Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Oh dear, sorry. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Are you still having 'Log In' problems?  (Voting closed: November 25, 2005, 02:18 AM)
Yes - 1 (8.3%)
No - 11 (91.7%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Oh dear, sorry.

(Read 662 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Oh dear, sorry. « on: November 25, 2005, 01:22 AM »

I have some good news and some bad news:

The good news is, the 'Log In' issue should be fixed but I can't be sure on that. I got some people to 'Log In' for me and they only had to do it once.

If you are still having the problem, make sure you do this:
Log Out > click Tools > Internet Options > click Delete Files then Delete Cookies > Close IE then Log In.

I just want to add that I have done some research and discovered that people connected via AOL may have problems with all phpBB message boards which could likely cause a problem like Logging In and being thrown out.  For those users, I suggest you get a provider that is compatible with the rest of the world's Internet. throwcomputer

The bad news is, yesterday didn't actually happen, well it did but unfortunately all the messages from yesterday are gone forever.  Crying or Very sad

I made a mistake whilst re-installing everything (much like when you forget to press 'Save' when typing an essay) after having a strange occurance of short memory loss which doesn't normally happen to me. I can only assume it's because I stayed up 'till 5:30am doing work and had a tiring day later on.

Sorry to those of you who posted yesterday, I guarantee something like this will never happen again because of me.

Strange thing is, on Tuesday I walked under a few meters of scaffolding and thought to myself "Nah, I don't believe in any of that bad luck business with walking under things. You only get bad luck if you think you'll get it" and then this happens.  Think

If anyone is still having problems, please reply to this topic or start a thread in the Feedback/Support.
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 09:03 AM »

Crying or Very sad

Someone sent me a PM yesterday, but it's gone now and I don't know who it was from.  Think
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 09:24 AM »

Quote from: "JohnW"
Crying or Very sad

Someone sent me a PM yesterday, but it's gone now and I don't know who it was from.  Think

quite possibly me about the new news item on the front page - sent the link to mark and you Smile
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 11:32 AM »

aww its going to take me way longer to get off being a newbie now.ive only ever had log in problems once about three days ago but its never happened again.i dont have aol though
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 12:06 PM »

hug Oh dear, these things happen!  

Didn't get chance to log in yesterday so I won't have missed anything!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 02:50 PM »

The user I was keeping in contact with via PM here about this problem who seemed to have it the worst, has told me she experienced no problems today, which looks hopeful.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 03:53 PM »

Ah well...I understand Mark... whatever keeps the site bug free should be done
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 06:55 PM »

That's pretty unlucky.. well good work anyway Mark!  goodjob 5:30 sounds pretty awfull..  Crying or Very sad
As for the posts.. ehh!! we all make mistakes! Thank god we just lost one day of posts, not more! Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 07:07 PM »

Thanks, glad people aren't too mad at me Smile
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 10:08 PM »

IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 10:09 PM »

I'm the one who voted Yes. I couldn't log in this morning...but no probs at all since then. Very Happy
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 10:11 PM »

Quote from: "hulahoop"
I'm the one who voted Yes. I couldn't log in this morning...but no probs at all since then. Very Happy

likewise - but its been fine all day, so i voted no Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 10:13 PM »

Quote from: "hulahoop"

I'm assuming you mean, you just simply had to log in this morning because it didn't remember you?

That is because I cleared the database that remembers everyone here.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 11:02 PM »

The first time i tried to log in this morning, i had to do it twice. But then i did all the stuff you said, and all appears to be fine now  goodjob
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Oh dear, sorry. « Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005, 11:08 PM »

Good! So as long as everyone follows the instructions I gave above, things hopefully should be fine.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »