Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Forums hidden 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Forums hidden

(Read 432 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Forums hidden « on: March 23, 2006, 09:30 AM »

Am I alone in finding that, with the new site layout, important topics are being hidden? Before, forum topics appeared in the Recent Topics box according to when they were last posted into. This meant that, say, a live Murray match would be top of the Recent Topics and easy to find.

Now, the Recent Topics seems completely random and you have have to hunt through the forums to find what you want.

Evidence that this is not good is that, for last night's match against Wawrinka, we had only about six comments posted during the match on this thread. This compares with about 16 pages during the pre-site-update days.

Also, brand-new topis like this one don't get an initial airing and have to be hunted for if they are to be seen.

Come on, Mark. We've lost something here and it's affecting my interest in the site.

(Although this will never be read, as no-one will be able to find it.)
IP Logged
richie c
Futures Level

Re: Forums hidden « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 09:37 AM »

I ABSOLUTLY AGREE WITH U GRABCOPY
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Forums hidden « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 10:22 AM »

Thanks for telling me about this Grabcopy.

I'm shocked I failed to notice this before but you're right, important topics were being hidden, in fact all topics from the 'Andy Murray' section were.

This is now fixed and also threads from the Feedback, News, Submit News and Your Photos have been filtered out to make sure that the important threads get more exposure.

[ Last edit by Mark March 23, 2006, 10:37 AM ] IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Forums hidden « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 06:35 PM »

Evidence that this is not good is that, for last night's match against Wawrinka, we had only about six comments posted during the match on this thread. This compares with about 16 pages during the pre-site-update days.

Not sure it's all down to the site update, there was hardly anyone online during the match.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Forums hidden « Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 06:40 PM »

Not sure it's all down to the site update, there was hardly anyone online during the match.

Yeah, I think the poor activity is related to Andy's lack of success recently.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: Forums hidden « Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 06:56 PM »

yeah. during san jose the activity increased by a huge amount each round
IP Logged
arka
Re: Forums hidden « Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 07:32 PM »

Er... I am a bit to blame. Was not online for yesterdays match....... fell asleep. Never happened before.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: Forums hidden « Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 10:18 PM »

but there were less ppl than even before u joined
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

Re: Forums hidden « Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 06:23 PM »

Er... I am a bit to blame. Was not online for yesterdays match....... fell asleep. Never happened before.

If its a late night match in week chances are that i cannot be online as i have to get up early for work in morning sorry but the rest of the time i do try and make it
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Forums hidden « Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 08:51 AM »

There will probably be more people on here towards the summer.. firstly because it's Queens/Wimbledon and more people will be interested in who this wee lad is.. and secondly.. for the people that have school/college/work (which is most of us) the matches will be in the day time/evenings so it will be easier for people to follow the matches here.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »