Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Should we go back to posts without edit notices?  (Voting closed: June 08, 2008, 12:44 PM)
Yes. - 5 (45.5%)
No. - 6 (54.5%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!)

(Read 2585 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 01:11 PM »

Yes, my interpretation, the most likely interpretation of your post.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 01:13 PM »

Rather than us talking drivel, why not directly refute what I'm saying? So to clear this up, if I were to say, "Let's disable the edit function", would you be for or against it?
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 01:16 PM »

Right, I think that it should appear when you've edited a post... and I don't think the edit button should be disabled at any time, if it's implemented it should be implemented 100%.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 01:16 PM »

You must not have absorbed this ..........

I am unconcerned what you do with the edit function.
I'm not concerned about the result of the poll but I can still answer the above question.

Right, I'll shall stick with my original interpretation then, the most likely interpretation lol
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 01:21 PM »

Right, I think that it should appear when you've edited a post...

Whys that?
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 01:24 PM »

Whys that?

I don't really know, every other forum does have it, it's not like it's a breach of rights, and I hate it when your talking to someone, and they'll edit there post, and your all confused because you don't know if they have or it's just you seeing things!
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 01:24 PM »

Actually can I change my vote to yes?

I think if you enable us being able to see if people have edited their posts would be good for RTR. I.e. that way, no one can cheat, because the post will show the edit time and secondly, myself for one, can edit any mistakes/change prediction deadlines etc without having to copy/paste/quote old posts then delete them. It would save a lot of hassle. I do know that the reason I am not given editing powers in that board just now is because (apparently) I might cheat. If edit's were shown, cheating would be impossible.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 01:28 PM »

Actually can I change my vote to yes?

I think if you enable us being able to see if people have edited their posts would be good for RTR. I.e. that way, no one can cheat
You can't cheat anyway, editing is disabled in the RTR board? Anyway, feel free to now change your vote.

You're deluded or your imagination is running riot again. My initial posts and further edits are always easy to comprehend, maybe you're just lacking a good enough understanding of the English language.
You're deluded or your imagination is running riot again. My initial posts and further edits are always easy to comprehend, maybe you're just lacking a good enough understanding of the English language.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 01:30 PM »

You can't edit in RTR anyway.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 01:32 PM »

You can't cheat anyway, editing is disabled in the RTR board? Anyway, feel free to now change your vote.
I edit to either correct a typo/spelling or to improve the structure/wording, that's it.

No but that was my whole point. If we could see edit times, then you should enable the edit function as it wouldn't make a difference.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 01:32 PM »

I don't really know, every other forum does have it, it's not like it's a breach of rights, and I hate it when your talking to someone, and they'll edit there post, and your all confused because you don't know if they have or it's just you seeing things!

But its not as though you'll know what they said before they've edited it.  If anything it will get people curious about what someone said before they changed and at the moment we are none the wiser.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 01:32 PM »

You just don't get it, do you.  Fair enough.
I just don't understand why you love provoking arguments over issues that don't exist. You do it all over the forum and then rather than give clarity on your arguments, you avoid directly answering questions and instead provide endless drivel.

No but that was my whole point. If we could see edit times, then you should enable the edit function as it wouldn't make a difference.
Fair enough.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 01:37 PM »

And that's exactly why I proposed having edit notices, so people don't have to worry if they imagined something or not. It looks like we're on the same side here but as usual you want to make a fight out of it.
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 01:39 PM »

But its not as though you'll know what they said before they've edited it.  If anything it will get people curious about what someone said before they changed and at the moment we are none the wiser.

Hmm, yes. To be honest until now, I've always just pressumed it was there, as it is on every other forum I've ever been on. I don't really have solid reasons for, but I just think it should be...
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 01:40 PM »

Voting closes: May 16, 2008, 01:40:33 PM

BTW, you would still wonder if someone edited their post if you were replying immediately to it. I'm proposing having an edit notice if someone edits their post after a certain period of time.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »