Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Should we go back to posts without edit notices?  (Voting closed: June 08, 2008, 12:44 PM)
Yes. - 5 (45.5%)
No. - 6 (54.5%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!)

(Read 3321 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #90 on: June 05, 2008, 12:55 PM »

Can you make it plain or bold text? The italics are dire no
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #91 on: June 05, 2008, 12:58 PM »

It's pretty much the standard to have edit notices in italics but I can change it if you want. I really don't like the bolded Today/Yesterday notices but the way its coded means I can't really change that for the moment.
IP Logged
measdale
ATP Level

My life, currently

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #92 on: June 05, 2008, 02:21 PM »

It's pretty much the standard to have edit notices in italics but I can change it if you want. I really don't like the bolded Today/Yesterday notices but the way its coded means I can't really change that for the moment.

I've kinda got used to ignoring it, so I still don't really care.

But if we do keep it then I'd prefer the grace period a little longer than 3 minutes, since my network connection's sometimes really slow and an edit can take at least that long ... Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #93 on: June 05, 2008, 02:26 PM »

But that's very unusual so upping the grace period too such a high level just to cater for one user would not be right.
IP Logged
measdale
ATP Level

My life, currently

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #94 on: June 05, 2008, 02:30 PM »

But that's very unusual so upping the grace period too such a high level just to cater for one user would not be right.

I was just tossing the comment out to see if anyone else agreed .... Smile

If I'm the only one then I have to accept that, as in any democracy, minorities will be persecuted. 

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #95 on: June 05, 2008, 02:32 PM »

as in any democracy, minorities will be persecuted.

Oh shut it you! roflmao
IP Logged
measdale
ATP Level

My life, currently

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #96 on: June 05, 2008, 02:34 PM »

Sorry - I'd forgotten that MW is a "benevolent dictatorship" (Machiavelli's favourite) ...

lmao
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #97 on: June 05, 2008, 07:20 PM »

No, it's fine as it is now Smile
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #98 on: June 06, 2008, 12:24 AM »

Gah, I don't want people to know if I edit my posts!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #99 on: June 06, 2008, 12:33 AM »

Did you vote "Yes" in the poll? It doesn't seem to have changed.
IP Logged
tutti_frutti87
Challenger Level

I'm losing my marbles. It's marvellous

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #100 on: June 06, 2008, 12:37 AM »

I think we should have like a 5 minute grace period, that way it doesn't show up post editing for spelling mistakes and the such. 5 minutes is a nice round number! If it's 3 minutes I start feeling anxious, because that isn't a nicely rounded up number!!!!!!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #101 on: June 08, 2008, 11:44 AM »

Disappointed with the result of this poll Frown
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #102 on: June 08, 2008, 12:04 PM »

Why, did you want to get rid of it?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #103 on: June 08, 2008, 12:07 PM »

It looks ugly and messy Frown
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Should we go back to posts without edit notices? (VOTE!) « Reply #104 on: June 08, 2008, 12:18 PM »

It doesn't look that bad.  But your the boss and if you don't like it you should get shot of it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »