao
IP Logged
Tess
Re: Emperor Federer and the naked truth « Reply #1454 on: December 18, 2012, 11:00 PM »

You are really taking things completely out of context. This way you can make everybody look arrogant, even the "i allways pretend i am so humble Rafael Nadal". Terrible article. Terrible writing. So biased. It's pathetic because you should try to write objective. 10 times fans favorite, 8 times Stefan edberg award from his peers, his fellow players. Do you really think he would get those if your article was true? I DON'T think so pal. I recommend you find something else to do. Something you know something about.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 ... 104 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »