Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Should we go back to posts without edit notices?  (Voting closed: June 08, 2008, 12:44 PM)
Yes. - 5 (45.5%)
No. - 6 (54.5%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!)

(Read 2451 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #45 on: May 14, 2008, 02:16 PM »

And in which particular fantasy universe does Neil think it'll change the way RTR's run?

Because I currently along with a few others and the RTR team, help to run RTR.

As a non-moderator, I do not have the EDIT function enable in RTR. Therefore, this causes me, whenever I make a mistake, to have to copy my last post or re-type it and then delete the original. This is annoying because it's time consuming, and also, if someone has pointed out my mistake and I have then deleted the post, threads no longer make sense.  

Two options, 1) Enable me to edit in RTR - this can't be done as I'm not a moderator and it;s not fair on the others

2) Enable edit for everyone and display edit times for no one to cheat - hence answers your question

It won't change the way it's run at all. What it will do is make it easier for myself and other "helpers" to post up scores and matchdays. That is MY REASON for introducing edit times. Smile
IP Logged
measdale
ATP Level

My life, currently

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #46 on: May 14, 2008, 02:18 PM »

Oh, I'm only digging.

I know you only run these polls to get the posting stats up in comparison with the nursery.

My post was really just a dig at Neil. lol

EDIT at 02:16    : And there he goes .....  why on earth should people be allowed to edit in RTR?

Hey-ho - that's another post! lmao lmao lmao
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #47 on: May 14, 2008, 02:20 PM »

You asked a question and I answered it.
IP Logged
measdale
ATP Level

My life, currently

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #48 on: May 14, 2008, 02:21 PM »

Actually your "answer" was self-contradictory

Two options, 1) Enable me to edit in RTR - this can't be done as I'm not a moderator and it;s not fair on the others
2) Enable edit for everyone and display edit times for no one to cheat - hence answers your question

and then you said ...

It won't change the way it's run at all.

Enabling edits is, actually, a change.   doh
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 02:23 PM »

It won't change the way RTR is run. Which I believe was your exact question.

i.e. it is a change to the forum, and that was my reasoning for the change but it won't change the way RTR is run itself.
IP Logged
measdale
ATP Level

My life, currently

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #50 on: May 14, 2008, 02:29 PM »

Odd distinction to make ....

RTR is a forum, isn't it?
Without the hosting mechanism it doesn't exist ...   Sticking tongue out.

and that was your "reasoning" was it ??? roflmao

lmao lmao lmao
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #51 on: May 14, 2008, 02:30 PM »

RTR is a forum, isn't it?
Without the hosting mechanism it doesn't exist ...   Sticking tongue out.

:lmoa: lmao lmao

No it's a board within the forum. Smile

And you can **** off if you don't actually care about what mark is asking.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #52 on: May 14, 2008, 02:32 PM »

Dum...
Also in other forums you can delete your own posts!

And? You can do that here....... lol
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #53 on: May 14, 2008, 02:33 PM »

What are you on about Neil!  Whistle  Whistle
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #54 on: May 14, 2008, 02:34 PM »

Sorry I quoted you :P Wink
IP Logged
measdale
ATP Level

My life, currently

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #55 on: May 14, 2008, 02:37 PM »

No it's a board within the forum. Smile

And you can f**k off if you don't actually care about what mark is asking.

Oh, now I realise that Mr. Junior Machiavelli is going to try and use it to advance his long-running RTR power gambit, I do care - I'm definitely against the idea of change.

I'll also vote against any change to the edit rules on RTR.
Sorry - that wouldn't be a "change" ..... lol  ??
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #56 on: May 14, 2008, 02:39 PM »

Clearly you didn't read what I posted then if that is what you think. I was in fact, against any changes to perceived "power" but in favour of changes that would make it easier to help out.

Besides which, do you even play RTR?

And it would be a change to the forum and board operations but (at the risk of repeating myself) NOT to the way RTR is run  Rolling Eyes doh
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #57 on: May 14, 2008, 02:46 PM »

measdale, why are you trying to stir? lol

Neil has a decent argument for the edit notice as it could mean the removal of the edit restriction on the RTR board but personally I woudn't want the grace period to be 0 which would then mean we would need to keep restrictions on RTR.
IP Logged
measdale
ATP Level

My life, currently

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #58 on: May 14, 2008, 02:53 PM »

Clearly you didn't read what I posted then if that is what you think. I was in fact, against any changes to perceived "power" but in favour of changes that would make it easier to help out.

Besides which, do you even play RTR?

And it would be a change to the forum and board operations but (at the risk of repeating myself) NOT to the way RTR is run  Rolling Eyes doh

Sorry - must have been thinking of the original Neil and RTR discussion.
RTR - nah, no point. I'm not around at weekends, so I'd miss every final.

Em - clearly you have some kind of aneurism going on here.
But maybe I'm wrong, since I haven't looked at RTR for ages.

Currently no edits are allowed. That's clearly part of "the way RTR is run".
And you're proposing a new change, so edits will be allowed.

Is it the language or the thinking you're having problems with lmao ?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #59 on: May 14, 2008, 02:57 PM »

Measdale, you're arguing on little technicalities. The way RTR is run would not change, the organisers would not have to do anything differently as to what they do now. In fact, the players woudn't have to do anything differently if they make no mistakes in their posts.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »