Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  New banner image? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Is it time to update the image of Andy on our banner?
Yes. - 12 (85.7%)
No. - 1 (7.1%)
Unsure. - 1 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author

New banner image?

(Read 3997 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 11:02 PM »

Why are you so reluctant to have more images on the front page? I had this battle with you ages ago and I still don't think you realise how bland it looks. yawn
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 11:16 PM »

I've been thinking the site is ready for a refresh for some time. It could look a bit more dynamic, use more images, a fresh colour scheme, maybe some video on the home page.
Keep it simple, I say.  am.com have tried to be very arty-crafty and it's a confusing mess.

I like the green and I'd settle for an updated picture of Andy - that cap went ages ago - and also can we see his full head, even if it means making the banner a bit broader?  Also it's taken me 18 months to realise the yellow blob in the corner that looks like a firework going off is supposed to be a tennis ball ...

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 11:41 PM »

Why are you so reluctant to have more images on the front page? I had this battle with you ages ago and I still don't think you realise how bland it looks. yawn
Maybe it looks bland to you because you've seen it for 6 years? Change for the sake of change isn't justified here.

And also I do have some concern with trying to be flashy while distracting people from the content.

Can you give an example of some of the graphical changes/additions you would make to our home page?
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 12:29 AM »

As long as there is no flash content it shouldn't distract. Smile

Bigger banner and no fireworks!  Addition of picture thumbnails to the end of news articles. The navigation menu is an eyesore imo, too many links, biography and profile are very similar. You don't need to link to the video there and on the right hand side. Forum should have it's own tab with background photo much like the video tab to make it more noticeable and attractive. Ranking timeline. Countdown to his next tournament.

Basically anything you want but less text. :P
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 12:40 AM »

Maybe it looks bland to you because you've seen it for 6 years? Change for the sake of change isn't justified here.

And also I do have some concern with trying to be flashy while distracting people from the content.

Can you give an example of some of the graphical changes/additions you would make to our home page?

Just needs more images and less text. The design was great back in 05, but it's looking a little flat now.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 12:40 AM »

Some good suggestions although the news thumbnails is a thing the news team would have to do and we would get in trouble with Getty again so don't think that one is plausible.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 12:43 AM »

And using them in the banner is allowed? Rolling Eyes  Not having a go at you, Mark. It's a piss take on their behalf.

I liked how you used to do those thumbnail things for the slams, like a pic of Andy on grass with a link to the forum etc Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 03:46 AM »

I've changed the banner on the home page, hit me up with some feedback peeps.

EDIT: Reverted back.
[ Last edit by Mark June 26, 2011, 01:12 PM ] IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 07:47 AM »

I recall that image along with similar ones for the other top players and didn't care for it at the time - still don't care for it.  Sorry.  Frown
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 08:19 AM »

My daughter added MW to my list of favourites yonks ago, but it opens directly onto the ' MW Discussions', so it's a long time since I've visited the home page.........Still, I've had a look and the image of Andy doesn't portray him as he is now, but the 'fiery raquet' is a great idea!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 08:24 AM »

I actually had a strong feeling you wouldn't like it but if I remember correctly, a lot of people did at time... I hope so anyway.
[ Last edit by Mark June 26, 2011, 08:34 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 08:31 AM »

I very rarely go there search

Not sure about the flames Think but like I say, I don't normally go to that page.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 08:32 AM »

I very rarely go there search

I'm having a big smile, because I seldom go there either and had to stop for a moment and think ... "where is the home page" lol
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 08:33 AM »

I think Scotsgeek's idea of Andy holding a trophy [preferably the Wimbledon one], is a fantastic idea! If we can't have that, [he has to win it first], the Queens Trophy is almost as impressive! I don't care if he's shaven or unshaven!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #29 on: June 26, 2011, 08:34 AM »

I actually had a strong feeling you wouldn't like it but if I remember correctly, a lot of people did at time... I hope so anyway Think

It was an ATP thing (wasn't it ??).  Actually, if that is the case (ATP) would it be allowable to use it?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »