Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Technical Difficulties with Wireless! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Technical Difficulties with Wireless!

(Read 216 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Technical Difficulties with Wireless! « on: October 28, 2006, 12:36 AM »

Hi guys, having a few connection problems with my wireless internet! It's AOL that;s causing the problem i believe. Wondered if anyone with a little more knowledge can help.

Firstly, we installed our new router/modem on the main computer, and upadted AOL and it worked fine. Then i set up the wireless network on my laptop, again, it detected the connection, but as expected, it couldn't pick up an IP address due to the lack of AOL being installed on my computer.

So AOL was installed. Then my wireless infromed me it was now connected.

However, when i open AOL to sign in, it doesn't work wirelessly. It gives the message " DNS server could not be reached or connected to". I have tried IE and MSN but nothing works without going through AOL first anyway. (interestingly skype works even though AOL is not signed in, but again only hardwire)

Have since fiddled with the settings a thousand times, but my laptop just won't let me sign in wirelessly. Can anyone help me out? Thanks
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Technical Difficulties with Wireless! « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 07:19 PM »

never mind, i fixed it. After 25 hours.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Technical Difficulties with Wireless! « Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 07:20 PM »

lol Good you can take care after yourself. Wink
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »