Andy Murray vs Santiago Giraldo, Sunday, 4:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Dodgey new users
Pages: [1] 2 Reply

Dodgey new users

Anyone else noticed the number of new users with dosgey usernames and email addresses from gaweb.com? For instance SexAngel777
IP Logged

God, I hate people who have to act like that with such names. FAKE and no interest in Andy Murrays whatsoever.
IP Logged
arka

Its 'dodgy'. wink

Most such people are time wasters. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged

Looked up Gaweb, doesn't seem to be a legitimate email provider.

Ban Name: GaWeb.com
Added: August 15, 2006
Expires: Never

Ban Trigger, email: *@gawab.com
IP Logged
arka

Well done Mark. goodjob
IP Logged

shades
IP Logged

And what do they actually gain from registering on multiple websites? Rolling Eyes
[ Last edit by Sir Panda November 22, 2006, 06:39 PM ] IP Logged

they joined my smf they are spam bots
IP Logged

And my forum as well. Guy with axe
IP Logged

Looked up Gaweb, doesn't seem to be a legitimate email provider.

Ban Name: GaWeb.com
Added: August 15, 2006
Expires: Never

Ban Trigger, email: *@gawab.com

Should it not be "*@gaweb.com" not gawAb.com ???
IP Logged

No, @gawab.com is right, it's the ban name that Mark's put in wrong.
IP Logged

Mark, when you register to the forum, do you get asked to type the code above? As in "L H J 6 K" and the user needs to type it in the space below to check if it's a real person and not a robot. Can't that help against the new users that aren't real or are just spam robots?
Stupid question probably, but... I don't care.
IP Logged
arka

Yep, I was thinking about the same thing, preventing automated registration processes.
IP Logged

I also agree - infact that feature is added in the next update of this board software. I've customised this board quite a lot on a code level but if upgrading to the next version isn't much of a problem then I'll go ahead and do that when it is released which will be very soon.
IP Logged

As in "L H J 6 K" and the user needs to type it in the space below to check if it's a real person and not a robot.
Somebody on b3ta invented the perfect anti bot registration thingy... there are 9 pictures of animals, and you have to click three kittens Smile
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Reply