Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  New banner image? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Is it time to update the image of Andy on our banner?
Yes. - 12 (85.7%)
No. - 1 (7.1%)
Unsure. - 1 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author

New banner image?

(Read 3390 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

New banner image? « on: June 25, 2011, 08:09 PM »

We've had that image of Andy on our banner since the start 6 years ago but as one user on Facebook suggested, is it time for an update?

In one respect, it's part of our identity but then again, maybe it makes us look outdated as a website. This is the dilemma.

PLACE YOUR VOTES.
[ Last edit by Mark June 26, 2011, 12:53 PM ] IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 08:21 PM »

Yeah I think it looks amateur but you've always known I think that. Smile
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 08:27 PM »

I have an idea...Just wait a week and a day and we can pop a new one up.  Andy kissing the wimbledon trophy...!

Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 08:30 PM »

Great Idea SG!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 08:38 PM »

We've had that image of Andy on our banner since the start 6 years ago but as one user on Facebook suggested, is it time for an update?

In one respect, it's part of our identity but then again, maybe it makes us look outdated as a website. This is the dilemma.

PLACE YOUR VOTES.

When I brought this up a few months ago, you said it had always been that way and you didn't want to change it.  If you've changed your mind, what would you have instead?  Smile
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 08:38 PM »

Great Idea SG!
yeah i'd second that Caz !!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 08:45 PM »

When I brought this up a few months ago, you said it had always been that way and you didn't want to change it.  If you've changed your mind, what would you have instead?  Smile
I suppose it got to the point where after enough people bring it up, you realise it's something really worth thinking about.

I think based on the colour scheme of the banner and website, we'd need to go for another Andy with white clothing... so probably Wimbledon this year.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 08:45 PM »

IMO you should have three, each reflecting the time of the tennis season (i.e photo of Andy on clay, hard and grass). C'mon Mark, mix it up a bit.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 08:47 PM »

I suppose it got to the point where after enough people bring it up, you realise it's something really worth thinking about.

I think based on the colour scheme of the banner and website, we'd need to go for another Andy with white clothing... so probably Wimbledon this year.

So, you'd prefer to have the same colour scheme?  I can see the merit in that - recognisable.  But, if, at the end of the day, you decide to change it, my vote would be for a clean shaven Andy Murray Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 08:50 PM »

IMO you should have three, each reflecting the time of the tennis season (i.e photo of Andy on clay, hard and grass). C'mon Mark, mix it up a bit.
It might not be that simple as I want it to suit the colour scheme as much as possible. Will have to experiment.

So, you'd prefer to have the same colour scheme?  I can see the merit in that - recognisable.  But, if, at the end of the day, you decide to change it, my vote would be for a clean shaven Andy Murray Smile
Indeed Smile
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 08:56 PM »

It might not be that simple as I want it to suit the colour scheme as much as possible. Will have to experiment.

You can tell a guy made this website, the green is pretty horrific and does not relate to Andy what so ever. It should be blues or navy. :P

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 08:57 PM »

You can tell a guy made this website, the green is pretty horrific and does not relate to Andy what so ever. It should be blues or navy. :P
The green is nice, subconsciously positive, makes us stand out from the crowd and it's Wimbledony.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 10:32 PM »

I've been thinking the site is ready for a refresh for some time. It could look a bit more dynamic, use more images, a fresh colour scheme, maybe some video on the home page. You up for all that, Mark?
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 10:34 PM »

Get crackin' on it, Mark. Wink
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 10:56 PM »

I've been thinking the site is ready for a refresh for some time. It could look a bit more dynamic, use more images, a fresh colour scheme, maybe some video on the home page. You up for all that, Mark?
No, not really.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »