Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  New banner image? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Is it time to update the image of Andy on our banner?
Yes. - 12 (85.7%)
No. - 1 (7.1%)
Unsure. - 1 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Reply
Author

New banner image?

(Read 2716 times)
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #60 on: June 26, 2011, 11:20 AM »

Indeed. It's awful. doh  Andy hasn't looked like that for years!

Agreed, it's nowhere near recent enough.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #61 on: June 26, 2011, 12:25 PM »

I think you could do with using more than one photo in the banner and it doesn't necessarily have to be with a racket in hand.  It's a shame you don't want change to navy instead of the ghastly green as it's a big part of his identity. Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #62 on: June 26, 2011, 12:40 PM »

Thanks all, reverted it now... I know the actual image of him was old but thought it had so much energy where the other one had none, so thought it would at least be an improvement.

I'm not sure I agree that blue is a big part of his identity, did you see his Australian Open kit? Blue is just the easy colour everyone can go for.

It really is not easy finding a suitable image for this banner. I will have another go today and hope for feedback again.
[ Last edit by Mark June 26, 2011, 12:47 PM ] IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? Your vote needed. « Reply #63 on: June 26, 2011, 12:54 PM »

I assume with Adidas he has less say in his kit. With Fred Perry he always chose something with Scottish connotations, like his blue saltire sweatband or the duck egg and navy coloured shirts.

I think the whole thing needs a little more character than just man and racket.  Why not incorporate something like this?

* andy1.jpg (60.76 KB, 1000x650 - viewed 39 times.)
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? « Reply #64 on: June 26, 2011, 12:56 PM »

Interesting idea there... although something makes me feel uncomfortable with not seeing him front ways, I can barely recognise him from that view. I'll play around with it though see how it looks.

But please do give me some more photos you think are suitable... I do think ones where he is mid-stroke or fist punching give the most energy to the website.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? « Reply #65 on: June 26, 2011, 01:01 PM »

although something makes me feel uncomfortable with not seeing him front ways, I can barely recognise him from that view.

Definitely. I was saying that the banner should have more than one image and it could be used in conjunction with.  Will have a nosey around. Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? « Reply #66 on: June 26, 2011, 01:06 PM »

I know what you mean but that sounds quite challenging to get right and I'm not professional designer... well I am technically but not really Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? « Reply #67 on: June 26, 2011, 01:17 PM »

Quick feel for that one then...

* all_andy.png (124.21 KB, 977x110 - viewed 36 times.)
[ Last edit by Mark June 26, 2011, 01:21 PM ] IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? « Reply #68 on: June 26, 2011, 01:19 PM »

What software do you use? Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? « Reply #69 on: June 26, 2011, 01:21 PM »

Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: New banner image? « Reply #70 on: June 26, 2011, 02:32 PM »

I think an update would be nice and some of the suggestions made sound good. However, in the end it does come down to what you have the time to do Mark Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? « Reply #71 on: June 26, 2011, 02:40 PM »

Changing the colour scheme of the website would take quite a bit of time and I don't like the idea - this is a huge part of our identity and when you visit, it feels so positive and Wimbledony as well.

I don't know why Julia says it's horrible... they're nice shades of green... unless she simply just doesn't like a green website period.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: New banner image? « Reply #72 on: June 26, 2011, 02:51 PM »

Changing the colour scheme of the website would take quite a bit of time and I don't like the idea - this is a huge part of our identity and when you visit, it feels so positive and Wimbledony as well.

I don't know why Julia says it's horrible... they're nice shades of green... unless she simply just doesn't like a green website period.

I quite like the green yes also with the new sponsor colours of green and blue in there logo it ties in I think. A new photo and yeah made more thumbnails. Maybe the 'moderators' could come up with a list of changes that would be good to be made that can be done as and when there is time, rather than an all in one overhaul? I don't understand enough about websites to know if this would be easier Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New banner image? « Reply #73 on: June 26, 2011, 02:56 PM »

I love having suggestions from everyone, wish more were given Smile
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: New banner image? « Reply #74 on: June 26, 2011, 02:57 PM »

I love having suggestions from everyone, wish more were given Smile

I'm arty-but useless at computers Very Happy
IP Logged