Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Underground  >  Feedback/Support  >  Trusted Status 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Trusted Status  (Read 3914 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's entourage, was it the right move? « Reply #255 on: August 08, 2008, 01:05 AM »

I answered it in the trusted status threads. Updating anything. Posting new topics for each tournament as the entry list becomes available. Posting when players withdraw and which players replace them. Posting the points list like Yamor does (if you can get there before he does lol )

Anything basically which affects Andy or Jamie (or indeed, any other British player as we have a board for them now) in ANY way. You don't HAVE to have the powers to update the front page, news updates, first topic posts, match alerts or breaking news to be able to contribute, you can relay the information. That's what Allan, Yamor and many others to their own extent have done without having trusted status. THAT is why I don't understand why you have been fast tracked to it. It's not because it's YOU it's because I see you a member plucked out of thin air. That's what I am getting at. I hope you are following.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's entourage, was it the right move? « Reply #256 on: August 08, 2008, 01:06 AM »

You deleted your post lol And this was a nicer reply as well.... sniff  Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #257 on: August 08, 2008, 01:07 AM »

I get that way when someone implies that I'm not to be trusted.  If I think someone is in the wrong, I won't let it go.  You of all people on here should appreciate that.

Mark, remove my trusted status.  I can't be arsed with this boll**ks.  You'd think you'd given me a million quid by the way some people are reacting.

For the third time, taking it a) personally and b) too literally. The problem was never with you, it was with Mark giving trusted status to anyone in your position. Others have agreed with me as well. I am sure none of them are basing it on what they think of you as a person, good or bad Smile
IP Logged
Jameselaprendi
Challenger Level

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #258 on: August 08, 2008, 01:10 AM »

I think its funny that people think im stubborn. Anyone who knows me would be bemused for what its worth.

Mark got my back up a few times, he can be honoured to be one of few people who's ever had that affect on me.

Ah well, its thrilling having a reputation!

IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #259 on: August 08, 2008, 01:12 AM »

He updates the rankings, he posts RTR scores and matchthreads AS WELL as news articles, draws, and god knows what else. He does a load more than you. That is my whole point. People were hailing him as the new arka at some points for his involvement or the next Allan. That is why Yamor merits it more. The fact you think he doesn't shows how little you pay attention. If like other members you really wanted to contribute more you would have a) asked and b) found ways to contribute, just like everyone else does/has done who is keen to help out. Not to mention the fact Yamor has how many more posts than you do? I don't remember him being a huge contributor to the chit chat and playground threads, but I could be wrong, I haven't checked the numbers. If however I am correct, then he obviously posts more in areas of information, making him at this time, a highly contributory member.....

I didn't know you could contribute, Neil.  Generally that's what moderators are for and that is almost universal, across all forums.  Very rarely can someone with a solitary post significantly contribute to the running of a forum.

I didn't ask because I didn't think there was any need to.  Members are clearly identified as moderators, news team members etc.  If I had known that just anyone could chip in, I would have.  In fact, I posted articles whenever I came across them.

It's perfectly logical to think that the site is taken care of by the people Mark puts in charge.  And when did post count come into it?  I thought it was length of membership?  Now it's been changed to post count, since you realised that I've been here longer than Yamor.  Keep making it up as you go along.

And your logic is still flawed.  Like I said, without me there's simply one less person to help out.  With me, you have an extra hand.  The only reason to object is if you think I'm not to be trusted.  It isn't a huge honour, Neil.  It's simply Mark saying that he wouldn't mind if I helped out where possible.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #260 on: August 08, 2008, 01:15 AM »

For the third time, taking it a) personally and b) too literally. The problem was never with you, it was with Mark giving trusted status to anyone in your position. Others have agreed with me as well. I am sure none of them are basing it on what they think of you as a person, good or bad Smile

There is no other way to take it.  Otherwise, you are simply objecting to the fact that I can now help out.  And that would be absurd.

I couldn't give a toss who agrees with you or what bestofbarry thinks of Mark's decision.  Like I said, it isn't a Knighthood.  It's simply an invitation to give a helping hand.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #261 on: August 08, 2008, 01:20 AM »

I didn't know you could contribute, Neil.  Generally that's what moderators are for and that is almost universal, across all forums.  Very rarely can someone with a solitary post significantly contribute to the running of a forum.

I didn't ask because I didn't think there was any need to.  Members are clearly identified as moderators, news team members etc.  If I had known that just anyone could chip in, I would have.  In fact, I posted articles whenever I came across them.

It's perfectly logical to think that the site is taken care of by the people Mark puts in charge.  And when did post count come into it?  I thought it was length of membership?  Now it's been changed to post count, since you realised that I've been here longer than Yamor.  Keep making it up as you go along.

And your logic is still flawed.  Like I said, without me there's simply one less person to help out.  With me, you have an extra hand.  The only reason to object is if you think I'm not to be trusted.  It isn't a huge honour, Neil.  It's simply Mark saying that he wouldn't mind if I helped out where possible.

I wasn't making anything up as I went along. I never ONCE said Yamor was here longer than you did. Very very poor observation from you. I said SARAH had been here a lot lot longer. So that point is once again invalid.

Too many cooks spoil the broth........

Again, it's not that you are not to be trusted, but that is the whole point of the high post count and long term contribution viability. Please try and get this into your over sensitive head. You are making yourself out to be a victim in a victimless scenario. Very good tactic for an argument but flawed in this case.

And you didn't know you could contribute. WELL THAT'S THE WHOLE ******* POINT OF MY ARGUMENT. Clearly a case of too much brains and no common sense. People on here contributed whether they knew they could or not. That's what makes it such a good site. The community all helps out. I'm not saying you do nothing, but if you were KEEN to help out, you would have inquired more. Surely you noticed people posting new topics for entry lists other than Mods etc......
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #262 on: August 08, 2008, 01:20 AM »

I think its funny that people think im stubborn. Anyone who knows me would be bemused for what its worth.

Mark got my back up a few times, he can be honoured to be one of few people who's ever had that affect on me.

Ah well, its thrilling having a reputation!

I have no idea whether you're stubborn or not.  It's simply the first thing Mark mentions when your name pops up.  No smoke without fire an' all that.  Regardless, I'm taking this seriously because I feel like I've been insulted.  The rest are taking it seriously because they think trusted status is a huge honour that should only be given out to a select few.

Mark:

If these saddos are really that bothered about it, remove my status so they can sleep better.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #263 on: August 08, 2008, 01:24 AM »

There is no other way to take it.  Otherwise, you are simply objecting to the fact that I can now help out.  And that would be absurd.

I couldn't give a toss who agrees with you or what bestofbarry thinks of Mark's decision.  Like I said, it isn't a Knighthood.  It's simply an invitation to give a helping hand.

The point is, Mark has always treated his site with quite special care and suddenly he's given someone - who's not been here very long OR shown massive contributions (at least one is necessary IMO so don't try and twist and say neither has Yamor, because he has done the latter) - trusted status. Mark has suddenly gone from what seems as quite cautious over who can do what. Again, my problem is mainly with his decision not who he decided about individually or Mark himself, but the decision he made.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #264 on: August 08, 2008, 01:26 AM »

I wasn't making anything up as I went along. I never ONCE said Yamor was here longer than you did. Very very poor observation from you. I said SARAH had been here a lot lot longer. So that point is once again invalid.

Too many cooks spoil the broth........

Again, it's not that you are not to be trusted, but that is the whole point of the high post count and long term contribution viability. Please try and get this into your over sensitive head. You are making yourself out to be a victim in a victimless scenario. Very good tactic for an argument but flawed in this case.

And you didn't know you could contribute. WELL THAT'S THE WHOLE f**kING POINT OF MY ARGUMENT. Clearly a case of too much brains and no common sense. People on here contributed whether they knew they could or not. That's what makes it such a good site. The community all helps out. I'm not saying you do nothing, but if you were KEEN to help out, you would have inquired more. Surely you noticed people posting new topics for entry lists other than Mods etc......

I genuinely didn't notice.  I didn't pay that much attention.  I am here to interact; therefore, I did not pay a great deal of attention to who did what.  The only thing I ever really noticed was that Sir Panda and the MurraysWorld account posted a lot of news.

It has nothing to do with lack of common sense.  In fact, common sense is the very reason that I didn't enquire.  Every single other forum I've been to has moderators to do the work.  Applying common sense, I assumed this forum was the same.  That is the very definition of common sense.

Some people want to help out because they want to feel like they are partly responsible for running the site.  I can't say I had that ambition.  I was simply here to interact.  Maybe that's why some people enquired and I didn't.  Bugger all to do with common sense.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #265 on: August 08, 2008, 01:32 AM »

Clearly you haven't been to MTF then.... oh wait you have. Do you realise how many people help out there?

And if you wanted just to interact, you wouldn't have been so keen to post the match update after you got your trusted status for a start.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #266 on: August 08, 2008, 01:32 AM »

The point is, Mark has always treated his site with quite special care and suddenly he's given someone - who's not been here very long OR shown massive contributions (at least one is necessary IMO so don't try and twist and say neither has Yamor, because he has done the latter) - trusted status. Mark has suddenly gone from what seems as quite cautious over who can do what. Again, my problem is mainly with his decision not who he decided about individually or Mark himself, but the decision he made.

I've been here nearly a year.  I didn't join last month.  I am very much a regular and log on at least once a day, when I can.  The members know me and, more importantly, know my online persona.

Allowing me to help out isn't going to harm the site.  I'd assume Mark simply recognises that I am online a lot, particularly the past few months.  Therefore, I am free to help.  While Sarah has been a member longer, she probably isn't here as often.  It makes perfect sense to me.

Honestly, I am really not too bothered.  I didn't ask for it, so I'll be happy for Mark to remove it.  It was completely blown out of proportion in the first place and now this thread has ended up like most threads I get really involved in.
IP Logged
Jameselaprendi
Challenger Level

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #267 on: August 08, 2008, 01:33 AM »

Clydey my friend, you seem to be so much fire theres no need to look for smoke.

If you really wanted to you could find a way not to take Neil's objection so personally.

You should really read some of your posts objectively and realise youre taking it a bit far... asking for the status to be removed because you yourself caused (at least 50%) of a furoe is utterly dramatic.

I mean, you dismiss my slight objection to being labelled stubborn (on marks say so) with "No smoke without a fire" while in the middle of a massive wobbler yourself over a percieved slight against you!

Come on man, pull it together.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #268 on: August 08, 2008, 01:34 AM »

Clearly you haven't been to MTF then.... oh wait you have. Do you realise how many people help out there?

And if you wanted just to interact, you wouldn't have been so keen to post the match update after you got your trusted status for a start.

What are you going on about?  Mark asked me specifically to do that, you tit.  That was led initially led him to give me the status, because I was going to up when the draw took place.

Way to misinterpret the situation.  Idiot.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Trusted Status « Reply #269 on: August 08, 2008, 01:37 AM »

Clydey my friend, you seem to be so much fire theres no need to look for smoke.

If you really wanted to you could find a way not to take Neil's objection so personally.

You should really read some of your posts objectively and realise youre taking it a bit far... asking for the status to be removed because you yourself caused (at least 50%) of a furoe is utterly dramatic.

I mean, you dismiss my slight objection to being labelled stubborn (on marks say so) with "No smoke without a fire" while in the middle of a massive wobbler yourself over a percieved slight against you!

Come on man, pull it together.

I wasn't dismissing it, James.  This is the problem with text interaction.

When I said "no smoke wthout fire an' all that" I was justifying why I initially thought you were stubborn.  I wasn't dismissing your objection.  In fact, I took your objection on board, as I haven't seen your stubborness firsthand.

Is that clearer?

Edit:  thanks for the subtle digs.  I'm growing a bit tired of this site.  People seem to assume that I'm going mental because I don't use smileys.  My posts are nothing if not coherent.  And I'm certainly not throwing a wobbler.
[ Last edit by Clydey August 08, 2008, 01:40 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »