Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Profile additions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Profile additions

(Read 1171 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Profile additions « on: September 07, 2006, 12:47 PM »

This thread has been moved from the staff room and if there are not enough suggestions then this idea will be ditched.

I've installed this pretty cool mod that will allow me to add new feilds to our profiles and I can also make the results show next to our posts like the Gender and Locations ones...

So... any ideas of some new Profile fields that we could allow users to fill out? Maybe tennis related?

They can be made as multiple choice drop-downs or text feilds.
[ Last edit by Mark September 09, 2006, 07:06 AM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Profile additions « Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 01:23 PM »

C'mon Arka, surely you have some ideas for this?
IP Logged
arka
Re: Profile additions « Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 01:34 PM »

Heeehee. roflmao

I was going to wait till the others came online..... Wink

At this moment I can't think of anything else other than "Your favourite player other than Andy". And that's pretty mundane. Frown

Whatever the question, preferably the answer should be short. dontknow

I am going out now, will think on my way. Very Happy

Hopefully the others will be able to give a few great suggestions. Smile
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Profile additions « Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 05:16 PM »

It's actually quite hard to think up new fields.  Think

We have all the essential ones. Smile

I can't think of any.  Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Profile additions « Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 06:24 PM »

Anyone who is a Rafa supporter (2 people Whistle) should have it in big bold red letters.  Little tongue man Not going to happen is it. Wink But yea as soon as i read that first post i thought of what Arka put above. I dunno. What automatically springs to mind is just something that is included in the profile (hobbies/age  Rolling Eyes) Don't think that's a good idea though. Keep it tennis related. Smile
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Profile additions « Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 12:27 PM »

um... how about... style of play? then next to my name we would have: Serve and Volley and julia would have: Baseliner... and those who dont play could put how they would if they did....
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Profile additions « Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 12:31 PM »

We have the language option on our profiles, but there isn't a button to fill it in. Nobody has it. I think that's a nice addition.
Didn't we use to have "Hobbies" at our old MW profile? I thought that was nice too.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Profile additions « Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 12:51 PM »

I always liked the option of Hobbies/Interests. dontknow
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Profile additions « Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 08:02 PM »

I like the Gender and Location part. Maybe you could put Age there as well. Dont think you really need too much more!
[ Last edit by scotsman75 September 11, 2006, 10:16 AM ] IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Profile additions « Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 08:07 PM »

^ I agree with that.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Profile additions « Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 04:18 PM »

As for things next to avatars, Age, Gender and Location is all you need.

As for Profile information, well that can be anything at all. Hobbies, Interest, Clubs, Life story. You can make as much like bebo, myspace, or friends re-united as you like. But at the end of the day it;s a tennis fans forum. I certainly won;t be filling in anything more than my location gender and age. Especially not for the 635 or so members i dont know that well at all. for the 10ish i speak to on msn they can know something about me if they want, that's what my msn profile is for. (ok tbh, i'll tell pretty much anyone anything on here if they ask)

What i mean is, is anyone (except arka) gonna look at all this stuff. It's nice to know who;s posting (i.e. location age gender) so you can gauge why they have formed an opinion, sometimes these provide clues. I.e. if they are female and have made an anti-male post (obvious example but you know what i mean)

But as for anything else, well i don't look at people's profiles as i have no need to. except to send them a PM perhaps. Even if it had more information, i;d rather just ask them in person, or via a PM or whatever. I think i repeated myself about 50 times so that;s it.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Profile additions « Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 04:34 PM »

It's not just Arka who looks at other people's profiles - there are other people who are curios and interested in the people they are talking to here.

Thanks for your input. I could actually make it very bebo like by allowing people to have a blog on their profile superman
[ Last edit by Mark September 11, 2006, 04:35 PM ] IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Profile additions « Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 04:34 PM »

Me, for instance Wink
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Profile additions « Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 04:43 PM »

Well ok then, it's not a big deal, but for the thngs next to the avatars, gender and location (and age if you add it) are enough i think. Profiles, in theory can contain anything you want them too, as long as they are (and i;m sure they will be) optional fields. It;s not doing anyone any harm, and at the same time provides interesting pieces of information, that some people might like to read. kudos. Smile
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Profile additions « Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 07:19 PM »

It's not just Arka who looks at other people's profiles - there are other people who are curios and interested in the people they are talking to here.

I love reading about others. I'm so disappointed when some don't fill it all in Wink
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »