Andy Murray vs Ivo Karlovic, Monday, Estimated time - 3:15pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  scrollbars in FF
Pages: [1] 2 Reply

scrollbars in FF

I noticed that on Cate's laptop when she is browsing MW sometimes there is a scroll bar she has to use within a post to read a reply. It seems to only happen when quoting someone and whilst using FireFox and I've only witnessed it happen on a laptop.

Does anyone else get this? And if so please tell me your browser, resolution and preferably attach a screenshot of it.

It is very strange issue and I think it has been around for a long time so I want to finally figure out what is causing it.
[ Last edit by Mark September 07, 2006, 01:09 PM ] IP Logged
arka

*searches database*

I clearly remember a post by Nads, which contained loads of emoticons, required me to scroll.

I checked that post again, but it's perfect now.

I'll obviously remember to post here the next time something like this happens. I hope that someone else will be able to help now.
IP Logged

i get scroll bars when there are pictures in the post.... i'm on IE resolution of 1280x1024
IP Logged

But is that only when the pictures are very big?
IP Logged

yea it is... although sometimes even when they all fit it still makes you scroll...
IP Logged

yea it is... although sometimes even when they all fit it still makes you scroll...

Hmm - I've only noticed it scroll when it's bigger than the window it's in. I could make it so all big photos are all resized to 800x or something  Think
IP Logged

thats actually not a bad idea... cause many of us (me at least) can't be arsed to resize them ourselves... so it would be good...
IP Logged

Yeah I've had that before and I use a laptop.
IP Logged

Yeah I've had that before and I use a laptop.

browser and resolution?
IP Logged

FF and 1024x768
IP Logged

OK that this is for the post text not what David was talking about right?
IP Logged

Yeah it is.
IP Logged

Yea always happens to me - very often actually but i find it absolutely fine. Use FF and i have absolutely no idea what resolution this is but i reckon the screen is 1280x1024 (although i don't use FF to full screen). Usually happeneds with big photos but can't think of where i can get a screen cap just yet. It would be a great idea if all photos that were x800+ were resized automatically on the board when you post them- never knew it was possible!
IP Logged

Yea always happens to me - very often actually but i find it absolutely fine. Use FF and i have absolutely no idea what resolution this is but i reckon the screen is 1280x1024 (although i don't use FF to full screen). Usually happeneds with big photos but can't think of where i can get a screen cap just yet. It would be a great idea if all photos that were x800+ were resized automatically on the board when you post them- never knew it was possible!

Scroll bars for the big photos are meant to be like that although I will see if i can get it so they are resized. This thread is meant for the issue where you have to scroll to read a reply because it contains a quote in the post.
IP Logged

Scroll bars for the big photos are meant to be like that although I will see if i can get it so they are resized. This thread is meant for the issue where you have to scroll to read a reply because it contains a quote in the post.

sorry Double physics and then revision doesn't have good effects on the brain. Sorry Mark!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Reply