Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Death in the Family 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Death in the Family

(Read 1672 times)
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Death in the Family « on: May 25, 2006, 12:02 AM »

Mark could you please delete Devon's account? He died yesterday in a car accident on the way back from the tennis courts... stupid 18 wheelers!
IP Logged
arka
Re: Death in the Family « Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 12:15 AM »

A stupid question, did he ever exist?
IP Logged
arka
Re: Death in the Family « Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 12:24 AM »

I have given my reasons in a PM.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Death in the Family « Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 02:25 AM »

Mark could you please delete Devon's account? He died yesterday in a car accident on the way back from the tennis courts... stupid 18 wheelers!

Sorry, I would only consider doing that if it was a direct request from the account owner.
[ Last edit by Mark May 25, 2006, 02:27 AM ] IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Death in the Family « Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 11:02 AM »

I don't know a user called Devon. Did you know him, David? Or what's going on?
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Death in the Family « Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 11:51 AM »

Sorry, I would only consider doing that if it was a direct request from the account owner.

Are you kidding me? Someone who isn't here anymore can't request that. However I do understand your point of view.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Death in the Family « Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 12:34 PM »

I know now, Bev told me. I'm so sorry.
IP Logged
Penaino Baker
Satellite Level

Viva Le Fleming !!!

Re: Death in the Family « Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 12:36 PM »

David, death isn't really a suitable subject to joke about.

Just because you want your brother's account deleted, if you do actually have a brother...
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Death in the Family « Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 12:59 PM »

Are you kidding me? Someone who isn't here anymore can't request that. However I do understand your point of view.

I don't see what you're surprised about, it seems pretty obvious why that's the policy here.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Death in the Family « Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 01:00 PM »

How can someone who died, ask you to delete his account?? That's just bulldog.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Death in the Family « Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 01:06 PM »

You're missing the point of my post. I was outlining the only way an account can be considered for deletion by request for personal reasons. I wasn't suggesting someone who is deceased asks for their account to be deleted.

The famous Yahoo Mail case is a good example. There was a soldier who died in battle and the family wanted to read his emails much like you might read the person's diary. The family lost the court case, rightfully so, and his in-box was kept private.

Yahoo probably said something like "Sorry, only the account owner can allow you access to his account". I don't think Yahoo would be suggesting that the man should come back from the dead, they were simply pointing out their very fair and sensible policy.
[ Last edit by Mark May 25, 2006, 01:07 PM ] IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Death in the Family « Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 01:08 PM »

Okay, that's reasonable, but deleting someone's account isn't violating that person's privacy, is it? I was just saying, if in fact Devond is dead, it's really hard for David to see that the account is still there. Just saying.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Death in the Family « Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 01:16 PM »

Okay, that's reasonable, but deleting someone's account isn't violating that person's privacy, is it? I was just saying, if in fact Devond is dead, it's really hard for David to see that the account is still there. Just saying.

It could be worse than breaching someone's privacy, it could be deleting an innocent user's account based on a prank. I'm not suggesting this is the case but there is obviously always potential for that.

sorry mark... i guess it was a little stupid for me to ask...

That's okay...
[ Last edit by Mark May 25, 2006, 01:18 PM ] IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Death in the Family « Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 01:18 PM »

Okay, I understand, sorry.
IP Logged
Penaino Baker
Satellite Level

Viva Le Fleming !!!

Re: Death in the Family « Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 01:21 PM »

Why would i be kidding?

I don't know why you would want to make out that your brother had died  but if your brother had died, unless you hated him, you wouldn't talk about his death in such a jokey manner, eg when you described his death in your 1st post of this thread "bloody 18 wheelers."

Also, if you'd lost a family member that close, you wouldn't have been on here last night or this morning [GMT].Surely, the last thing you'd feel like doing would be talking about Andy Murray and cursing that Boggo and Bally had lost in FO qualies - those things wouldn't seem to matter.

IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »