Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Trusted Status 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Trusted Status  (Read 4009 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #240 on: August 07, 2008, 05:45 AM »

Fast tracked Yamor and Clydey to Trusted Status.

And what did I get for Lifetime Achievement?  I'll tell you what I got! search dontknow

Talk about Mark having his favourites ignore
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #241 on: August 07, 2008, 08:06 AM »

You're so far out of line, Neil, it's not even funny.  The fact that you don't like me has no bearing on whether I'm trustworthy.

To answer your point, I wasn't even aware you could contribute unless you had certain privileges.  I'm happy to contribute to this site and I'm not about to bring the site to a grinding halt just because I can do a few news updates, am I?  Your attitude stinks.  Your personal opinion of me is no indication of how trustworthy I am, so get that in your head.

I'm sure he doesn't mind you, it's just that Neil complains about anything that's out of line or not proper by the rules, or previous events - he's our resident grump. Smile
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #242 on: August 07, 2008, 10:31 AM »

Marks decision isn't out of line, or against the rules. It was just a little kick in the teeth for a few members.  Whistle
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #243 on: August 07, 2008, 10:48 AM »

I did a match alert edit when the draw came out.  Is that ok or does it have to be a breaking news edit?

It looks ok, but I want to be sure that I got the format correct.

Edit:  What will I do about the doubles draw?  I assume one of you will sort that when you're up.  If I add the doubles draw to the alert, will it look cluttered?
Singles takes priority so doubles can be left until a news report is done.

You did it fine apart from it was all bold but that was completely my fault as I left the bold tags in there from when Murray won the MS. Usually match alerts are without bold unless something very special has happened.

Thanks for doing it Smile
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #244 on: August 08, 2008, 12:05 AM »

I'm sure he doesn't mind you, it's just that Neil complains about anything that's out of line or not proper by the rules, or previous events - he's our resident grump. Smile

I had no problem with Clydey himself and I am not the resident grump. I just think responsibility should be earned not handed out on a plate.

I do however, now have a problem with Clydey for assuming it was all about him rather than the site. ******* arrogant prick. I never suggested you were going to bring the site to a grinding halt, those were not my words at all. I just don't feel that you merited being given these tools based on the length of time you have been a member and the contribution you have given to the site. That is my opinion and has nothing to do with my personal feelings towards you, but to a poster of that level in general. So GET THAT RIGHT IN YOUR HEAD.

IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's entourage, was it the right move? « Reply #245 on: August 08, 2008, 12:13 AM »

As for why I have trusted status, being argumentative has little to do with how trustworthy I am.  I'd rather you not imply that I'm some sort of deviant simply because I'm stubborn.

I never did. It was a seperate point designed as a joking response to how serious you were being. And yes, it was by far and away your worst performance, you can do better lol  You are making it about how trustworthy you are because of it's name. I am merely using the name with no conotations to follow.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #246 on: August 08, 2008, 12:26 AM »

I had no problem with Clydey himself and I am not the resident grump. I just think responsibility should be earned not handed out on a plate.

I do however, now have a problem with Clydey for assuming it was all about him rather than the site. f**king arrogant pri*k. I never suggested you were going to bring the site to a grinding halt, those were not my words at all. I just don't feel that you merited being given these tools based on the length of time you have been a member and the contribution you have given to the site. That is my opinion and has nothing to do with my personal feelings towards you, but to a poster of that level in general. So GET THAT RIGHT IN YOUR HEAD.

I'm arrogant for interpreting the various messages that imply I'm not trustworthy as a personal attack?  Get a grip.  Let's break down your argument.

"Certainly no problems with Yamor getting in given that he helps out anyway."

I've been a member for longer than Yamor.  When you say he helps out, I assume you mean the spreadsheets.  How should I have helped out prior to being given trusted status?  Tell me how I could have contributed, other posting news articles when I find them (which I did).

That blows one argument out of the water.  Firstly, I've been a member for longer than Yamor.  Secondly, the only way I could help out was by posting news articles.

"Clydey being made into trusted status is frankly ridiculous."

We've established that I've been here for longer than Yamor, so why is it ridiculous?  As far as I'm aware, without trusted status there is no direct way to chip in.  I'd prefer you stopped lying and admit that it's a personal thing.  Your argument is at best weak and at worst non-existent.

The fact is that while I'm not at university, I spend a lot more time on here than I would normally.  I'm available to contribute and I stay up until all hours of the night and am happy to contribute while the rest of you are tucked up in bed.

You haven't given one valid reason why Yamor is more deserving of trusted status than I am.  Look at it logically.  Where is the harm in giving me trusted status?  If I don't have it, it's just one person less to help out.  Your problem is that I do have it.  Therefore, the implication is that I'm not trustworthy and will harm the site.  There is no getting away from it, so stop pretending that you're being objective.

*None of this was directed at you, Yamor.  nkp2 dragged you into it, so I was merely demonstrating why I'm equally deserving of trusted status.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's entourage, was it the right move? « Reply #247 on: August 08, 2008, 12:34 AM »

I never did. It was a seperate point designed as a joking response to how serious you were being. And yes, it was by far and away your worst performance, you can do better lol  You are making it about how trustworthy you are because of it's name. I am merely using the name with no conotations to follow.

Explain to me where the harm is?  If I don't have trusted status, there's one less person to help out.  By complaining about my being given trusted status, you are clearly implying that I'm not to be trusted.  Otherwise, why complain?  I've been here longer than Yamor.  In fact, for over 11 months.

Where possible I've contributed by posting news articles.  I don't know how else I could have helped out.  It's hardly my fault that Yamor came up with an innovative spreadsheet and I failed to come up with something equally groundbreaking.  While term is over, I spend a fair bit of time online.  Therefore, I'm free to contribute.

I could care less about being given trusted status.  If Mark wants to strip me of it, fair play.  No hard feelings.  My problem is with the implication that I'm somehow not worthy.  It's not a ******* knighthood.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's entourage, was it the right move? « Reply #248 on: August 08, 2008, 12:46 AM »

Explain to me where the harm is?  If I don't have trusted status, there's one less person to help out.  By complaining about my being given trusted status, you are clearly implying that I'm not to be trusted.  Otherwise, why complain?  I've been here longer than Yamor.  In fact, for over 11 months.

Where possible I've contributed by posting news articles.  I don't know how else I could have helped out.  It's hardly my fault that Yamor came up with an innovative spreadsheet and I failed to come up with something equally groundbreaking.  While term is over, I spend a fair bit of time online.  Therefore, I'm free to contribute.

I could care less about being given trusted status.  If Mark wants to strip me of it, fair play.  No hard feelings.  My problem is with the implication that I'm somehow not worthy.  It's not a f**king knighthood.

Again it's not personal feelings that have anything to do with this. It's the fact that trusted status was initially intended as a "reward" as it were for demonstrating dedication to the site, being involved in the community for a lengthy period (hence the 5000 posts) and being seen as capable of contributing.

While you undoubtedly have the skills, knowledge and capability to carry out any such tasks as the position gives, I don't feel that it's right you should be given the "privelege" (as mark called it originally I believe) of having this status due to my first two points. In any case, the only reason I view it as a privelege is because that was what it was made out to be. For example, I was keen as beans to help out as I've gotten a lot out of being a member here, yet I was certainly not fast tracked despite my contributions. I had to wait like everyone else - perhaps in a sense I feel slightly cheated...... but that's only through the fault of how the position was defined.

It probably should have been "Do we have any volunteers to help out with site updates?" But it wasn't.....

If however, he wishes to change his original definitions then so be it, it is his site after all.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's entourage, was it the right move? « Reply #249 on: August 08, 2008, 12:50 AM »

Again it's not personal feelings that have anything to do with this. It's the fact that trusted status was initially intended as a "reward" as it were for demonstrating dedication to the site, being involved in the community for a lengthy period (hence the 5000 posts) and being seen as capable of contributing.

While you undoubtedly have the skills, knowledge and capability to carry out any such tasks as the position gives, I don't feel that it's right you should be given the "privelege" (as mark called it originally I believe) of having this status due to my first two points. In any case, the only reason I view it as a privelege is because that was what it was made out to be. For example, I was keen as beans to help out as I've gotten a lot out of being a member here, yet I was certainly not fast tracked despite my contributions. I had to wait like everyone else - perhaps in a sense I feel slightly cheated...... but that's only through the fault of how the position was defined.

It probably should have been "Do we have any volunteers to help out with site updates?" But it wasn't.....

If however, he wishes to change his original definitions then so be it, it is his site after all.

You have no problem with Yamor being fast tracked, yet I've been here longer than him.  Why?  Just because he came up with a spreadsheet does not mean that he is more worthy of trusted status.  You said that I haven't contributed enough to the site.  Tell me how I could have contributed?
IP Logged
Jameselaprendi
Challenger Level

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #250 on: August 08, 2008, 12:51 AM »

Jesus Clydey, I thought Neil was out of line but your reaction is sooooo bad that now youre so out of line and I now agree with Neil!

Maybe you should get some nice, relaxing, mellowing sleep ;-)

BTW - what happens when fuzzy gets 3200 posts?
[ Last edit by Jameselaprendi August 08, 2008, 12:54 AM ] IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #251 on: August 08, 2008, 12:51 AM »

He updates the rankings, he posts RTR scores and matchthreads AS WELL as news articles, draws, and god knows what else. He does a load more than you. That is my whole point. People were hailing him as the new arka at some points for his involvement or the next Allan. That is why Yamor merits it more. The fact you think he doesn't shows how little you pay attention. If like other members you really wanted to contribute more you would have a) asked and b) found ways to contribute, just like everyone else does/has done who is keen to help out. Not to mention the fact Yamor has how many more posts than you do? I don't remember him being a huge contributor to the chit chat and playground threads, but I could be wrong, I haven't checked the numbers. If however I am correct, then he obviously posts more in areas of information, making him at this time, a highly contributory member.....

Again you are taking that it is called "trusted status" too literally.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #252 on: August 08, 2008, 12:51 AM »

he's on the ban list. Can't get trusted status.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's entourage, was it the right move? « Reply #253 on: August 08, 2008, 12:52 AM »

You have no problem with Yamor being fast tracked, yet I've been here longer than him.  Why?  Just because he came up with a spreadsheet does not mean that he is more worthy of trusted status.  You said that I haven't contributed enough to the site.  Tell me how I could have contributed?

You brought the spreadsheet into the equation, I have answered this in the other thread.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #254 on: August 08, 2008, 01:04 AM »

Jesus Clydey, I thought Neil was out of line but your reaction is sooooo bad that now youre so out of line and I now agree with Neil!

Maybe you should get some nice, relaxing, mellowing sleep ;-)

I get that way when someone implies that I'm not to be trusted.  If I think someone is in the wrong, I won't let it go.  You of all people on here should appreciate that.

Mark, remove my trusted status.  I can't be arsed with this ********.  You'd think you'd given me a million quid by the way some people are reacting.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »