Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  New banner image? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Is it time to update the image of Andy on our banner?
Yes. - 12 (85.7%)
No. - 1 (7.1%)
Unsure. - 1 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author

New banner image?

(Read 3557 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 08:35 AM »

I'm having a big smile, because I seldom go there either and had to stop for a moment and think ... "where is the home page" lol

Had to do a whole new thing to get there lol
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 08:35 AM »

I think Scotsgeek's idea of Andy holding a trophy [preferably the Wimbledon one], is a fantastic idea! If we can't have that, [he has to win it first], the Queens Trophy is almost as impressive! I don't care if he's shaven or unshaven!

I definitely don't think the Queens Trophy would be suitable - it's kind of an "also ran" tournament and would perhaps just emphasise the lack of a slam ??
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 08:36 AM »

Me too Bev! w00t
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 08:38 AM »

But then again Mark, I'm notoriously finicky and difficult to please, so perhaps you should just ignore me ... Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #34 on: June 26, 2011, 08:39 AM »

I definitely don't think the Queens Trophy would be suitable - it's kind of an "also ran" tournament and would perhaps just emphasise the lack of a slam ??
I wouldn't describe it as an 'also ran' at all, but wouldn't disagree the Wimbledon Trophy would be 'tops'!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #35 on: June 26, 2011, 08:39 AM »

It was an ATP thing (wasn't it ??).  Actually, if that is the case (ATP) would it be allowable to use it?
Our previous one wasn't with permission either but we are a fan site, we don't have much choice. Worth noting the Tsonga website has been using the ATP image for years.

EDIT: Added link.
[ Last edit by Mark June 26, 2011, 08:49 AM ] IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #36 on: June 26, 2011, 08:40 AM »

I wouldn't describe it as an 'also ran' at all, but wouldn't disagree the Wimbledon Trophy would be 'tops'!

Compared to the Slams and Masters, it really is.  It also has the image of being just a tune up tournament.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #37 on: June 26, 2011, 08:41 AM »

Our previous one wasn't with permission either but we are a fan site, we don't have much choice. Worth noting the Tsonga website has been using the ATP image for years.

Oh well, that sounds okay then.  I've never visited the Tsonga website ... will go and have a look.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #38 on: June 26, 2011, 08:43 AM »

Is this the Tsonga site Mark?

http://www.jo-wilfriedtsonga.info/

If it is, don't think the pic is truly representative of him at all ... hmmm

Quite tricky, changing the MW banner Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #39 on: June 26, 2011, 08:44 AM »

Compared to the Slams and Masters, it really is.  It also has the image of being just a tune up tournament.
Well, that's your opinion Daisy, but you don't have to keep repeating yourself. I think we all got the message the first time!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #40 on: June 26, 2011, 08:46 AM »

Well, that's your opinion Daisy, but you don't have to keep repeating yourself. I think we all got the message the first time!

No need to get snarky Caz.  Just simmer down and smell the flowers Very Happy

Also, I'm not stating my opinion, I stating facts.  Queens, while beautifully presented is low man on the totem pole - it's only worth 250 points.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #41 on: June 26, 2011, 08:48 AM »

Is this the Tsonga site Mark?

http://www.jo-wilfriedtsonga.info/

If it is, don't think the pic is truly representative of him at all ... hmmm

Quite tricky, changing the MW banner Very Happy
How on earth did you find that awful website? It doesn't come above the one I meant on Google.

It's this: http://www.jowilfriedtsonga.com/
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #42 on: June 26, 2011, 08:51 AM »

How on earth did you find that awful website? It doesn't come above the one I meant on Google.

It's this: http://www.jowilfriedtsonga.com/

I guessed I got it wrong lol

Thanks for the link.  Nah ... don't care for that one either <just ignore me Very Happy>
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #43 on: June 26, 2011, 08:52 AM »

You see, I knew you wouldn't like these sort of modern and energetic photoshopped images because you're quite conservative about a lot of things.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #44 on: June 26, 2011, 08:55 AM »

You see, I knew you wouldn't like these sort of modern and energetic photoshopped images because you're quite reserved about a lot of things.

I'm definitely not in step with some things - just a matter of personal preference.  But then again, I'm very much ahead of the game in other things.  I just have restrained, classical taste ... but, I know you already know this ... you just have to look at my Avatar Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »