Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  News article feedback 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: News article feedback  (Read 3489 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: News article feedback « Reply #210 on: January 31, 2010, 04:12 PM »

Clydey, the two matches I've reported on that featured a Murray defeat were this one and the USO exit (I think, no doubt Andrew has the WRONG! youtube clip on standby). I used the headline "Cilic Destroys Murray" in the first one, which I believe was completely applicable to both 7-5, 6-2, 6-2 scoreline and the general way in which Murray was dominated by Cilics heavy hitting.

For this match I think the word "crushed" is just about right. It explains both the general tennis performance (JesusFed was in the house and busy snuffing out any chances Murray had), and the way Murray clearly felt after the match.

If I'd used the words "destroyed", "annihilated" or "spanked to within an inch of his life like a red-headed stepchild", you might have a point.

No, it's way over the top. Murray had plenty of chances in this match, and should have taken this to a 4th set. He had at least as many chances in the 1st set. The only set in which you could even argue that he was crushed was in the 2nd. And that was a 6-4 set, ffs.

Let's not forget that Federer benefited from two massive mishit returns when Murray was serving for the 3rd set. He was anything but crushed. Like I said, not even the countless result threads on MTF had anything worse than "Federer def. Murray". You and I both know how quick MTF members are to put the boot in, too.

This match was so much closer than your headlines suggests. It gives the impression that Murray didn't even get a look in.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: News article feedback « Reply #211 on: January 31, 2010, 04:14 PM »

Murray gently squeezed by ruthless Federer.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: News article feedback « Reply #212 on: January 31, 2010, 04:15 PM »

lol
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News article feedback « Reply #213 on: January 31, 2010, 04:17 PM »

Fuckerations. It's not been a good day for accuracy.

Anyhow, that headline was about right as well, wasn't it?
I think your headline is acceptable, it may not be accurate but it's not exactly inaccurate, it's your respectable opinion. All the press are saying Federer gave Murray a masterclass, you don't say that if a match is close.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: News article feedback « Reply #214 on: January 31, 2010, 04:17 PM »

Murray gently squeezed by ruthless Federer.

I think "Murray defeated by ruthless Federer" is sufficient. No need for hyperbole. Federer won in 3 well contested sets. Murray wasn't blown away.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: News article feedback « Reply #215 on: January 31, 2010, 04:18 PM »

What are AM.com going with?

Amazing Andy cheated out of grand slam title by lucky git Fed?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: News article feedback « Reply #216 on: January 31, 2010, 04:19 PM »

I think your headline was acceptable with a touch of opinion in there too. All the press are saying Federer gave Murray a masterclass, you don't say that if a match is close.

The press tend to do that with Federer. Had Murray beate Federer in the same manner, they wouldn't have said that Murray taught him a lesson. It's just the way the press talk about Federer.

If you look at the stats, it was a much closer match than that.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: News article feedback « Reply #217 on: January 31, 2010, 04:19 PM »

This match was so much closer than your headlines suggests. It gives the impression that Murray didn't even get a look in.

Ok then sweet-cheeks. Next time you can pop into the news thread and comment on the article before it's posted Smile
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: News article feedback « Reply #218 on: January 31, 2010, 04:20 PM »

What are AM.com going with?

Amazing Andy cheated out of grand slam title by lucky git Fed?

They probably don't have their match report up yet. I imagine when they do it'll consist of about 2 lines.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Re: News article feedback « Reply #219 on: January 31, 2010, 04:20 PM »

I think your headline is acceptable, it may not be accurate but it's not exactly inaccurate, it's your respectable opinion. All the press are saying Federer gave Murray a masterclass, you don't say that if a match is close.

That's pretty much it - Federer was simply too good and snuffed out any chances Murray had. That's a crushing for me.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: News article feedback « Reply #220 on: January 31, 2010, 04:20 PM »

It wasn't a bad performance from Andy. In US he was crushed. Here he was just edged out of 2 very close sets and clung onto 1 that could have been an anhialation.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: News article feedback « Reply #221 on: January 31, 2010, 04:22 PM »

Ok then sweet-cheeks. Next time you can pop into the news thread and comment on the article before it's posted Smile

I don't think I'll bother. Bit pointless when Mark, in his infinite wisdom, actually thinks that Murray was crushed today. Trying to get my point across is a bit like ice skating uphill.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News article feedback « Reply #222 on: January 31, 2010, 04:24 PM »

I don't think I'll bother. Bit pointless when Mark, in his infinite wisdom, actually thinks that Murray was crushed today. Trying to get my point across is a bit like ice skating uphill.
I don't think he was crushed, however I think it's an acceptable opinion given Phil's explanation.

Personally, I would have just gone with the same headline without crushed in it.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Re: News article feedback « Reply #223 on: January 31, 2010, 04:24 PM »

Hitler
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News article feedback « Reply #224 on: January 31, 2010, 04:24 PM »

clap
IP Logged