Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Should we go back to posts without edit notices?  (Voting closed: June 08, 2008, 12:44 PM)
Yes. - 5 (45.5%)
No. - 6 (54.5%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!)

(Read 3451 times)
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #75 on: May 15, 2008, 10:03 AM »

5 pages of garbage too Bev. I just think it's a good idea so we know when we aren't seeing things. Although only if we get a little time to change errors straight away without it flagging up. Cause that'd be annoying. Although, I don't want it for the news board. So if the only way we could have it would be to have it everywhere then I say no.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #76 on: May 15, 2008, 10:04 AM »

Why woudn't you want it for the news board?

And there would be a grace period, maybe 2 minutes.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #77 on: May 15, 2008, 10:34 AM »

Cause we legitimately edit the news regularly, and after the 2 mins grace. For when we add quotations, or opponents, or match times, or Jamie's results, or if we put in audio or someone else edits the post to make it sound better. You could end up with 7 or 8 edit messages at the end of each news post, which looks a little unprofessional I think. And considering it's only staff that can edit in News I suppose it's not so necessary to know on that board.
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #78 on: May 15, 2008, 10:51 AM »

And considering it's only staff that can edit in News I suppose it's not so necessary to know on that board.

For Staff read Arse lickers,

Your hoop must be spotless Mark :P
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #79 on: May 15, 2008, 10:54 AM »

I actually meant most of us tend to write 'EDIT:' when we've made a significant change outside the first post. Well, all except Mark. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #80 on: May 15, 2008, 11:06 AM »

Cause we legitimately edit the news regularly, and after the 2 mins grace. For when we add quotations, or opponents, or match times, or Jamie's results, or if we put in audio or someone else edits the post to make it sound better. You could end up with 7 or 8 edit messages at the end of each news post, which looks a little unprofessional I think. And considering it's only staff that can edit in News I suppose it's not so necessary to know on that board.
I think you would only see the last person who edited, so that's one edit message regardless of how many times it was edited.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #81 on: May 15, 2008, 12:13 PM »

I actually meant most of us tend to write 'EDIT:' when we've made a significant change outside the first post. Well, all except Mark. Rolling Eyes

yes

5 pages of garbage too Bev.

I guessed as much!  I won't waste my time reading this too!  What with the Amy v Neil thing and this, then I must have saved myself at least 45 minutes! cmon yeah
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #82 on: May 15, 2008, 12:17 PM »

At least! I spent hours in that thread!
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #83 on: May 15, 2008, 12:17 PM »

I think you would only see the last person who edited, so that's one edit message regardless of how many times it was edited.

Well ok, that's fair enough! Go for it!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #84 on: May 15, 2008, 05:48 PM »

I bet everyone who voted yes is doing it just because of my edit habits lol
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #85 on: May 15, 2008, 05:52 PM »

I know I have, I think you are the worst! lol
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #86 on: May 16, 2008, 02:08 PM »

It's now enabled with a grace period of 3 minutes.

In two weeks I will restart the poll and ask the question whether you want to keep it as I think some of you could change your mind once you see it working.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #87 on: May 16, 2008, 05:41 PM »

What do you mean by grace period?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? « Reply #88 on: May 16, 2008, 06:05 PM »

You have 3 minutes to edit your post before it starts leaving an edit notice.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we know when someone edits their post? (Re-Vote)! « Reply #89 on: June 05, 2008, 12:45 PM »

In two weeks I will restart the poll and ask the question whether you want to keep it as I think some of you could change your mind once you see it working.
Go go go!

After having it for a couple of weeks I feel it can make posts look a bit messy Think

EDIT: If this is removed, edit notices will still remain for the Frontpage Updates thread in Main Content.
[ Last edit by Mark June 05, 2008, 01:02 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »