Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat?
Yes - 6 (46.2%)
No - 6 (46.2%)
Another board needs dealing with instead. - 1 (7.7%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat?

(Read 637 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « on: January 10, 2007, 12:10 AM »

Scotsman's idea... there are quite a lot of boards at the moment, should Playground be semi-sacrificed?
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 12:12 AM »

Dont blame me!!!!

Could you not just combine them? Do they need to be seperate forums?
[ Last edit by scotsman75 January 10, 2007, 12:14 AM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 12:13 AM »

Dont blame me!!!!
SCOTSMAN'S IDEA!!! ^^
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 01:21 AM »

NO! Leave it as it is. Boards are fine.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 01:25 AM »

Or alternatively. On the Forum Index page, create the following

Andy Murray: News, Murray Talk
General Community: Chit Chat, Tennis Talk, Sports Talk,
Games: Playground, Read-the-Round
Members Only: Your Photos, Introductions
Site Content: Main Content, Feedback/Support (i think this would look better here)

I like the idea of having more sections on the main page, rather than just one massive section and two tiny ones.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 01:44 AM »

Or alternatively. On the Forum Index page, create the following

Andy Murray: News, Murray Talk
General Community: Chit Chat, Tennis Talk, Sports Talk,
Games: Playground, Read-the-Round
Members Only: Your Photos, Introductions
Site Content: Main Content, Feedback/Support (i think this would look better here)

I like the idea of having more sections on the main page, rather than just one massive section and two tiny ones.
Problem with new sections are they stretch the page so people with 1024x resolutions will suffer further probably...
[ Last edit by Mark January 10, 2007, 01:44 AM ] IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 01:56 AM »

I see..... ERM FRONTPAGE ERROR!! WHere;s the menu bar!! (the one on the left)
[ Last edit by nkp2 January 10, 2007, 01:56 AM ] IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 01:59 AM »

Problem with new sections are they stretch the page so people with 1024x resolutions will suffer further probably...
is that this lot: 1024x768: 51.28%

or this lot: 1280x1024: 11.81%

Because if it;s the second lot i;m willing to give it a shot. In fact can we give it a  shot anyway. I think the site would look better. It's up to you obv.

I'm not that bothered how the site is laid out, but i think that my suggestion would suit me. I;m 1280x800 resolution, so i guess i don;t know how it will affect the pic.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 02:06 AM »

I see..... ERM FRONTPAGE ERROR!! WHere;s the menu bar!! (the one on the left)
Just removed the google ad and left some code behind that broke it... should be fine now cheers.
[ Last edit by Mark January 10, 2007, 02:14 AM ] IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 07:08 AM »

Seperate. yes
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 03:23 PM »

I was gonna suggest 1 forum for members only. The 2 seperate omes aren't busy enough.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 04:50 PM »

I was gonna suggest 1 forum for members only. The 2 seperate omes aren't busy enough.
Like now?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 04:52 PM »

Much better, Mark. goodjob Nice suggestion whoever it was. Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 04:53 PM »

This will help new comers because now they see the really important boards clearly Smile
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Make 'Playground' a sub-forum of Chit-Chat? « Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 08:57 PM »

It's a bit different, I like the idea of the members only section, and like u say, it satisfies the most popular screen resolution. Thanks mark.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »